Lucky1996
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and have been reading through this forum all week. This past Thursday, my 16 year old chihuahua, Lucky, died from kidney failure. He was diagnosed on Monday, but his body began to deteriorate quickly. Before this he developed a heart murmur in 2014, and we were told he would die within the year. Boy, did he sure have endurance! He continued for about four more years and for that, I am eternally grateful for all the time I have gotten to spend with my pup. 

I will be graduating college in May and was praying he would make it to my college graduation. Sometimes... things do not work out the way you want them to. I did the math and Lucky has been in my life for 76% of it. 3/4ths of my life have been accompanied by the best dog ever, who has made an impression on anyone else who was welcomed in my home throughout my childhood. Even if he didn't make it to my graduation, I am so grateful for being blessed with such a companion through some of the most challenging years of life: growing up. 

My headline is "a positive message" because I have noticed many of these posts discuss the heartache and grief from losing a pet. I know my story is much different from many of ya'lls... and I know I am still very much so grieving my pet. But the past couple days have reminded me how lucky I was to have, well, Lucky! And I am certain many of you feel blessed to have had the time that you all had with your pets as well. I just wanted to remind those of us still grieving our pets how awesome it was to have had the friendships we've had with our little ones, and that while we are all still feeling the same pain and loss, that we should strive to remember the awesome lessons, memories, and times we have had with them as well.

Below is a photo of me with Lucky as a child, then him when he was healthy, to some of his last days. Lucky, I'll miss you always!
  FullSizeRender.jpg  rsz_a39f2141-a63b-497f-bead-f3eed59b264a (1).jpg 
rsz_img_5266.jpg 
-Megan
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Megan, your post was such a beautiful tribute to Lucky, so uplifting and comforting. Lucky, well, he was lucky to be with you for such a long time, and you were lucky to have him in your life. The lessons they can teach us, so easily, are so precious. I'm partial to Chihuahuas, as you can see from my little profile picture. What a wonderful journey the two of you had, throughout your young life, what a blessing. Thank you for sharing the pictures, they are beautiful. Blessings to you.
Charlie
Quote 1 0
Purzel
Megan,

Thank you so much for your beautiful thread. I am very sorry for your loss and at the same time feel comforted by your tribute to him. The pictures you shared speak of a wonderful life you were able to live through with your Lucky. Growing up, yes, indeed a challenging time. I am quite sure that you will graduate in May with Lucky's spirit in your heart.
Thank you again for sharing your beautiful thoughts - you just helped me to see things in a different light
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 1 0