cbdrifters
Samson.jpg  It has been a week ago today that I loss my Samson.  Reading the messages on this site has helped me, and I know I am not alone in the way that I feel.  I can't believe it has been a week since my Samson went to be with our Heavenly master.  I still think about him all the time and miss him so very much, and I still want him back.  I am still sad and lost but it is getting somewhat better.  Samson's 2 sisters (Mya and Annie) are helping me cope with him not being here anymore, but I can tell Mya is still looking for her buddy so I worry about her.  I found some poems and put Samson picture on them and printed them out and that seemed to help some.  One of the poems I found is titled Treasured Friend and it is a great poem.  The last part of the poem says "When it is time for me to go, And join him there, this much I know, I shall not fear the transient dark, For he will greet me with a bark.  That gives me comfort in knowing that one day I will see my Samson again.  I love and miss him so.
Donna Harbaugh
Quote 0 0
dlehner
It's been one week since my angle Caligirl went to heaven as well. Sampson is an angle too. We're grieving together and getting through one minute at a time. My heart goes out to you and like you said " your not alone"
Quote 0 0
AliceM
cbdrifters, Samson is such a handsome boy.  I know his loss is devastating.  I lost my Cali a little over 6 weeks ago and the days have gotten better.  There are still rough patches here and there, but for the most part, the emotions have settled down. My two other dogs acted strangely for a few weeks after we lost Cali but I think things have smoothed out for them also.  I don't think you ever really get over the loss, but it just becomes a little easier to accept.  My thoughts are with you.
Quote 0 0
nancynancy
So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful doggie! I too, lost my best friend on 1/29/15, Zaki. For me, it has NOT gotten any easier, but perhaps it will for you as we are all different in that way. I certainly hope so. I do believe that "Death ends a life, not a relationship", that is yours to keep with Samson forever.
Quote 0 0
tuxtails
What a sweet face Samson has, I am so sorry you are going through this. I am glad that you have Mya and Annie, you all can comfort each other and know that Samson loves you all. We are here for you.  
Toni 
(Tux's Mom)
Quote 0 0
cbdrifters
Thank you all for your kind words.  This weekend I had a few hard times.  Working out in the back yard I missed having him come up to me and wanting me to play or just getting in my way.  I found myself looking to the sky and asking why.  I sometimes feel I have to push the feelings I have down so I don't drown in the sorrow of not having him around, seeing his face or hearing his bark.  I know that he is in heaven with his mother and that one day I will see him again.  I am hoping that as the days go by the pain will ease up and the heartbreak I feel soon fades.  Mya is starting to feel better also, but when she goes outside I notice she will go over to Samson's dog house smell around it and then lift her nose to the sky and start sniffing trying to find him.  I know that she too one day will see Samson again and they will be running the fields in heaven together.
Donna Harbaugh
Quote 0 0
Tammara
I am so sorry for your lost of Samson. What a beautiful Cali. Hopefully this will provide some comfort knowing that indeed Samson has been reunited with his mom. In addition, hopefully he met up with my boy King. King went over the bridge 1/23 boy it's almost 3 months. And since he transitioned everything went hay wire. I still miss him dearly. At least you have other furbabies to attend to. I only had King and miss him much especially today. May you find comfort and identification from all of us. You are not alone.
Quote 0 0
cbdrifters
Tammara, this website has helped me greatly.  To know there are others out there that feel the same way I do.  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I my Samson went to heaven and the pain is still there and so is the heartbreak.  I do try and not think about it so much since the pain is unbearable at times.  And I still say to myself I want him back.  I take comfort in the words I read on this website and I know the heartbreak and loss that everyone is going thru.  It makes you know you are not alone and that comforts me.  But I still have issues when I get home from work and he isn't there to greet me.  But I know that one day the loss and pain I feel will ease up.  But I will never forget him or miss having him with me everyday.  Missing his companionship and unconditional love.
Donna Harbaugh
Quote 0 0