phalaris14
Well girlie it has been one week today. At times it feels like it just happened.... minutes later... like it was an eternity ago. I really miss you girlie-girl. Even though you were my constant companion for nearly ten years... it was not enough. I really miss our daily walks,sharing my food with you and looking over and watching you soundly sleep. You will never know how much joy you have brought me.
 At times the sadness is overwhelming. Yelling out your name seems to help. Knowing that I will never be able to hug and kiss you again saddens me further. At least twenty times a day I bury my face into your sheepskin blanket desperately soaking up that scent that only a farm basset can have. Yesterday I tried reliving one of our walks. For two hours I walked with your empty leash in my hand trying to recreate the magic that we had. Numbness is all I felt. Everywhere about me is a reminder of you. Your empty chair, the place on the hill where you would bark for hours, even feeding the cats ( or varmints as you would call them ) all reminds me of you.
  I really want to believe in the " RAINBOW BRIDGE. " If this idea is true... then Lady someday we will cross the bridge together
[image]
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Phalaris 14, your note to your lovely Lady is so familiar to me. We lost our Jim just 17 days ago, his basket is still next to our bed and I often hold his blanket trying to still get his familiar smell. At times it is unbearable, we went to do a bit of shopping this afternoon and just happened to walk past the dog treats aisle,  I took one look and had to go back to the car in tears. Sometimes I wonder if I  will ever feel `normal` again. Monday gone, we decided to go on one of his favourite walks - of course as Jim was 17 he hadn`t been on this particular walk for a good while. so we met a lot of dog walking friends who didn`t realise we`d lost him - tears again. I really believe that Rainbow Bridge exists and that one day Jim and Lady will be re-united with us, and we will once again have our beautiful dogs back again. We just have to take one day at a time for now - and remember all the happy times we had together. Big hugs, Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
bartlett
Your feelings mirror mine so much. Screaming out his name and knowing I'll never see him coming around the corner at meal time to wait for a treat. He (Chester) was always my sleeping buddy and now I have my two other dogs, not taking his place, just being there so I won't have such any empty spot. It's been almost a month and the intense pain has become more bearable, but I miss my Chester man SO MUCH. I hope one day to just be able to think about the good times, which were so many, without the pain that comes with it. Just don't know when that will be.
We're going to get better. Take care.
Chester's mom (Joan)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts. Thank you. I would like to add a quote from Joe Strummer... " It's a sad, beautiful world."

ps... I would love to add photos... but it keeps stating.... The specified file exceeds the maximum file size of 320KB. Any ideas?
[image]
Quote 0 0