Zoeylove
I just want to reflect on us for a moment.  We all have different situations and circumstances around our losses, but one thing is probably quite the same.  We all decided in one moment at the beginning to make a silent contract to love and protect these babies as best we could and whether we were aware or not of this - we did this knowing that we did not know how long this would be.  It takes a strong heart to agree to this journey. That same strong heart carried them through.  That same strong heart is going to get us through and help us love again.  
Quote 0 0
Missinjack
Your thoughts are so true.... I agree that when you get a pet there is a level of commitment that is comparable to parenting.
You have no idea how long the relationship will last. 
For these reasons, and how I feel right now I do not believe that I could ever get another dog.... I think my Jack would
think I was trying to replace him.....I feel awful......
I miss you Jack....
I miss you more than you can ever know
Quote 0 0
Zoeylove
I totally understand. I feel the same way right now.
I feel like love is one of life's miracles. Your love for Jack was a miracle. Expect to experience miracles again. I'm so sorry, I know there really aren't the best words to console you. Just know that we are all here for you and it will get better. You will heal.
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
Very true words....
Quote 0 0
Ell99
thank you - a lovely post and so true. life time committment to our little loved one. i always told ny kitty- i will always look after you.
Quote 0 0