laarnie1231 Show full post »
laarnie1231
lucysdad wrote:
I know the feeling exactly. My Lucy left me Sunday, and I'm completely lost. There are no words to describe my pain right now. I'm adopting another miniature schnauzer Saturday, and I feel guilt. Lucy was jealous of me petting other dogs. This new baby will never replace her, but I need something there to "buffer" my grieving. I mean, that's NOT the only reason I'm adopting this precious baby! I want to give her a home and I instantly fell in love with her. 

Lucy's dad

I'm so sorry about your loss. There's nothing wrong in adopting a new dog right after a loss. It helped me-twice. Don't feel guilty. One of the most effective way to grieve is to continue the love that Lucy had taught you. Please show us the pics of your new baby!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart."

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BOBOY001/Resident.htm#PhotoAlbum
Quote 0 0
Sil
laarnie1231,

Just wondering if ….You were you able to adopt Kip?   Hugs
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I was grief stricken when my 15 year old dachshund died in March.  In August I will be getting an eight week old dachshund puppy.  It is a different color and coat type from my beloved Brandon, but I am hoping it will have a lot of the same dachsie traits I had come to love.  Sorrow is part of life, but so is joy.  If you can find happiness with this new dog, I think you should go for it.  And please let us know how you are doing.  -Dachsiemom
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
laarnie1231
Sil wrote:
laarnie1231,

Just wondering if ….You were you able to adopt Kip?   Hugs

Sadly, no. We met him last week and we had to bring our two dogs. Kip didn’t like my mix German Shepherd. We tried for almost an hour to warm them up but Kip wouldn’t budge 🙁

I’ll keep trying. Thanks for asking.
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart."

Quote 0 0
laarnie1231
dachsiemom wrote:
I was grief stricken when my 15 year old dachshund died in March.  In August I will be getting an eight week old dachshund puppy.  It is a different color and coat type from my beloved Brandon, but I am hoping it will have a lot of the same dachsie traits I had come to love.  Sorrow is part of life, but so is joy.  If you can find happiness with this new dog, I think you should go for it.  And please let us know how you are doing.  -Dachsiemom

I’m sorry about your loss. I’m happy for you with your new baby! I know they have different personalities but at least it’ll be another dachshund. I wasn’t able to adopt Kip as he didn’t get along with my bigger dog. I’m still gonna keep looking.

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Sorry Kip was not for you. That means there's an even more special baby waiting to find you. Good luck to you. 
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I'm sorry this didn't work out for you but I think you are on the right track.  Good luck!
Quote 0 0
Sil
laarnie1231,

I'm sorry, Kip could not be a part of your family.  There's always a next time.....soon, you will find the special fur baby.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
lucysdad
I adopted another miniature schnauzer over the weekend. Her name is Abby, and she's a beauty. Isn't it strange, that some of us get hooked on one certain breed of dogs. I wouldn't know how to act owning a dog that wasn't a mini schnauzer, lol. 

Abby isn't Lucy, but I love her just the same. So far, she seems to be doing well. I'm hoping she lives a long, healthy and vibrant life. My Lucy was taken by cancer, and it came on pretty fast (within a few months). I can't say I'm not a bit scared and paranoid of Abby suddenly getting sick.

I'll post pics soon enough. 
Lucy's dad 
Quote 1 0
JennyTeddy
lucysdad wrote:
I adopted another miniature schnauzer over the weekend. Her name is Abby, and she's a beauty. Isn't it strange, that some of us get hooked on one certain breed of dogs. I wouldn't know how to act owning a dog that wasn't a mini schnauzer, lol. 

Abby isn't Lucy, but I love her just the same. So far, she seems to be doing well. I'm hoping she lives a long, healthy and vibrant life. My Lucy was taken by cancer, and it came on pretty fast (within a few months). I can't say I'm not a bit scared and paranoid of Abby suddenly getting sick.

Lucy’s Dad (Lucy’s & Abby’s Dad💜❤️)
I’m so happy for you. Abby is a darling name just as Lucy’s name. I pray that Abby is protected against illnesses and anything bad, I pray Lucy protects Abby and is her “guardian angel” just as she is to you. I believe Lucy is smiling and happy her Dad opened his heart up to love another baby. I pray and wish for the best for you & Abby for a long healthy happy vibrant safe life full of so many amazing memories to be made 💛 I’m happy for you both and I know Lucy is too. Can’t wait to see photos of your Abby. 💕
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
laarnie1231
lucysdad wrote:

Congratulations on your new fur baby! I'm not surprised about wanting to have another one that looks the same as our angel babies, hence my OP. Lol. Just don't worry too much about Abby's health. I'm pretty sure you'll take care of her as you did with Lucy. 

Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
So happy to hear about your new schnauzer pup- may she bring you much joy!  After a traumatic loss it is difficult not to worry about the new baby, but we must try to live in the present and appreciate the good times.   I will be getting my new dachshund boy in two weeks- can hardly wait to begin my next "dog life."  -Dachsiemom
Quote 0 0
littleguy
lucysdad 

your heart will lead you to the right time and place to get another furbaby and as far as looking like your lucy it wont matter as lucy will lead you to were your need to be , as far as me my littleguy a black newfoundland passed 23 months ago and I do have other fur babies as I have his older brother and and two rescue boxer mixes so im  blessed but when littleguy passed something was missing and after about seven months I started looking and actually backed out a couple of times before things were completed so another family could get these beautiful babies  as I realized I wasn't ready and then one day completed unexpected a petfinder message came on my phone and there she was a nine month  old black newfoundland that was just a smaller version of my littleguy and she  had been horribly abused and I just knew littleguy sent her to me as I don't think I would have ever looked for a girl .well here it is almost a year later and I cant tell you how much shes like my boy and im so greatful to him for her .

littleguys mom 
pamela meadows
Quote 1 0