Forum

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 7     «   Prev   4   5   6   7
catiebee

Reply with quote  #91 
Hi Lori,

I hope things are going really well for you and your family and with Luna this spring.

Very heartfelt thanks to you for the lovely, thoughtful post you wrote on my thread not long after heavy grief swept in and capsized me one night. For sure, those sharper edges can show back up suddenly and dramatically on occasion! I am soooo sorry for what happened when you took Luna to the vet. The same room! That sounds just devastating and I'm sure I would have come undone in there. Luna's reaction is remarkable! Connected, indeed, whether to your tender feelings or sensing something of what had occurred, she definitely had something to say about it all! 

I smile every time I think of the way you've grown to love her. Wonderful!  I do understand, there are days when the rawness of loss returns and we don't always know why. 

I don't think there's any doubt that a new furry one can help. I'm delighted that Luna's made a difference for you.  When I lost my first at age 17 in 2006, I tried to get a pup four weeks later. Turned out to be a smidge early, but I ended up with Marissa maybe nine weeks out from Misha's passing. The timing was excellent. I would have liked to have had a pup way before now, but there have been obstacles. Hopefully, I can before long. 😉

I imagine you and Luna have established some joy-filled patterns within your lives by now. I hope her presence continues to bring much light and laughter into your home. Hugs to you!

JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #92 
Lori,

Thank you for your sweet thoughtful words on Teddy’s thread on his 1 year and thank you for always checking on me. It means a whole lot and I dearly appreciate your friendship, comfort and support. You’re so caring and sweet.
I’m catching up on everyone’s threads and on your thread I saw the photos you posted of Luna back in February and oh my heart Luna is so precious, adorable, just so cute! I love her sweet face and how her cute little tongue sticks out. She melts my heart.
I hope you’re doing okay, I know Daisy’s 1 year is coming up in a couple months. Know I think of you and Daisy. Wishing you comfort and know she is always always with you. 💕
Sending you warm hugs and comfort ❤️

💕 Teddy & Jenny

Sil

Reply with quote  #93 
Lori,

Have been mostly reading and not posting much.  How is precious Luna doing? - one thing I'm sure of, Luna "pawed" her way into your heart.  But, I also know that,
every time we see their sweet faces, we "find" ourselves seeing our beloved "Angel" ones.  Luna with all her puppy antics, her trusting heart, her eagerness to please her new human mom is helping you and along the way, making new memories.  I truly believe that Daisy has been guiding you and that somehow, someway, they know that we need a fur kid in our lives.... so, they wait just for the "new" fur kid to come along and just "send" her/him into our hearts.  Our hearts our big enough to love more than one.  Big enough for "loss" and "love" to co-exist.  And, Love wins every time!!!!  I am also so grateful for your comforting words.  Many, many hugs.
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #94 
Hi Sil, Catie and Jenny,

Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and support. My journey through the loss of my sweet Daisy and welcoming Luna into my heart has been eased by your thoughtful posts, understanding and advice.

I am on edge as I near my 1 year in July; some days are rough, but having Luna in my life has helped to stabilize those difficult times. She is such a smart, sweet and spunky little 9 month old who keeps us laughing. She is completely devoted to me and I to her and definitely a mama's girl. We have completed another obedience class together and she is doing so well at it! I've attached a recent photo for you all to see how she has grown though still with her adorable little pink tongue out😊

Not a day goes by when I don't think of Daisy and her sweet nature, her gentle manner and her calming presence. I am not sure that the longing for her will ever fully pass. But I try to honor her legacy and memory each day. I still feel her presence and there are moments when Luna will just stop and still as if sensing some kind of change in the air. I wonder if it is Daisy whose presence will be forever with us. I hope it is and she us guiding us through this journey.

My best to you all....keep me posted on your journey too!

