Wileykitten
My baby girl is home now. I picked up her ashes today. I dont know why Im even writing this, perhaps because I am sitting in my quiet house trying to compose myself. I dont know how my brain was thinking all day when my friend at the vet told me Abbey was there. I cried, knowing it was her ashes but I was rushing to get there to pick up my baby girl. The reality of it all as they opened a drawer and took out the beautiful tin and handed it to me, expressing condolences. I stood there crying so hard, like the last day I was there with her. I don't know if a part of my brain was thinking I was picking her up like a cat who was there all day but to see my beautiful girl now ashes contained in a tiny urn..
My heart is so broken. I couldn't even drive so I sat in the parking lot of the vet, inconsolable. When I did finally get home I walked in and sat on the stair crying.. my other cats have been right by my side, they are such a comfort but I continue to cry.
Its so final.. I look at her beautiful face in the picture I have out and cant believe shes gone.
I held her urn close like I would hold her and sang her song to her... then made a place for her in the memorial shelf with Wiley, Sevyn, and Sammy.. all my mice, my gerbil, and my hamster (yes I had all of them cremated too)..

"...or even be glad just to be sad thinking of you.. "

I love you, my Booster Meow.. mommy's baby girl
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I'm so so sorry knowing your pain. Bringing them home is bittersweet. Take care of yourself tonight. Big hugs ❤️
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you. It is bittersweet ..
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Know how it is. I'm so sorry and my big hug to you too. Looks like a lot of us walking same road. It took me a while to be able to drive back safely as was crying too.
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you.. its like reliving that last day all over again. Im so sorry so many people are on this same journey.
Quote 0 0
foreverbabysmomma
So sorry for your pain. I am dreading the phone call to pick up my Baby’s memorial from the vet. It’s been such a rough few days without her, and I can’t see it being any easier to walk back in there knowing it was the last place I saw, held, and talked to her.
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you. I am so sorry you are going thru this pain and loss, too. It is good to have them home but yes, very hard like ripping the stitches out too soon on a deep cut. Im glad my Abbey girl is here though. We were apart 11 days from the day I let her go to getting her ashes back. (The Crematorium picks up only on Tuesdays at my vet) so it was the longestwe had ever been apart and now she is here.. my mindis trying to adjust to her not actually being "here" like she was and I cry so hard all the time.
I will add you to my prayers..
I am so grateful for this site.. the only people who understand and care the most are those I have never met but are always there for me, even in their own despair.
God bless you and your Baby
Quote 0 0