Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 64      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks Ellasdad, Jim was such a gentle little dog - considering the start in life he had. He was a rescue dog who had been taken to a vet along with his sister and mum, all to be put to sleep as `unwanted pets`. Jim`s tail had also been cut off, then the centre discovered he had a hole in his intestines. He was operated on and lived with a foster mum until we adopted him at 4 months old.  We were so very lucky to have him for 17 years, the best years of our lives.  
 Animals have such forgiving natures, no matter what has happened to them.  I think they show a lot of humans the way to act to be honest. 
                  Hoping you are okay,  Jackie.

Reply with quote  #17 
Hi Jackie,
Yes, I will definitely post more pictures of Bailey! Thanks again for the link!! We are going out shortly for dinner (It's 5PM here in Nova Scotia) but I'll try and post some when we get back later. :) Funny, I always felt so guilty when we went out. Shihtzus have that underbite and Bailey would stick out this long tooth staring at me when he realized we were going somewhere!
I knew Jim's tail has been cut off but I had no idea the damage that was done. How awful!! Thank heavens you (and your husband) rescued him and gave him so much love!!
Bailey's spine had been cracked (he was abused as a puppy) and we just found out 2 years ago when his back got really sore and we had it X-rayed. It's hard to understand how anyone can hurt an innocent animal!! That's why it's this Forum is so great. We all loved our beautiful pets so much!
Hugs!
MJ
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #18 
Hi MJ, poor Bailey - how anyone can hurt an animal is beyond belief, thank goodness he found you and had such a good life.     I know what you mean about going out when we had our boys, always looking at our watch and always the first to leave to get back to them.    Even now when we go anywhere I still feel as if I`ve got to get back home, it feels strange to realise we can now stay out for as long as we want. 
 Looking forward to seeing more pics of lovely Bailey. and enjoy your evening !! 

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #19 
Oh Jackie, how amazing that Jimmy has had such a wonderful life with you after an awful start. How can anyone hurt a beautiful innocent animal? I can't understand human cruelty, it sickens me as I know it does you. He is absolutely stunning and I love your pebble story. Our babies are all so unique with their little ways. It's sticks with Molly, she would always find the biggest and longest one and carry it during our walk. Saturdays are particularly bad days for me, every one is a marker of having to say goodbye. It hasn't got any easier and I miss her so much. X
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #20 
Evie, thank you for your kind words. Its so hard that the day we lost them is never just another day. Sunday`s are the same for us, 11.15am always has us looking at the clock and counting yet another week without Jim.  I can`t for the life of me understand how anyone could treat innocent animals with such dreadful cruelty. I am also on facebook , and some of the things I see on there is heartbreaking. 
 I hope your Molly and my Jim are both having a wonderful time playing together over the Bridge, at least our babies had such a good life with us, and hopefully they have found a nice big pebble to play with !  
                    Hugs to you Evie,    Jackie.

Reply with quote  #21 
Hello my lovely boy ,  13 weeks ago today we had to say goodbye to you - we always said we wouldn`t let you suffer needlessly.  You let us both know that you were so very tired, and although our hearts were breaking, we helped you cross the Bridge. I know you are now happy with my dad, who thought the world of you,  until we meet again Jim, run free with all our other doggies and cats, who I am sure you have met, and all the other beautiful animals I have got to know on this lovely site.  Love you forever Jim, thanks for being our special friend. xxx P2050434300x290.jpg 

Reply with quote  #22 
Aw, Jimmy has the same sweet look in his eyes that Molly has. A sort of 'I'm so sweet and gorgeous, you know you want to give me a cuddle' beckoning which we can never resist. I've been having trouble uploading photos, says they've exceeded the size. Do you have any tips please so I can show you my beautiful girl too? I'm sure they are playing happily together too and getting lots of attention. X
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #23 
Hi Evie123, Jim certainly did have that look - the look that got him anything he wanted ! I was also getting that message each time I tried to post a pic, and then I was very kindly given this link which lets you resize them - you have to choose a pic from your photos than put in a new size( after a bit of experimenting I find 320 and 270 is ok to use).  Just google http;//www.garyshood.com/imageconvert/

Hoping to see some pics of your lovely Molly girl soon!

Jackie

Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks so much Jackie! X
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #25 
Jim lazing about on his favourite chair. His paw is bandaged as he used to get terrible cysts on his paw a couple of times a year during his last 3 years which had to be manually drained without sedation. This was because he`d been diagnosed with a liver tumour, and because his liver enzyme count was so very high, it was too risky to give him any form of sedation.  He was so brave during these times, I used to check his paws regularly and dreaded finding the sign another cyst was forming, as we knew what had to be done. He had a special plastic sock made so he could still go for walks with his bandage on.  P7060507300x250.jpg 

Reply with quote  #26 
Hi Jackie,
That is so sad. It must have been so hard for you! I can imagine that feeling of dread - of finding another cyst because it would mean pain for your boy. He looks happy and content though hugging that pillow - so sweet! I also love the picture you posted of Jim in his basket! :)
MJ
Sadiesmom061308

Reply with quote  #27 
Hi Jackie,
What a sweet picture of Jim. He looks so comfortable . It really warms my heart to see what a good life he had. I love the pictures of the snow and in the basket. Nice memories.
Thanks for posting those pictures.
Sending hugs,
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #28 
Thanks Sadiesmom,  he always made himself comfortable wherever he was - even knocking myself and my husband off the sofa so he could have it all to himself !  It feels so strange now that we can sit where we want to. PC250875320x270.jpg 

Reply with quote  #29 
I can't help but laugh over what you said about Jom even knocking you guys off the sofa! That is funny!
Bailey loved his comfort too! It's great what we will do for them isn't it? :)
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #30 
MJ, he even used to get in our bed when he was younger, me and my husband would have a tiny strip of bed - we were practically hanging over the edge - while Jim was sprawled out in the middle !!.  I  think he was actually the boss in our house, and we were his devoted slaves !  
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.