FrecklesMom Show full post »
GrievingHannah
FrecklesMom wrote:
Lee ~ As requested. :)
JackSmileCute.jpg 

Wow...Jack really looks like he's got a lot of wire-haired dachshund in him.  Really cute.

Lee
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
whymeow
FrecklesMom- He's giving you that look ha ha ...someone's in love...so maybe its something about the owner :)
Whymeow
Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
Thank you Lee and Whymeow. He is pretty special. He is very funny and quite a character. :)
FrecklesMom

I will Love you forever sweet boy.
Quote 0 0
danzey
FrecklesMom..................."Lets go Mom, you follow me".  Love and picture, and he's smiling!!!!!!................danzey
Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
Perfect Danzey! :)

FrecklesMom

Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
FrecklesMom wrote:
Thank you Lee and Whymeow. He is pretty special. He is very funny and quite a character. :)

You're welcome...he looks so happy to be with you.  Doesn't that give you a warm, good feeling, Jayme?  You saved Jack and gave him a good home. I wish there were more people in the world like you.

Lee (Hannah's dad)
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
I think he is happy! My daughter went to my house today to check on him while I was at work (she's only been around him a couple of times) and he barked at her! I was really surprised. But he soon warmed up to her. He is just young. Thanks for your kind words Lee. It means a lot. :)
FrecklesMom

Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
Jack really likes walks but gets a little scared when he hears another dog bark. LOL
jacksmilewalking.jpg 
FrecklesMom

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Freckles Mom,

Although I have been on this forum for a few weeks now after losing Bella 5 weeks ago, I hadn't seen your posts about adopting Jack.  He is absolutely adorable.
Reading your posts  tonight has helped me put some things into perspective. 

My husband and I have come across a rescue dog - a 10 month old Springer spaniel cross breed (not sure what cross though - assured it is a medium sized dog).  She is just beautiful, but I am so unsure of what to do.  Some moments I am excited at the prospect of another dog, not to replace Bella (we never could), but to bring back the joy and love that Bella taught us about and only a dog can do it for us. 
Then, I feel guilty that Bella might think I am "moving on", when nothing could be further from the truth. I would never want her to think that. I don't want her to feel betrayed.  Are these normal thoughts?  

I also worry that I won't be able to love another dog because sometimes I feel that my heart belongs to Bella and Bella alone.  My husband assures me that while I may not love a new dog in the same way I loved Bella, the new dog will squirm it's way into my heart and find it's own spot of love and that no matter how many dogs we got, I would always cherish Bella and our memories of her.  Of course I know he is right, but it is just such a confusing time for me. 

After reading your post it gave me hope that I can do it.  I will have to think some more and look at her photos and decide whether we should make an enquiry or not. 
Thank you.  It seems that we are all going through the same things.  It is nice to be able to get the opinions of others.
Karen
(Bella's lucky mum)
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
Karen,

I am so sorry I just found this post. While it is true I will probably never feel the same way I do about Freckles  I have grown to love Jack for Jack. He is a little mess! Crazy as heck but really sweet. I hope you can find it in your heart to love again. My advice to you would be to make sure you are ready. As you can see from some of my earlier posts in this thread I might have jumped the gun. I am happy now though.

Take your time. Bella would want you to be happy. :)

(((HUGS)))
JackSmiles.jpg   
FrecklesMom

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Freckles mom,
Just had to let you know that we did end up going to the RSPCA and rescuing the dog I was referring to in my earlier post.
We have had her for nearly 3 weeks now and I am so glad that we did it.  While she is certainly not Bella - no other dog could be Bella in my heart, Charli is lovely.  She is affectionate and sweet and funny and she has brought back so much joy to my whole family.  There have been a few little issues - a couple of chewed shoes and some grass dug up in our yard, a couple of toileting accidents, but that is nothing really.  So far, the joy has far outweigh the annoyances.
I will always miss Bella dearly.  Having Charli has not changed that and I wouldn't want it to.  I want to miss Bella - she deserves to be missed every day, but Charli has helped our healing.
thanks for listening.
Take care.
Karen
(Bella and Charli's lucky mum)
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
I am so happy for you. It is a challenge at times but your heart will grow to love your new baby more than you can imagine. Jack has won me over. :) I will always miss and love my sweet Freckles. There is no comparing the two.

(((HUGS)))
FrecklesMom

Quote 0 0
chrismirman
You may be interested in this article about using positive reinforcement in your training efforts.  I hope it may be of some help!  

Chris
Quote 0 0