peachesdad
As some of you know I lost the love of my life, Peaches, on January 16. I have had a hard time accepting the fact that she is gone. I have her ashes and talk to her everyday.

A month or so ago a friend of mine told me about a little two year old chihuahua that was about to go to the animal shelter because her owners were moving and really did not want her because they had two other dogs. Without hesitation I said I'd take her and give her a forever home.

She was very shy and apparently never carried very much. When I would pick her up she would freeze. She has really opened up now and has so much love to give.

Last Sunday I was rubbing her head, which she loves, when I noticed a single white hair. It wasn't there when I got her. Peaches had the same white hair in the exact same place. Peaches also had a single white hair on her back. When I looked there it was. The two white hairs that my Peaches had were now on Clarabells head and back. Now, if this is not a sign that Peaches approves of me rescuing Clarabelle I don"t know what is.

Clarabelle can never replace Peaches but she will have a love filled home for the rest of her life.

Thank you Peaches. You will forever be daddy's little girl and I'll love you forever. We'll be together again one day. 
tim
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Aww thats so nice what a great sign , what's the chances of that .
I think it's lovely you took another dog in need into your home and heart , no she will never replace your girl Peaches ever but to love again is wonderful
I'm sure Peaches is smiling down on you Xx
Quote 0 0
camunki
what a great sign from your Peaches!!! and i love the name Clarabelle and it looks like you saved this girl and are giving her a loving and happy home, and yes Peaches is cheering you on from the heavenly skies, never to be replaced, just expanding your heart to give more love to the precious Clarabelle.

In 2017 I fostered a chihuahua/dachshund mix named Chuck, who looks just like your profile pic, and i ended up adopting him, I went thru 3 losses in 22 months and, rescuing/adopting just expanded my heart, never to replace my Daizy, Munki or Jemma.

Thanks for the great post!

Cam

Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
There is no doubt whatsoever that
Clarabelle is a sign from Peaches
for you to also love and to help
heal your broken heart.

Wishing you and Clarabelle the
very best!
Quote 0 0
Sooz
Thank you so much for sharing this! You're continuing to honor Peaches by giving Clarabelle a forever home!
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
The day before I lost Timber he briefly came out of his litterbox to sit in front of radio. A song came on about Jesus and he was really intently listening with a sweet look on his face. It was a special moment for us. Then he went back to lay down. Will never forget it as long as I live. Though right now don't feel alive.
The day after I brought his ashes home the opera Romeo and Juliet came on the radio. I almost called him Romeo as was so very sweet and loving. Miss my lap baby. May you be with all the others I've lost.
All the stories here are so loving and though I cry does help to know I'm not alone. I'm staying with in-laws with cold hearts. So I come here.
Quote 0 0