Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #46 
Oh my goodness, first of all congratulations!! Luna is beautiful. She is going to bring you so much needed joy to your life.

You will never forget your beautiful Daisy. I adopted Toby less than one month after my second one died and I have not forgotten either one of my babies. They are the last thing I think about before going to sleep and first thought upon waking. And I constantly think of them throughout my day. Luna will bring you new joys and make new memories, but Daisy will be with you always. Nothing and no one will ever make you forget Daisy. ❤️❤️❤️

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

catiebee

Reply with quote  #47 
Oh she is just precious, precious!!  Congratulations on this darling, little new family member, Lori. What wonderful news! Hugs to you!
Sil

Reply with quote  #48 
Lrogers424,

Congratulations!! Luna is just so precious.  Daisy has her special secured place in your heart.  But, this new fur-bundle-of-joy
will help you, heal your heart.  And, just like MAlcindor said "Luna will bring new joys and make new memories."  And, Welcome to the "joys of puppyhood".
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #49 
Thank you Catie, Sil & MALcindor. She sure is a sweet little thing. Nights are long, but she is doing well at potty training so far and has even learned to get up a few deck steps on those teeny legs! She desperately wants the cat to be her friend, but my old gal will have none of that. She was like that with Daisy in the beginning too.

Reply with quote  #50 
Lrogers424,

How precious, Luna "wants a fur baby friend".  Perhaps, with time they would become friends.  At the moment, I have two fur babies, Maya, a fifteen-month-old female doggie and Lea, a six month old female doggie.  They both have "supervised" play sessions.... but, it will take time.  Again, I am very happy that you have Luna and the "unconditional circle of love" will begin again.  
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #51 
Congratulations!! She is beautiful! A puppy adventure 😊😊
Sampson

Reply with quote  #52 
My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Daisy.
I'm very happy for you that things have worked out this time and your were able to bring little Luna into your lives. She will be different than Daisy as you already know but she will bring her own light and live into your home. Congratulations!
Sam
Rosanne777

Reply with quote  #53 

Dear Lori

When I lost my Cat Maya I
was also worried about 
adopting another Cat that
I would wind up losing
too!

Still I took the plunge and I
adopted a Kitten.

Now,my adopted Kitten is a 
year old and I have grown
to love her just as much as
I loved Maya.

Plus,I am very loved in 
return. 

Hoping my story willl be a
help to you when it comes
to adoption and what we
may receive in return.

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #54 
Thank you all for the well wishes.  Yesterday we went for a walk to a place that we had not been since Daisy's death.  It was hard and I though still miss Daisy's easy going, uncomplicated and undemanding nature, Luna did a great job.  She only walked a bit of the way as she is just a baby, but she liked being out with is.  She has become very attached to me and cries like crazy when I leave her even for a short time.  I am not sure if I should let her have short crate time even though she cries or just keep her with me.  I work from home, so that is not a problem.  I just don't want to create a separation anxiety issue if she never has alone time. Any advice is appreciated.  Sil--you might have gone through this as yours are still young.  How did you do it?

Reply with quote  #55 
Catie,  When I see Luna I am reminded of the beautiful baby photos you posted of Marissa. How wonderful to watch her grow up before your eyes and in your heart.  My Mom raised Yorkies while I was growing up so I had many puppies during my young life but I never knew Daisy as a baby so this is both a new and old experience all at once.  I hope you are doing okay...you are in my thoughts!

Reply with quote  #56 
Lrogers Sorry for your loss of Daisy and congratulations on your baby Luna. I heard a pet loss counselor say that it is wise to get a new pet ASAP. According to him the new fur baby can help tremendously with grieving and healing.
I will also do a private adoption of sibling Main Coon boys next year.
Through my research and study I learned that spaying/neutering at a young age can have devastating results on endocrine system in animals. Testicals and ovaries produce important hormones. They are not purely sex organs. If I adopt just boys and am (always have been) METICULOUS with watching my cats outside they will never impregnate a female. I will only neuter at mature age and only if I happen to add a female Main Coon to my family. I want to avoid endocrine and skeletomascular issues down the road so no desexing. All shelters fix animals prior to letting them go. Secondly I don't want to microchip. I did with my babies and regretted it. God knows what is in that microchip and if it can cause problems. I wouldn't microchip myself, my child and I certainly won't microchip my cats. Again, shelters won't let me skip it. I always stayed close to my cats, they were never out of my sight. Not even for a second.
I have no choice but to adopt privately from people who breed their own Main Coons cause breeders insist in their contracts to fix within 6 months of age. Main Coons grow up to 5 years of age. No to hip displacia and trachea collapse in my cats.
I hope and pray that I will find perfect furry kids next year who will bring me love and joy.

Luna is awesome. You will fall crazy in love with her. I know it! It will take work and patience but it will pay off a big time.
Enjoy your new baby :) make lots of pictures and videos :)
Your post gave me hope for some joy in the future. Thank you.
Violetta
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #57 
Thank you all for the well wishes. We are in the throws of full on puppy mode which is loads if work. The first few days were rough and i honestly thought i had made a huge mistake. But she has forced me to get out again, take walks, enjoy the fall. She even makes me feel young! Luna is doing well on potty training, walks like a champ on the leash and last night was the first that she did not cry all night. She is a smart, funny little thing and has been keeping us busy which helps with the mourning process. Adoption after loss is not an easy decision, but when you have loved so deeply, it opens the door to loving again.

Attached Images
jpeg 20181031_143746.jpg (4.02 MB, 10 views)

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #58 
Oh, and the tongue out in the photo is her signature style!

Reply with quote  #59 
I am so glad to see you and Luna are doing well.  When we brought Louie home, the first two weeks were so rough.  I was still grieving my Sophie and thought I made a mistake as well adopting another puppy so soon. I was such a mess. But I'm glad we stuck it out and now I cannot imagine Louie not being here; he has healed my soul in a way I cannot explain. And you are right when you said that loving so deeply opens the door to love again.  My Sophie gave me so much love, I had to return her love to another dog, now Louie who needed me.  Luna is adorable btw. I've only had Shih-Tzus and they are the sweetest, cutest little dogs. Wishing you all the best.
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #60 
Hi Numb, I was feeling so guilty for being miserable after wanting to adopt again so badly. My poor husband was so confused!  I did a lot of reading and realized that most people go through the puppy/adoption blues and have second thoughts.  It is so comforting, just as with deeply with Daisy's loss, that other people on this forum had the same thoughts and feelings.  I was so used to Daisy and we loved her gentle companionship and at age 11, she was calm and predictable.  I admit though, I also had second thoughts after adopting her too.  My husband has been great, talking me down off my anxiety.  The sleepless nights did not help, but last night she was great, no crying or whining.  I am hoping was not just a fluke.

It is always great to here that ShihTzus are sweet dogs.  We live a peaceful life and high energy, high need is not for us.  But I do admire her puppy energy and she does make me laugh!! Daisy was a Bichon mix, and also had a great personality.  Give Louie and extra treat tonight for being such a good boy and loving his Mom so much!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.