Forum

Author   Comment   Page 8 of 64     «   Prev   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #106 
Hi MJ & Tammy,   I also think about getting a Jack Russell rescue, as Jim was part Jack Russell, but then I read somewhere that you should go for a completely different type of dog to lessen the fear of comparisons.    Its like Tammy says, one minute you think I`ll get the same breed, then a warning bell sounds saying `Don`t go there`.   
 I suppose what I really want is for a dog to choose me - we`ll just have to see in June when we go to the shelters.

Hugs, Jackie

Reply with quote  #107 
Hello Jim, another bad day. I decided to do some spring cleaning and found the little puppy collar that you were wearing when the rescue centre brought you to us over 17 years ago. We`ve put it in the `memory box` with all your other collars , leads and coats. You are certainly finding little ways to let us know you are still around us, you were so much a part of our lives for all those wonderful years we shared. 
 Miss you always my old boy, forever in our hearts Jim. Thank you for finding us.
                                                       Jackie & Brian

Reply with quote  #108 
Hi Jackie,
I know how hard it is to find things everywhere. I think Jim is having you find signs of your life together. I was cleaning out a draw and I found Sadies puppy collar. It is purple. So precious these memories we will hold dear.
Hugs to you and Brian
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #109 
Hi Tammy, I think both Jim and Sadie are sending us little signs that they are still around. That`s such a coincidence, us both finding their puppy collars. Though it`s gut wrenching when you do find something - I`ve been going through all my photo`s on facebook, and found the one I posted to let all my friends know that Jim had passed away, so of course I re-read all the lovely messages they sent to me  - tears again. 
                                                       Hugs, Jackie

Reply with quote  #110 
I'm so sorry for your loss! Jim was a handsome boy and I can tell from all of your wonderful posts how very loved he was. I know they give us such unconditional love in return and it is so difficult to say good bye. Wishing you better days ahead!
Hugs,
CK
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #111 
Thank you CK, he was a very loved little dog - sometimes I still can`t believe he`s no longer here. Its what you say, that total unconditional love they give us for the whole of their lives, without asking too much in return. 
                                                                           Hugs right back to you, Jackie

Reply with quote  #112 
Hi Jackie,
I know the tears never seem to stop when we relive the time. I am glad you could read all the nice messages from your friends.I can tell by his pictures what a love Jim was. I can't believe they are gone either. Today my boss gave me a book in memory of Sadie called "The Next Place". Very heartwarming but a tear jerker.
Wishing you peace
Hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #113 
Hi Tammy, I`ve read a couple of reviews for The Next Place, and so many people recommend it that I`ve ordered myself a copy.  
 My mum has started having dreams about Jim - all good ones where he`s running around like he used to be, as yet though I`ve only had the one dream of him - but would love to have more. Wouldn`t it be great if we could choose our dreams?
                                   Hugs, Jackie PC280014250x320.jpg 

Reply with quote  #114 
Oh gosh Jackie,
What a handsome picture of Jim. What a character!I feel like we are all family. I am glad your mom is having good dreams. I hope it is your turn next for more wonderful dreams. I have not had any recently of Sadie.
Heres hoping!
Wishing you peace and healing
Tammy
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #115 
Jackie, I love this pic of Jim - he really was one handsome dog!! He always has such a majestic look!
My mom says she thinks of Bailey every day- she looked after him last time we went away (9 years ago) and spoiled him rotten! They really deserve to be spoiled though, don't they?

I haven't heard of that book. I must check it out. Tammy, it was nice of your boss to do that! :)

We're still working on Bailey's scrapbook - we took a lot of his recent pics by IPhone and his eyes were green (as opposed to red with people) so we've found a place to have that changed.

Hugs, MJ

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #116 
Hi Tammy & MJ, thanks to you both for your kind words.  For a crossbreed, Jim was a handsome little man, but he used those looks to get what he wanted so many times !!  Once he `fixed ` you with his eyes, that was it !   Tammy, I know what you mean - it really does feel like we are part of a family on here.  Outside of this forum, not everyone realises just how much we loved and miss our best friends - sometimes I feel like I have to stop going on and on about how great animals are when I`m with friends and family, even though most of them have their own pets. I actually feel sorry for them as I think they don`t realise what they`ve got until its gone.
                                                            Hugs, Jackie

Reply with quote  #117 
Jackie~  another amazing Jim picture. It's remarkable because with his handsome looks,  it always seems like the light has caught his chiseled face just right. He always has a calm yet 'all knowing' look. So cool. Like you guys, I have been looking @ or thinking about getting another dog. When I look @ Wheatens or Wheaten mixes, I can't figure out whether it's a good thing or not. (to get the same breed) As you say, the most important thing is to accept the absolute truth:  when the timing is right, I truly believe Lucy will help guide me to the next dog. It's not that I'm sitting back-- waiting for it to happen. It's more that as empty & hollow as this house feels right now, it has taken this long to know, to truly know that in the next few months, there will be another dog here. Which breed or which rescue/pup or exactly when it will happen...somehow I know it will work as it's meant to. And I think that's true for everyone here. I hope so. There's too much love inside-- all of us-- to live on without a dog or best bud-- beside us. Hugs, Kasey
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #118 
Hi Kasey, its such a hard question - I`ve read that you should steer clear of bringing a similar breed into your home as there would be too many comparisons, but at the end of the day he/she would be  such a different character anyway - its a tough decision to make. I know for sure we will have another dog, as I really couldn`t envision life without one, this is the longest I`ve ever been without a dog and as you say, the house is so very empty. We`ve set ourselves June as the target to start looking for a new friend, and like your Lucy, I feel Jim will guide us to the next dog/puppy.
                                                              Take care, Jackie

Reply with quote  #119 
Hi Jackie and Kasey
I too am not sure what kind of dog to get. Sadie was a wheaten terrier as you know. I am just so scared to get the same breed as I feel I will always see Sadie in her. I have read that Wheatens can have food/ allergy issues and I am afraid where Sadie had all these issues that it will happen again. I am driving myself crazy with this. I hope Jim, Lucy and Sadie guide us.
Wishing us all peace and healing and now wisdom!
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #120 
Hi Tammy, I know exactly what you mean about getting the same breed as Sadie. I think at the start you would be looking for the same personality traits as Sadie, but eventually you`d see different little characteristics coming through.  Its just so hard, knowing what to do, as Jim was a Jack Russell cross, I know I`d never get the same type that he was. I`ve even been looking at tan Jack Russell cross dogs on various rescue sites, but none look like him, and maybe that`s a good thing...
 We`ve had beautiful weather here in the UK today, so I decided to sit out in the garden, but even that was a bit upsetting, as when Jim was here I`d always get the lounger out for him to lie on - he always loved lounging about in the sun, so it felt so lonely sitting there on my own. This was one of the last photo`s of him from last summer, he`d gotten quite thin by then, but still enjoyed being outside with me. 001290x240.jpg 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.