bernadettelevis Show full post »
Mar
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and healing..you find comfort in all the memories you had wth your fur baby. I know it's hard, eventually we will get  there .. for me it been hard ..today is a month that my beautiful Pixie passed away  and it's been hard! I just let myself go and cry it out. I'm thinking about fostering needy fur babies  to help each other heal.. in Pixie's memory.  Take good care of yourself.🤗 🌈🐕🐈💔
Blessings 
Quote 2 0
claudia812
Bernadettelevis I am sending so much comfort your way. I’m so sorry for your loss. Just know that feeling guilty is part of the grieving process, I too had to make that hard decision a week and a half ago. I haven’t been the same since my boy is not with me. I have learned that by us letting them go, we gave them a better life and they will always be with us. Read the below, it kinda helped me i hope it helps you too - hugs

https://imaginespirit.com/where-do-pets-go-when-they-die/
Claudia Cruz
Quote 2 0
bernadettelevis
@kikis_mom_1118
omg I am staying with my parents right now because I can’t stand being in my apartment without him...
It just hurts so damn much..
Quote 0 0
bernadettelevis
@claudia812
Thanks it did help me a bit. The thought of him still being around in whatever form is comforting.
I am just hurting soo bad. I can’t sleep in my apartment because I don’t want to change anything there. I don’t want to wash his things...
Quote 1 0
claudia812
@bernadettelevis Take your time, you don’t need to change anything yet and that’s ok. It’s been two weeks for me and i haven’t washed anything my boy laid on because I don’t want his scent or hair gone. He also has a stuffed tiger he
carried around and slept with that i will forever keep. I must say, it does get better with time, I am not hurting anymore but I do still miss him every second of the day but that is something that will never go away. They will forever live in our hearts.
Claudia Cruz
Quote 2 0
Rocsnme22
My heart is truly breaking for you. I completely understand how your heart is broken and the emptiness is eating you up inside and you feel so lost. Like you are in a bad dream. And all you long for is your baby. Too hold them and touch them and to look in their eyes again. You question your decision I know, and that is the worst part. The what if I would waited or done something different.  I had to put my baby boy down because he had nasal cancer and he couldn't breathe anymore through his nose. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make but I truly didn't know how painful it would be after. We love them so much that we put them to rest because we don't want them to suffer anymore. We find the strength and I truly believe it is because we are so deeply connected that we know they are hurting and it's time. I remember crying so hard and hurting so bad but a part of me realized that my baby showed me what love really is. We love them so much that we had to put them to rest even though our hearts are breaking in two and we don't know how to go on without them. My baby boy Rocco was my soul doggie. So I can honestly tell you I understand your pain and so many wonderful people here do too. I don't think I would have made it without all the support here. I found comfort in the Monday night candle ceremonies and creating a grave site with pics and to visit when my heart is breaking and I miss him so much. Lean on all us right now and please now you are not alone. I am sending you the biggest hug and lots of love right now. I truly hope you feel it and feel some peace in your heart and soul. Your baby will always be beside you I promise. Again, I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I am crying with you as I write this. Your baby knows how much you loved him. He loves his momma just as much and will be forever in your heart.  I will ask my baby boy to give Levis some love and let him know his momma loves him so much! He was so lucky to have him as your momma!. HUGS! xoxoxo Rocs momma  
Laura
Quote 2 0
bernadettelevis
@Rocsnme22
Thank you so much ❤️ I was crying reading your comment. Yes the people here do help a lot. We all just get it...
I never thought the physical pain could be so tough...
Quote 0 0
LureeL
I know how you feel, I lost my precious Buster last month, and his death was unexpected which made it even harder. The "what ifs" go through your mind constantly, I took my baby to the vet, had him checked because he was acting sluggish over the weekend, but he was still eating and playing, and since he's a allergy dog and the pollen was getting bad I thought maybe that was it. They said he was slightly anemic and gave him a shot and some antibiotics. I couldn't afford x-rays because I'm on disability and didn't have the extra money for them. I ended up rushing him to the ER vet that night because of his breathing, he died there. Vet said his belly was full of blood because his spleen ruptured, he had a tumor on his spleen, she did a ultrasound. I lost my baby, my emotional support, my cuddle buddy, my life has also been upheaval. My pain has gotten worse, I can't get out of bed, all I do is cry. I wonder if I should have gotten the xray, would it have helped, everything runs through your mind. Told myself I could never get another Buster, he was so smart, and was always there for me, and yes, even when I went to the bathroom. My oldest son and older grandsons saw how bad I've been and decided to get me another cocker, he'll be here next week. I was shocked, it's a 5 month old chocolate cocker, so cute, and I really didn't want another dog but again, I've noticed my pain and such have been worse without my dog so we will see. No one can replace your baby, all your memories, your fondness, your love for your furbaby, but maybe adopting another that needs you will help with your broken heart. Take your time, it's hard, the death of my Buster was not expected, I was actually in shock for hours, I couldn't cry or anything until my son showed up the next morning and then I lost it. He helped me take my baby to my vet to have him cremated, he's now on my bookshelf with my past furnaces, 2 other dogs and 2 cats. He won't ever be replaced, ever, but in my case I can't go on everyday without a companion. I'll keep you in my prayers and wish you the very best. I hope you are able to find another furbaby to help you. ❤❤
Quote 2 0
bernadettelevis
@LureeL
Thanks and I am sorry for your loss too...
I am just not ready for another dog. I see a lot of Weimaraners who need homes but I can't right now. I couldn't stand if the new dog played in his bed or touched his toys...I don't know if I can open my heart to another dog again.. I hope so but for me it is too soon...
Quote 1 0
JulieF
I am sorry for your loss.  You will know when you are ready to open your heart again and it is clearly too early.  Having a constant reminder of them is hard, but it is also hard to get rid of those objects because it feel like we are losing them all over again.  It has been two weeks since my boy Patch and I still have his special litter box in his area and I have not been able to sticky-roll the furniture - particularly his two favorite chairs.  

