mishacosette1 Show full post »
ahartofilis
Hello Michelle, thanks for the kind words on my thread, I appreciate it.
   I hope you are doing a little better. I understand a lot of your pain from our chat a few days ago. As others here have mentioned, you gave a loving home to your Cosette. You did the very best that you could. Sometimes we need a little bit of time to come to terms with things. There are so many emotions that emerge when grieving. Its hard to make a lot of sense of things in the beginning. I hope that you continue to find comfort here. You are not alone. It is clear that you cared and loved your pets very much. Hopefully another furbaby can benefit from your loving care................Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Mom.
Quote 0 0
mishacosette1
Thank-you Andrea.  I don't understand why my original post is gone.  who can I contact about it.?
Michelle Cory
Quote 0 0
shantismom
I read your post and I feel so sorry for you.  I have to tell you that there isn't one person here who does not feel guilty for one reason or another.  I don't know what I would do if I felt threatened by my pet, it would just be horrible.
Years ago I had a cat who would bite me under certain circumstances, although I loved that cat I was always having to watch and be on guard to catch any indication that he was getting ready to bite me.
My husband ended up playing with this cat more than I did.  I remember how hurt my feeling would be when he would bite and hurt me.  I always felt that if he loved me he wouldn't do that, just my crazy thinking.
Don't listen to anyone who judges you, they did not live with these animals and experience what you did.
If you think you'd like another dog, take the time to speak with the people at the shelter, take your time.  Many times the people can give you a good idea of the temperament of the dogs they care for.
Some dogs are much more laid back than others.  You didn't make these dogs the way they were, don't beat yourself up.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
mishacosette1
Thank-you  Shanti's mom.  

After reading the stories on here . I see that everyone does feel guilty for one reason or another.  thanks for your support.  it means a lot

Michelle Cory
Quote 0 0
mishacosette1
so Here it s ,many months later,  and i have my Charlotte.  She is everything to me and so good. and  I am much better.  i have one episode a day where all the thoughts come back, and all the grief,  and that i wasn't justified, and that i rushed.  and remembering, that i was so hysterical, i never even looked or spoke to her, from the time she bit ill getting to the vet.  she was in a stroller and i just didn't look,  she was very quiet ,not a peep,  so i'm thinking mabe she was relieved not to have to hurt me anymore.  God i still love her so.  and  find myself doing things like praying  i am not religious i am secular. and let it's like having something to grab onto.  like i want Rosarie beads. it's just rituals and i am so tormented by ocd,  the reviewing has been hard for me,  Watching the Revanant made me feel like such a whimp after everything he went through. so my dog big me 30 times,  so she was upredictable ,  i didn't get her medicine,  i just killed her.  That is the part i cant get over.  Like i am just a dog killer.  Thanks for reading, 

Michelle Cory
Quote 0 0