Forum

Author   Comment  
StarWish624

Reply with quote  #1 
ALI;

One morning in 1992, I hear the sounds of fighting outside amongst the feral cats that lived in my neighborhood. The local feral cats were rather shaggy, and unkempt. The kitten that they were fighting with this morning, was one that I had never seen before. It was fluffy, and gray/brown, tiger striped. It was a beautiful kitten, and large by comparison to the other cats.
 I got my broom, and went outside to protect the kitten from the other cats. When I got close enough to start and push the other cats away from the kitten, it ran and hid behind my legs. It understood that I was there to help it. I turned, and reached for the kitten to pick it up. It let me. I brought it into my home to see if it was OK.
 Once inside, the kitten seemed right at home. I thought that this kitten must have belonged to someone. I placed an ad in the "lost pet" section of the local newspaper. No response. After a week, I called and set up an appointment with the Vet. to have the kitten fixed. I was keeping - ALI.
 I was told that ALI was a Main Coon Cat, which is the largest of the native American cat breeds, and this turned out to be true. In his prime, ALI grew to be over 3' long (nose to tail), 18" tall, and changed from gray to primarily brown. He was TRULY a "Gentle Giant".
 He was as smart as he was beautiful. I was able to walk him on a leash, and even toilet train him (he used the toilet, instead of a litter box).
 Throughout the years, pets came and went - but ALI was always there teaching the new arrivals the rules of the house. He accepted new kittens and puppies with loving patience and grace. He nurtured the young pets, as if he was their mother - and he was a big MALE. I was so proud of him.
 I have never married, or had children, so ALI became my constant and loyal companion. He shared the moves, the good times and the bad times, and the passing years by my side. He slept at my feet.
 ALI passed away on December 17th, 2009. He went quietly in his sleep from old age. He was 17 years old. His passing is like losing both my child and best friend in one.
 I took the bell and reflector from his collar, and put them on my key chain. ALI RIP.

jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #2 
StarWish624

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a loved one and he gave you 17 years of love and companionship and you returned that loved. Know that Ali is now at The Rainbow Bridge free from pain and suffering. My Jasmine was there to greet him at the Gate.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Hugs,
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was lvoed
Jasmine took ProIn
Jasmine is gone

Please visit Jasmine: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Bob

Reply with quote  #3 
May ALI rest in peace in the hollow of Gods loving hand. May you always remember your love for him and his for you.
I lost my elderly gentleman feline buddy, Mr, Ike, on August 14, 2009. He was 17 1/2. I know the deep hurt of loss which seems impossible to accept. I am told the waves of grief will gradually lessen. I hope so.
God bless you and ALI.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.