Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #16 
It is not your fault! I just don’t understand why the shelter would do that. Plenty of people would still be willing to adopt her, why withhold information?? Ughh, that makes me so angry. I’m sorry. It just wasn’t the right time or dog for you I suppose.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #17 
We donated her adoption fee back into the shelter.  I heard of another person on this forum who volunteers to walk some of the shelter dogs and visits with cats too.  Tomorrow I am going to go sign up to volunteer at a local shelter.  Something good has got to come out of Daisy's loss.

Reply with quote  #18 
Lrogers424,

I'm sorry for all the extra suffering and anxiety all this has caused you.  And, you did not fail, remember you have done "all this" for Daisy.... you are honoring Daisy.  
camunki

Reply with quote  #19 
Lori you are not a failure!!! and sorry about Pixie, it was not her fault nor yours.....there will be a beautiful soul out there for you to adopt, and the timing will be perfect. Don't give up, and know that your Daisy still loves you as always and she is your guardian angel forever, maybe she will lead you to your next adoptable doggy.

(((Hugs)))

Cam

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #20 
Thanks Cam, it was a rough day. I appreciate your kind words. Moving forward-- just not sure in which direction.

Reply with quote  #21 
yes, volunteering is the best thing you can do!!!!  spend time with the precious souls and see where this path takes you!!! you are awesome Lori!!!!

Cam

LindaDwyer

Reply with quote  #22 
Pixie won't replace your Daisy but she will make  a place of her own.  You will grow to love her, if Daisy could have spoken she would have told you to adopt another and give it a life like she has
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Merlysmum

Reply with quote  #23 
Dear Lori -The original post from you resonated with me SO much. My shih-poo Merlin left a year ago in August (so, 13 months). He was my life, literally. I have been scrolling through pet rescue sites and every time I see a potential dog to inquire about, I freeze with anxiety. I know I want to give another dog a good home but I'm afraid I'll always be comparing him to Merlin and no other dog could ever be as cute, smart, friendly and funny as he was. I suffer from anxiety at the best of times but lately, it's off the charts. Please let me know how your new pup and you are adapting to each other. Maybe your success will help me move on. Thanks so very much.
I hope Daisy and Merlin are looking down on us and wagging their tails with love and approval. 🐶❤️🐾💔

Reply with quote  #24 
Hi Joanne,  I completely understand your anxiety and you have my deepest sympathies over Merlin's loss. Our adoption fell apart at, literally, the 11th hour, just before she was going to be spayed at the vet.  There were health concerns on the part of the vet and some things not disclosed to us by the shelter.  I could not go through with adopting a sick dog; not after losing Daisy 3 months ago.  We stopped the adoption and I think the shelter has already adopted her out.  It felt like my heart was breaking all over again.  I look at Daisy's photo every day and wish she was back with me.  My anxiety has reached prescription level and all I want is just a little furry head to pet again.  Insult to injury, my oldest just moved out yesterday at age 22 and my middle and youngest are off at college so now our home is eerily quiet, save for the beautiful purr of our 13 year old cat.  It is honestly all I can do not to run to the pet store and buy the next adorable puppy I see, but I know I cannot support stores.   I do hope Daisy and Merlin are together and I hope they guide us both to our next friends giving us both the courage to go through the process.

Reply with quote  #25 
We are back at adoption again and have plans to go to an event on 10-20.  I really hope my nerves calm and I can find a new little one to love again.  It is so quiet without Daisy, even more so now that the kids are all gone pursuing their own lives, studies and dreams.  Yesterday we took our first walk without Daisy.  It was so hard and I secretly held her leash in my pocket, but we did it together, my husband and I.  My husband stopped and picked a Daisy-Mum during our walk and it brought tears to my eyes.  I am afraid sometimes to move on and that I will forget how our lives were with her.  I want to be happy again and I want to give another little girl a home, but I don't ever want to forget Daisy.

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrogers424
We are back at adoption again and have plans to go to an event on 10-20.  I really hope my nerves calm and I can find a new little one to love again.  It is so quiet without Daisy, even more so now that the kids are all gone pursuing their own lives, studies and dreams.  Yesterday we took our first walk without Daisy.  It was so hard and I secretly held her leash in my pocket, but we did it together, my husband and I.  My husband stopped and picked a Daisy-Mum during our walk and it brought tears to my eyes.  I am afraid sometimes to move on and that I will forget how our lives were with her.  I want to be happy again and I want to give another little girl a home, but I don't ever want to forget Daisy.

Dear Lori, 

We lost our Sophie (Shih-Tzu) in July after a very long battle with congestive heart failure.  She was my first dog and the love of my life.  I was so lost and so full of sadness, I didn't think I would ever want another dog.  Then I somehow ended up at this Shih-Tzu website post about an available older puppy.  I have browsed numerous rescue websites for available Shih-Tzu dogs, but they were always adopted very fast.  I didn't think I actually wanted to have another dog, but just enjoyed looking at Shih-Tzus, missing my little girl.  

My husband called to ask about the available puppy and next day, we went to take a look at him, just to see.  It turned out that the puppy was available because he was blind in one eye and nobody wanted him.  The owner was about to take him to her rescue friend.  I didn't know about the one eye being blind until I took him to our vet for full check-up and shots.  I struggled a lot about whether to keep him or take him back because I was not sure if I could handle another medical issues so soon after Sophie and because he was so scared and skittish around us.  I didn't think I was ready for a challenge.  Well, after 2 months, Louie is still with us and I cannot imagine my life without him.  He has learned to trust me and gives me so much love.  He brought laughter into our lives again.  I still have Sophie's collar under my pillow and greet her (urn) everyday. I still cry sometimes.  Louie will never replace the love I have for Sophie, but I love him just as much already.  I believe Sophie led me to Louie knowing that he needed a loving home and care and we can provide it.

I read about what happened with your first adoption attempt and I am so sorry.  But I think you will definitely find another dog who will love you and will make you happy.  And I don't think you will ever forget Daisy when you adopt another dog.  She will always have a place in your heart. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share my story since I relate so much to how you feel.
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #27 
Thank you so much for your insight and sharing your experience. It helps to know that others have been through this have come out on the other side happy. With Daisy, the adoption was so easy, but this time, it is very difficult and there is a lot of competition to adopt with rescues in this part of the country. So many inquires are left answered leaving you in a constant state of waiting and hoping. We attend the adoption event in 2 days and we are pre-approved. I am so nervous, hopeful, terrified and excited. There are two little girls we are looking at and i really want it to work out this time.

Reply with quote  #28 
What is meant for you no one can take it away. It will happen when the time is right. I’m so excited for you. Good luck ❤️❤️

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

Sil

Reply with quote  #29 
Lrogers424,

MAlcindor is right, "What is meant for you, no one can take it away".  I truly believe that you will find a fur baby to love and receive love again. Keep us posted.  
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #30 
Thank you Sil and MAlcindor. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I wish it was Saturday already!!!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.