Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 64      1   2   3   4   Next   »
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #1 
It will be 13 weeks on Sunday since we had to help our beautiful 17 year old Jim to cross the Bridge.  I still cry almost every day, but can look back at all the love and companionship he brought into our lives - we`ve no kids so he was like a  child to us - a funny little person if you like. We adopted him from the rescue centre in January 1999, and a few months later he was out in the garden, when we heard a noise - only to discover he`d found a large pebble and was rolling it over and over, he`d stop and lick it, roll it over and lick it again. We`d lived in our house 5 years by then, and had never noticed this pebble before. For the rest of his life he loved his pebble, I think by licking it he was cooling his tongue - but he had such good fun with it!  Today, being a nice early spring day here in the UK, we decided to have a go at tidying the back garden, and there, underneath  a shrub was Jim`s pebble.  It absolutely brought it right back to us that he has really gone, husband and I were in tears in the garden. Out of all the toys we`d bought him over the years, his pebble was the one thing he`d had all through his life - probably his favourite ever thing. My husband is going to paint Jim`s name on it and it will have pride of place on our patio where we can see it every day. 
 I know you`ll all have these little reminders - in a little way I think they`re letting us know they`re still here with us, and will never ever be forgotten.   Jackie. P1290042320x260.jpg 

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh my.  Molly had her "treasures" as well.  I have them with her now.  I couldn't get rid of them because they meant sooooooooo much to her.  EVERY morning she would get them both in her mouth and go all over the house deciding where they would spend the day.  Sometimes she couldn't decide and she would come to me and cry.  It was so sad because who knew where she wanted them.  Sometimes they were behind my bed pillows and sometimes just in the middle of the floor.  She NEVER chewed on this rawhide bone and the little hedgehog was her first Christmas toy.  He was beyond mending and I carried back ups with us always just in case, but I KNEW it wouldn't be the same.  Never needed them thank goodness.  I did NOT place these toys like you see here, she did it herself.  It is almost 4 months now and I am still having total melt downs.
Treasurers 4.JPG  treasurers.JPG

Reply with quote  #3 
hi, we both joined this site around the same time........I am going on 14 weeks as of yesterday, and I still cry every day....but i too have very fond memories of my Munki.

I like the idea of you painting the pebble for Jims memory....and placing it on your patio to see it everyday, what a kind thing to do.

It seems that as time goes on too, some days are much harder than others, some days i cry so hard it hurts i can feel my mouth quivering...i guess it is all the healing process.

Thank you for a nice post, a good post and a memorial post for your beloved Jim

Cam

Cam

jimmy17

Reply with quote  #4 
Janice, I love the way Molly placed her toys, and her coming to you as she couldn`t decide where to put her toys each day.  They really have their own lovely little characters - which is why we love and miss them so very much when we have to lose them. I am so sorry you are still having `meltdowns`,  I still cry most days and in a strange way I think I feel the loss of Jim even more know that Spring is almost upon us. Maybe its all that `new life`, thing - I don`t know really.

Cam, thank you for your kind words, and yes we both lost our little friends around the same time. Hopefully Janice`s Molly, your Munki and Jim are all running happily together over the Bridge. I really hope so. 

Jackie.

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Jackie,
It's wonderful that you found Jim's pebble and I know it would have been very sad for you both thinking about Jim and how much he loved it. Then again maybe it was Jim's way of saying hello and it's interesting that you and your husband found it together. What a wonderful idea to paint Jim's name on his pebble - especially if you place it on your patio where you can see it every day. It will be such a beautiful keepsake for such a beautiful dog!!
Hugs to you!!
MJ :)
LUCYLULU

Reply with quote  #6 
Hello Jackie~ Your post about Jim is very special. I was talking to someone @ work today (a new co-worker) about 'gardening' & how I guess I am dreading heading out into the back yard/garden. Lucy would always be out there. Sometimes following closely,  sometimes watching, nylabone nearby (when she was younger). Ironically, she said the very same thing...except that she is dreading it because her cat Lucy was always hanging out with her when she was gardening. It's been 16 weeks...and you're right, it is still hard to accept the finality of it. But I can picture your Jim with his pebble. So finding it was so important. Definitely a sign/a reminder that he is with you. Love that you will have it forever with his name on it. 

