scribblesmommy
My world stopped on 12/8/17, that's the day everything I ever wanted and loved was ripped from my heart and soul. My sister had just moved to a new house that set on the corner of a main street with 5 lanes... 2 lanes on the north side - media - 2 lanes on the south side. I had been going over there to help her get settled in. Sitting at the kitchen table I had my sweet baby sitting on my lap, she was sleeping and feeling safe and sound, I needed to use the bathroom so I picked my baby girl up and set her on the floor and went to the bath rm. Gone less then 5min. I came out and didn't see my baby anywhere and felt it clear as could be something wasn't right (mothers instinct) so I ran directly out the front door... there was my baby across the 5 lane street, it was a miracle that she made it across the street without being struck by a car. I knew if she spotted me she would come running across the street again to be with me, so I nonchalantly try to cross the busy street without her being aware of my presence. Suddenly my precious baby looked up and seen her mommy... she was so excited to see me her little tail was spinning out of control and she jetted across the street, by the time she was in the 3rd lane she was still safe, I, on the other hand, had made it to the first lane of the south side of the street we were just within reach of each when suddenly my little baby was struck by a truck. I picked my fragile baby up and ran to the sidewalk, dropped to my knees and beg God please let my baby live. With no time to waist, we went directly to the vet. By the time we arrived it was too late. The pain and grief and the guilt I'm feeling are like no other I have ever felt in my life. Even worst then when I lost my parents. Sometimes I feel like I can't go on. And every day I wish that I went with her. Every night I go to sleep that tragic day comes out to haunt me in my dreams. I'm not doing well at all. I love my little baby girl more then life its self. Yet I know I must try to save myself from this tragedy because my fiance Richard was just as close to our baby girl as I am and I need to acknowledge his pain too. We also have 7 other fur babies that need us. So after finding this forum and reading the lose of other peoples fur babies and then reading about how they found some comfort in there loss by writing about what they had been through and sharing it with other people in this forum who are experiencing the same pain makes you realize your not alone we can all relate to the guilt, pain and hurt that or little ones have left us with. This is why I need to share my story because my little girl had given more beautiful moment in my life then I could ever imagine and these are the memories I need to keep alive, Not the tragic day I lost her that keeps playing over and over in my mind when Im awake and even when I sleep. So let me tell you about my very unique little precious angel in hopes that sharing her story might help me began the healing process so I can be more sensitive to my fiancee Richards needs who is hurting just as bad and the 7 little fur babies siblings who need and love me and Richard as well. You can read about my little Scribbles in the story section. Thank you for letting me share

Quote 0 0
CKMP
Scribbles Mom,

No words can ease the pain and the ache...it is understood by each person here....Grief is overwhelming - as our special fur ones transcend description of the bond, of the love they give and of the filling of those corners of our souls that only they can reach...You are not alone...This does not end the suffering, the guilt or the despair...I know - however you do not need to travel this road alone...Your very special girl is bonded with you for always...Those last moments have the ability to push aside and bury those daily moments of happiness and security you shared with Scribbles...and guilt can rob us of our gratefulness and become our too constant friend...Do not let it....
Scirbbles' siblings will know she is near - and will see her, feel her and hear her - know she is with you still.  She resides forever within your heart and soul - and will not let anything weaken that bond...
I am so so sorry - this is a journey that is long, and difficult - Let others on this forum help you - so many people are so kind, so understanding...Scribbles' life and story is now shared and she will continue to matter, to be remembered.  Take care on these so difficult days.
Quote 0 0
scribblesmommy
Thank you for your words of comfort... and your quick response. I find some comfort in knowing that people like yourself can identify my grief and have reached out to me too let me know you care, Thank you
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Oh m'gosh. I cried reading your story. I am so sorry that this happened to you and your baby girl. I know that the pain must be overwhelming.

I think many of us second guess and blame ourselves when we look back on the circumstances of losing a pet. Please try to go easy on yourself as you are in enough grief. Hindsight, "if only I had _____," -- none of that is going to bring your little angel back. I know it's hard to accept the fact that she continues to be an angel, but try to remember the joy she brought you. Sometimes those memories of good times bring us to tears as well. But, hopefully, the good memories will overtake the bad and you can be at peace that her little soul will always be with you.

I wish you peace at this very hard time in your life.
Quote 0 0
scribblesmommy
Thank you for understanding, sometimes I feel like people think Im making a big deal over nothing, But my love for my little girl and the pain of losing her has devastated me and has changed me in so many ways, thank you for your understanding and your words of comfort 
Quote 0 0