brenda123
Help!! My Sassy passed on Feb 17th, 2013 and I am devestated! I cannot stop crying. I am grieving so much for her. I am having so many emotions I just don't know how to control them. I never imagined it would be this hard. I'm mad, I'm hurt, I feel guilty, I just can't accept the fact that she is gone. I have many pets still at home, whom I love with all my heart. I was starting to have faith in the fact that there really is a place just this side of heaven where our pets go to wait for us. And in the meantime they are happy, healthy, and having lots of fun. This place is the Rainbows Bridge. I truely believe this was with out a dobt for real. I just got off the phone with a friend who is extremely religous, very high on faith, I guess I was looking for encouragement and hope. She said the bible never says our pets have souls, and if they have a place in heaven. Can this be true??? I am even more devestated, does anyone have any other insite they can share? I really don't know how to go on. I feel so guilty b/c my other furbabies still need me, and I need them. I am truely overwhelmed, saddened, and broken hearted.

Brenda
Brenda
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
I'm very sorry to hear about Sassy. I think your friend is wrong. Speaking from just a biblical perspective; I believe the book says that at the time of the flood, God made a covenant with both man and animal. Not rocks or trees, but specifically man and animals. I'll add a link to a page showing many books written on the subject.
http://www.amazon.com/Will-See-Heaven-Lovers-Edition/dp/1557259593/ref=pd_sim_b_5#reader_1557259593

Kind thoughts go out to you.

Jim
Quote 0 0
maddy79
Hi Brenda ,

I am so very sorry for your Sassy, he will forever live in your heart, and he will visit you in your dreams, I am sure of it!
I have a slightly different view... I don't know if I am a believer or not, but I think there is something out there, people want to put labels on everything, we want logical explanations, cause that's how our brains work, but I just think there is something more to this world than our (limited) knowledge, I don't know what it is, but it's there, I have always felt it.
Quote 0 0
brenda123
Jim,
Thank-you for your reply. I think my friend is wrong too. I admit, I haven't read the bible. But I am a believer. I know there is more to this life than what we have here on earth. I was so upset when she told me that, I had to post it for re-assurance. Thank-you for the links!

http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/SASSY149/Resident.htm

My little Sassy's residency.

Brenda
Quote 0 0
brenda123
maddy79,

Thank-you for your post.I really agree with you. I'm not sure what the other side holds, but it has to be something. God didn't create all of us just to have it end when our time is up.  I think becuase we're human our minds are always thinking, wondering, over reacting. As you said putting labels on everything. I for one look forward to meeting my creator when the time comes, and reunitng with all my fur babies, family and friends.
Brenda
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I agree with Jim. Just look into their eyes and you can see their souls.
All living beings have souls and they LOVE us so very much - they know
what we need, we read each other's minds - how is that all possible without
an intelligent being with a beautiful soul and gentle heart.
Be at peace - our babies have souls - ALL of them.
My Love to You.
Susan(heatsick)
Quote 0 0
brenda123
Susan,
Thank-you for your reply. Yes, they are loving, gentle, and intelligent creatures, and yes they must have souls. I do believe this without a doubt now. I know when I look into their eyes and see the way they look back at me that they understand and know what love is. I miss my Sassy so much. I think about her every waking minute. I want so much to know that she is ok, and that she knows that we love her so much! I hope she knows that the day the angel came and took her home broke my heart, I would have done anything for just more time.

Thank-you all for your replys, this is a very difficult time.
Brenda
Quote 0 0
maddy79
I just find it hard to believe we know everything. We are these tiny beings, on this tiny planet, that is the size of a dot compared to others, and we think we know everything there is to know. And what does it mean that our universe expands into nothing, what is nothing? I just think there is more out there...
Sorry, I just had to say it...
Quote 0 0
brenda123
maddy79,

I totally agree. What we have here on earth is just a part of what life really has to offer. There is much more to see and experience, and we will do that when our time comes to make the journey upward. I for one find so much comfort in knowing our fur angels will be waiting for us.

New Topic-
Please anyone feel free to post your thoughts on something a little different.

What happens if your time comes, but you still have fur angels here? Will we be able to be at the bridge when they make their way home?  I mean of course our babies there now are waiting  for us, so we will meet with them and cross over, what about the ones yet to pass. Will we know they are coming home so we can journey to the bridge to meet them and take them home? I really want to understand, I need peace.
Brenda
Quote 0 0
maddy79
I have heard many times about pets dying soon after their human did. When I went to bury my little girl, my neighbor came, who is an old woman, and kept talking and talking, I don't know what she was saying, I was just wishing she would leave me alone, but I did hear her say that another neighbor's pet died soon after he did. It's so sad...
I would say they come straight to us.
Quote 0 0
Mariabba
Thank you all for this wonderful thread. My kitty has a tumor and may be gone soon.

I'm trying to appreciate the time I have left with her, and am treating her like a queen. I have a hard time believing that one day she will be gone. How can a living creature just one day be gone? They must go somewhere. 

I am so upset. Ozzy is a nervous cat. I need to know that she will be welcomed and loved on “the other side”, and that she will not be afraid on her journey. I need to know she won’t forget her family when she goes. Is there an afterlife for pets?  Will she be OK? I hate knowing something bad about her that she doesn't know.  Everytime I look at her I want to cry.

I belive God made all creatures and things for his enjoyment. I thank Him for letting Ozzy share her life with me. God wouldn't just let a living being cease to exist, would he?

Has anybody had a vision or visitation or mystery or miracle after their furbaby moved on?

Quote 0 0
dian
Marriaba, I feel your pain. I am lost and am searching also.You might want to google or youtube Brent Atwater and go from there.Sending you hugs
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
I think your friend is absolutely wrong.

The love we feel for our animals is a huge part of OUR souls,  and our beloved furry babies become one with our souls.
There would be no heaven without reunion with our pets.
Was not Jesus called "The Good Shepherd"?  He was born in a manger surrounded by animals.
I believe Jesus loves all our fur babies as much as we do.
Some "friend"  you have.
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
I believe that our babies have souls, with no doubt in my mind they are waiting for us to come to them when our time here on earth is over!!!!! I look forward to seeing my babies when Im gone, it will be a joyous reunion for all of us!!!!! sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Brenda, they live after "death". And thanks to my girl Misty showing me that evidence, I now know that WE live after death.
She showed me what no-one has ever been able to do....no bible, no philosophers, no scientists, no one. My girl showed me those things with her simple grace and little light of love.
If you feel like it -read Misty's after death blog (just below) I don't lie, make things up. Neither am I subject to hallucinations. What happened was 110% REAL.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0