I get crazy with pictures but I love seeing everyone's best buds. (Still haven't made the time to figure out how to do correctly.) The picture of Jim== amazing. I love his eyes, expression & tilt of his head. To me it's as if he's saying, 'OK I love you tons but will you hurry up & take the picture?' Very soulful. Sorry for superimposing my own idea. In some way, may sound weird, I feel like we are getting to know each other's dogs, cats, etc. Somehow it eases the pain. My wish is that they really are all playing together & we will hopefully see them again. Hugs, Kasey
EM

Reply with quote  #7 
Kasey, that's really a sweet thing that you wrote for Jim's parents! Jackie, it's so true that this time of year is indeed difficult for us. Many of our pooches enjoy the winter weather but the spring weather is when we all go out and do more outdoor activities. Wildlife is more active and abundant and so too is the foliage. Flowers blossom and bloom, etcetera. I'm realising that the mild weather that's coming is almost just as difficult for me as the autumn and winter holidays. Cam and Janice, crying daily is something I can certainly relate too, for it's consistent and continues.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #8 
Kasey, thank you so much for your lovely words about Jim`s photo. You`ve got him `spot on`, as although he did seem to like having his photo taken, I would sometimes take that long taking it he`d often get fed up and wander off!    He did have lovely eye`s though - we used to get lots of comments while out on our walks about them, and the kids who live in our road used to call him the `Disney dog`.   
  I know what you mean when you say you feel as though you`re getting to know all the animals on here - I feel exactly the same, and hope so much that they are all running free together over the Bridge - looking down and saying `Look , that`s my mum or dad writing about me again ! `.    Hugs back to you Kasey.

EM, I think the idea of spring being about the start of new life that`s so hard for a lot of us on here. We`re all trying to adjust to a new life without our best little friends, and it`s so hard. Crying sometimes just comes from nowhere for me, I can be in the car and see someone with their dog, in the shops and having to quickly walk past the pet aisle, even in the middle of watching tv. Just another sign of how much we love and miss our friends.

Jackie.

Reply with quote  #9 
Yes, it's so true what Kasey said about your sweet Jim, as with all of our beloved pets who love us unconditionally and with such innocence and divine perfection. Yes, it's also true about all of the constant involuntary reminders that we come across each and every day. It's often difficult to even leave the house because of all the reminders. Like the examples that you give, just going out to stores or peering out a window at people with their pets can be so difficult. My typical daily routine which I use to go about so freely and happily has now become full of obsessive compulsive restrictions.
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Jim, Bailey`s mum posted a beautiful photo of him in the snow, although we don`t get that much snow here, you did love it when it came down.  You couldn`t understand why snowballs disappeared as soon as you got them in your mouth !  P1100023260x340.jpg 

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Jackie,
I love this picture of Jim sitting in the snow! He has such a regal look about him and he looked so at peace - no doubt a result of the wonderful life that you and you husband gave to him!
Hugs,
MJ
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #12 
MJ, yes he did have a regal look - he used that look many times when he wasn`t getting his own way - which wasn`t often, believe me ! Any more pics of Bailey?

Hugs, Jackie.

Reply with quote  #13 
Great pic of Jim in the snow Jackie. I agree with the regal/stoic look and I agree with Bailey, he does have a look of peace and that only comes from being comfortable in there environment and company they are in.
Beaglemomma

Reply with quote  #14 
Since we seem to be on this topic of SNOW and not grief--------for a change----Molly loved the snow.  She was a CA puppy so when we moved to MI for just a year we were so worried how she would do with the snow.  We ran into snow right out of Reno and she was in LOVE.  Once in MI when the snow was almost all melted, she went out and hunted ALL over the yard for the right blade of grass, as they all do, to do her business and found a tiny patch of snow on our deck.  So she proceeded to make a deposit there on the ONLY patch of snow left.  I couldn't move fast enough to get a picture of it, but I think your imagination can fill it in. Spoiled?  NAH just so well LOVED.  Nice to remember funny things along with the grief.  Thanks Jackie for starting this new thread.  I am having a BAD morning so this was nice.  thanks
Lunch.JPG 

Reply with quote  #15 
Oh Janice, I am so glad you have recalled a funny memory of Molly - I can just imagine her seeking out the tiny bit of snow that was left.  These beautiful little babies of ours have left us heartbroken, but they`ve left us with so many happy AND funny memories along the way.  And you are so right, not spoiled ( well maybe a tiny bit!), but just deservedly loved.  
                             Hugs to you, Jackie

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.