Forum

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 64     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #91 
Hi Jim, we were out walking today and yet another person asked where you were. Its so hard having to explain to people what happened just before Christmas, and it should be easier now,    but its not.   We both miss you so much, I could smell your little doggy smell again today, the first time for a few weeks - we have decided that you `check in ` every now and then to see how we are doing. Its so very tough not having our little old man with us.  Miss you, my beautiful old man.x P1290038_edited320x260.jpg 

Reply with quote  #92 
Hi Jackie,
I know it never gets easier explaining anything. Hopefully through this terrible ordeal we can somehow come out of this stronger. The pain never ends.
Another great picture of Jim. What a sweetie!
Hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #93 
Hello Jim, another tough day without you.   I don`t know why, but some days are so much harder than others - I can tell from the moment I wake up that it`s going to be one of `those  bad days`. I tried to tidy the kitchen cupboards today, and there were all your chew sticks and biscuits - well I just closed the cupboard and left them all there.  For such a small dog, you certainly took up a huge space in our home!  Basket, toy`s, blankets for the car, brushes - 17 years worth of all your belongings, and we just can`t bear to part with any of them just yet.
  Miss you forever, our beautiful boy, I hope you are happy over the Bridge.

P2050434300x290.jpg 

Reply with quote  #94 
Hi Jackie,
I am right there with you today. I was out in my backyard and it was like torture. I could not stop crying. Our babies are everywhere In and outside of our houses. As always love the picture. Thanks for sharing.
Sending hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #95 
Hi Tammy,  it`s awful isn`t it ?  Just when you think you`re `getting there`, it seems like you get thrown right back to the beginning.  I actually think some days are worse now than when we first lost them.  Looking back I think for the first few weeks you kind of get through on `auto pilot`, and only now its become all to real - a bit like delayed reaction. 
                                                                  Hugs, Jackie

Reply with quote  #96 
Hi Jim, we had to spend a lot of time out today, visiting relatives - you loved all of them, but when we came home , we both could smell your special little doggy smell so very strong. Even now after 17 weeks, you are still here with us, I am certain you are watching over us, letting us know you are not that far away. Just wish we could know for sure that you are happy, and that you know we love and miss you so very much.   Thanks for those 17 years Jim, my special old boy. Xxx

Reply with quote  #97 
Hi my lovely old boy, it feels so strange being at home all day without you following me everywhere.  Brian has now gone back to working from the office after working from home for the last 12 months, when you really started to struggle. He made sure your daily walks went at YOUR pace, spent a lot of time each day trying various things to encourage you to eat - and hand feeding you. Even getting up so many times during the night for you to go outside for a pee - you were such a clean little dog, and when you did start having little accidents during your last few weeks you looked so embarrassed.  I really don`t think we could have done any more for you - I hope you know how much we loved and cared for you. 
  You really were our special once in a lifetime dog Jim, 17 weeks have passed since we helped you on your journey over the Bridge, and hardly a minute passes when we don`t think of you, and all your funny little ways.
   We have so many wonderful memories of you that will last for the rest of our lives, but the BEST years were the 17 years that we shared with you.
  Thanks Jim, for coming into our home - I hope you`ve met up with my dad and all our other dogs and cats.  Miss you so much sweetheart. 

Reply with quote  #98 
Hi Jackie,
Your tributes to Jim are wonderful. Straight from the depths of your heart. What a great life you have Jim. You gave him unconditional love and he gave it right back to you. I hope they are all playing together. I went to Sadies groomers today. I usually go on Mondays to see the dogs there. It is my therapy. I love hugging each and ever one of them. They are all so sweet. It is slowly getting better out these days. I miss Sadie more and more with each passing day. My husband will retire in August and we would like to be able to get another fur baby. I so desperately need to love again. No other dog will take Sadies place. How do you find comfort?
Hugs
Tammy
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #99 
Hi Tammy, I know what you mean, although it feels a little better each day, it also throws up all the things we so miss about our beautiful babies. I`m glad you are getting a little therapy by going to Sadies groomers and getting hugs from all the dogs there - I`m sure they appreciate it. 
 We`re also looking about getting another little rescue dog in June - mainly my husbands idea as he is now back working, and I have retired, so I have so much time on my hands.   I am a bit unsure though, as Jim was such a special boy and I worry so much that I will not feel the same way as I did about Jim. I can only hope that Jim would want me to give a loving home to another sad little soul - just like he was - but I have so many doubts as to if it is the right thing to do when we are still grieving so much.    So many things to consider, like you I desperately need to love another little dog, but am unsure as to if it will be too soon?   I just wish we could have our beautiful Jim and Sadie back with us, where they belong. 

Hugs and peace, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #100 
What a wonderful story about the pebble in the garden. Mines only been gone a few hours, but I've already cleaned up most of her things. We have a nice sized backyard. U can only imagine the toys and other things I'm going to find over the EXT few months. I'm afraid I'll lose it each time I do. Take care.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #101 
Rusty, its amazing how many things our little friends collected over the years. As the weather is slowly warming up here, I decided to get one of my lighter jackets out of the wardrobe - one I havn`t worn probably since last September/October,  - and found a spare poop bag in one pocket, and a shopping list in the other including dental sticks for Jim.  It seems like you find another reminder every couple of days.   And yes, you will lose it each time you find another little something, it just shows how much we cared for them.  
                                                              Hugs, Jackie

Reply with quote  #102 
Yes. I'm a teacher. During the Summer, I spend a lot of time doing extra yard work. I'm sure once I get out there, I'll be finding old toys and other reminders. Today is the first day without my girl. My wife goes to work at 5am. For the past 11yrs, it's been my buddy and me having fun til I go to work. This morning is so utterly empty.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #103 
I know how you feel.  When Jim started having more and more problems, my husband started working from home. I requested early retirement from work last year, and I was allowed to leave this January. However my husband went back to working from the main office last week, so its quite hard being here on my own without Jim, you`re never alone when you have a furry little friend in your home.  Just the lack of doing things for them, and the great company they give - such a huge part of our lives. 

Reply with quote  #104 
Hello
All the things you find when you least expect it. It is so lonely in the house without them. My husband will retire in August and then he will be around the house. He will go crazy. Hopefully then we will be able to get another fur baby. I too am afraid I will constantly compare a new baby with my Sadie. Sadie was a wheaten terrier and I don't know if I can get the same breed again. One minute I think I can, the next minute -no.
So hard to know what to do.
Hugs
Tammy
Bailey15

Reply with quote  #105 
Hi Jackie, Tammy & Rusty,
I think you will know in up your heart when the time is right (and of course you will always love and miss your oh, so special friend!)
One thing I can say for sure is that when you are ready for your new friend he or she will be one lucky dog!!!
Hugs!
MJ. :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.