Peace will come in time - in small bits, but it does come.  Today was two weeks for me and I did cry this morning with all the self-doubt and longing for him.  

Give yourself some time and also let yourself grieve.  Maybe when all of this is over you can volunteer with an organization that rescues Weimaraners in honor of your baby.  Hugs and bless you.
Quote 1 0
jonancy
I am so sorry for your loss.  Your post has me crying.  I remember feeling the same way and the pain you are feeling is so real.  This forum helped ne the most because people understand.  I actually had someone tell me they couldn't believe I was still sad after only two weeks of Scooter's death.  I'm so thankful I found this site.
Please don't be so hard on yourself, easier said than done,  we had to put down ours too, and I don't think any of us are ready to do that.  I was the same way you are and made myself sick, I actually was thinking of going for therapy I was so beyond sad.  You did what you had to do, you tried everything and your furbaby knows this and knows the love you have for him.  Cry when you have to, there is really nothing I can say to help.  There are no magic words to get you through this...just keep comng to this forum and know people understand and care about you.
Take care,
Jonancy... Scooter's mama
Quote 1 0
curt
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 13 year old Border Collie, Julie, to kidney failure last week.  I have not been able to function since that day. I feel like my heart has been ripped from my chest. I miss her so damn much and knowing I will never see her, touch her or take her for a ride in the car again is just killing me. I wish I had words to console you but losing a loved four legged friend is inconsolable. The only thing that helps is time.  They really do take a huge piece of our hearts with us when they leave.  Writing here on the forums about what you are feeling can be cathartic and help you deal with the loss. Cry as much as you want to, don't keep it in. Talk to people who have lost a dog as they are the only ones that understand what you are going thru.  I get up in the morning and have nothing to look forward to anymore.  I hope this sadness passes soon.
Quote 1 0