Attached Images
jpeg 20190523_085323.jpg (182.67 KB, 2 views)

Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #95 
Dear Daisy,

It has been 1 year since I began to fear that we would lose you.  I had no idea just 3 days later I would be whispering goodbye into your soft gray ears. I as I held you in my arms while you passed away, I wanted you to remember all the sweet days and adventures we had together.  I also hope you knew how deeply you were and still are loved.  You came into our lives as a starving stray from the shelter; that fact never ceased to amaze us that anyone would have given you up.  Though we had a bit of a rough start, you quickly blossomed into such a gentle, self possessed and graceful soul.  You were my faithful companion and dear, sweet friend for nine years.  You helped the kids grow up, went for endless walks, hikes and car rides, loved curling up on Dad's lap (he still desperately misses you too) and always were up for any adventure.  It was only after your death that I realized you were also my emotional balance and finding my footing again has been hard.  I do not know what your first 2-3 years were like, but I hope you found peace within our home and so much love.

Not a day goes by that I do not think of you and miss you deeply, but I try to focus on all the good days we had together.  Still, though that day was my most heartbreaking, I am glad I was there in the end for you.  I promised I would care for you all your days, even at the very end of your life.  I was not there at your beginning and could never take away the hardships you must have endured, but I was there at the end, loving you.  I will love you until my end as well. 

I Love you always my sweet girl!
Daisy sized.jpg 

Reply with quote  #96 
Lori, Daisy's Mom and Luna's Mom,

I know exactly how you feel.  Luna is helping your heart, filling your life with new memories and laughs.  And, then giving you the special unconditional love that her sweet heart contains.  Daisy will forever be part of your life.  The bond and love that you have for her are endless.  And, you are right, the missing/longing do not go away.... it stays along with the love that we feel for our departed fur babies.  Your both babies are beautiful.  Many, many hugs.
catiebee

Reply with quote  #97 
Hi Lori, 

I was very touched to hear from you on my thread today. You were so generous with your time and in sharing as you did and I deeply appreciate you for writing me such a wonderful post. 

I wonder whether people tell you this often: You have a wonderful way with words. 

I wish I'd known about the year's anniversary for your loss of Daisy. That's such a hard-hitting mile marker and can bring so many difficult thoughts and feelings to the surface. I'm sorry you experienced so much anxiety, leading up to the day. I imagine handling her things and taking time to recall the sweet and special times together was precious but painful. Reading about your last walk and needing to pray that Daisy could pee grips my heart. What love, to try to give her a bit more pleasure outside even on that day. And it really is something, that you purchased the very same leash again for Miss Luna. 

Maybe one of the things we enjoy so much about fur babies is the simple pleasures. Eating is exciting and yummy. Sleeping is for fully relaxing and stretching and twisting in delightfully comfortable ways. Walking means exploring the world with excitement over tiny scents and pawing to ask, "What's that?" and grabbing something new by mouth to experience it. Their exuberance! The shine on life never wears off for them and for that we smile.

I did remember in part and I refreshed my memory, re-reading your posts tonight, about the early adoption efforts and struggles, as well as the competing emotions you experienced along the road to getting Luna. I'm so thankful the private adoption opened up and that the outcome was your sweet girl! I'm still pretty amazed that Luna took to your grooming her right away. It's lovely that there was no push-back from her over that. 

I'm so sorry to hear she was recently ill. That sounds frightening! I think I would have felt beside myself, witnessing the symptoms you described. I'm very thankful it was a common and treatable illness but that had to have given you a jolt, emotionally. And I don't blame you a bit for "helicoptering" at the dog park! I think you're a wise, compassionate Mama Bear for her, especially since she doesn't realize she's a small dog, lol.

I love that you've fallen head over heels for Luna and that she feels the same about you. It always makes me smile to know how much she has added to your life and that she's transformed it with her fluffy little self. I love that she's made it possible for you to return to quilting, by her presence and companionship in your sewing room. I realize she's been a ton of work, but baby dogs are the cutest, most endearing creatures ever. (Oh, I'm sure there were exasperating moments sprinkled here and there.)

Did you and she finish up the therapy dog training, or how long does that last? 

Thank you again for your encouragement about another pet. 😉  

Sending many warm wishes for you all to have a good summer, along with much appreciation...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.