kristenharlow
my baby Barney died a week ago friday. his leash was hit by a car because i was not paying attention. i'm doing a pretty good job of not blaming myself, but i can't remove the facts. had i been paying attention...
he died in my arms at 7:30pm. i had no idea it was coming on that day, in that hour. the loss of him is huge. huge. he was there for me during the most turbulent time in my life, he was my rock. my baby. my sweet. good news is i'm starting to get angry. we've all gotta get angry in order to move through this fully. and breathe. we've all got to breathe with it. love you all. so sorry for your loss.
http://www.musingsonpain.com
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Kristen,

I am so so sorry for your recent loss due to an tragic, unfortunate and heartbreaking accident. If you read through some of this forum, you will see just how often it happens. You can easily tell from your heartfelt and tender words just how much you loved, cherished and adored your beloved "Barney." Accidents like yours can happen anyplace, at any time, in a variety of ways. It is so disconcerting and often seems unavoidable.

I am always amazed here on the Rainbow Bridge forum reading various members stories and memories relating to how their dog(s) and cat(s) (or other animals) were so important in their personal lives, in regard to helping them through turbulent times. Including but not limited to depression, divorce, health problems, the passing away of loved ones, job pressures, family conflicts, drug and alcohol addiction etc. What a testament to these little enchanting creatures that they can have such an important place in our hearts, mind & lives. And that we can experience such unconditional, innocent, pure love without judgement. And such loyalty and devotion from other species.

Like your pup Barney, my cat Marmalade was my rock. He saved my life many times. I am glad that your Barney crossed paths when he did with you. You obviously truly loved him and he must have known that all the days of his life.

My kindest regards and sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
kristenharlow
James, thank you so, so much. It helps to hear your kind words. My God I miss him. He was 11. 
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Kristen:

I am so sorry about the loss of your Barney. You were a good pet parent. As they say, things just happen for lots of reasons. I hope that you will find some peace in this Forum. We are all going through the same thing. Everyone misses their special companions. I have not been the same person since my little girl left me (7) weeks ago. It's incredibly tough. You are in the right place. This is a great Forum. 

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
kristenharlow
Thanks Jim. The thing I find most surprising is the way shock cushions the blow. I've been through a lot of shock in my life, but this is something else. It just won't let me fully make the connection. Tomorrow it will have been 2 weeks, and while I'm in a constant state of grief, the reality of it hasn't quite hit yet. It's starting to, slowly, but the images and pictures of what I've lost haven't quite cemented yet with my heart. There are small things: remembering how he would lift his little paw so his belly could be rubbed. How he would look so certain of his place in my heart. Finding pieces of his food that he'd hide for the reason that only he knew. Seeing his curly little tail.
God, I miss him.
Quote 0 0