BorderCollieLover
Here's a picture of my 1st Border Collie - Puma. She's about (11) years old in this photo. This was taken at the Delaware Water Gap in NJ. Puma was a swimmer. She liked to swim at local lakes, ponds, swimming pools, etc. If there was water - she was interested. Puma was the love of my life for many years. Puma came to our family by way of Pulfer's Border Collies in Ohio. She lived to be (15). Even though she's been gone for a while now, not a day goes by that I don't think about her.  She's with Shelby and Molly at Abbey Glen Pet Memorial Park in Lafayette, NJ. I'm going up to visit my (3) little girls on November 16th. I miss them all tremendously. 

Jim

Pi and Me at the Delaware Water Gap.jpg 

Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Mybeautifulboy
Jim, we lost our Border Collie Macy three years ago. Our best guess was that she was over seventeen. We rescued her from a school Ag program. The Ag teacher had no experience with dogs and brought her in to run the goats so that they would build up muscle mass. He had no idea that they are herding dogs. My husband was horrified to find her one summer being kept in a tiny cage with only horse feed to eat. He brought her home and she was the best dog. She never held a grudge from her past horrible experience. She was so loving and only wanted to please. I still think about her everyday. She is forever in our hearts.

Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Mybeautifulboy:

Your beautiful BC was given a new lease on life when you and your husband rescued her. I shudder to think of the consequences had you not intervened on her behalf. Yes, BC's are an amazing breed. So unique. They bond so well with their human counterparts and only want to please. Your family did a wonderful thing by bringing her into your loving home. Can you post a picture of her? I would love to see it. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0