Kirbysmom
Dear Kirby.....You have been gone for 2 weeks and 2 days and it doesn't get any easier. I miss you more and more every day. You were the best part of my every day and I hate coming home without you here. I wonder where you are and what you're doing. I feel guilty and wish I could have done more so that you would still be here with me. It was just awful seeing you in pain and I felt I was being selfish because I just wanted you here with me. I finally realized I had to be unselfish and let you go to a place where you would no longer be in pain and you could run and play and be back to your healthy happy self again. Now I'm the one in pain because I have such an emptiness in my heart and soul and nothing can fill that but you. You had such a big personality for such a tiny dog and such a sweet soul. I kiss your picture every day and talk to you and that does help, but of course not the same as you being here. I miss you more than you could ever know. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I really hope that someone will be kind enough to share a little turkey with you and all the other dogs at the rainbow bridge. If you were here I could never look at those brown eyes looking up at me begging for some people food. I would always sneak you some! I have been told that you were so lucky to have me because I spoiled you rotten, but I think I was the lucky one because you gave me 11 years of nothing but pure joy, love, loyalty, and companionship and you will always hold a special place in my heart. I look forward to our reunion one day and can't wait to kiss your sweet little nose! Love you always and forever....Mommy xoxo
Rhonda [image]
Quote 0 0
Sam
Dear Kirbys Mom,

I said farewell to my beloved 17-year old cat Camille yesterday.  She battled kidney disease for four years, and collapsed on Monday.  Reading your post gave me chills, as I feel many of the same things that you expressed (on down to the begging for food, Camille had some dog-like tendencies).  My pain is unbearable, and I have the sincerest empathy for your plight.  I hope Camille and Kirby have a lovely Thanksgiving wherever they may be...  They are dearly loved and missed.

Best wishes,

Sam
Quote 0 0
Kirbysmom
Sam....thank you so much for your nice comment. I am so sorry for your loss and I understand that this is one of the hardest things we ever have to go through. Some think of pets as "Just a Pet" but I know from my experience that Kirby was more like a human to me...he was like my baby and of course I even dressed him in clothes which he absolutely hated! I haven't even been able to open the drawer where I kept his clothes yet.....just keep hoping that more time will make it easier. I too hope that our babies will be enjoying Thanksgiving together tomorrow at the Rainbow Bridge. I have not been in the holiday spirit at all this year and would rather just not have to think about it at all, but I know Kirby wouldn't want that and I have to believe that we will see our babies again one day which keeps me going. Have a nice Thanksgiving and God Bless!
Rhonda [image]
Quote 0 0
Sam
I accidentally opened the drawer where I hid her favorite treats...  It didn't end well.   I thought I was just being weird, it feels better to know that I'm not alone.  : )

Quote 0 0
Kirbysmom
No you are not at all! I believe we all have our own timeline for grieving and when we are able to face certain things. It seems so simple to just open a drawer where their things are, but not until we are ready. I have plans to make a memory box and also a scrapbook for Kirby, but I don't think I could handle it quite this soon. I will wait until I'm ready and you will also know when you are ready. Just give it time and hopefully it will be much easier to think of the good times without so much crying and just the whole aching in your chest. Stay Strong and just take one day at a time! 
Rhonda [image]
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I'm so sorry for your loss Kirby's mom.  There are no words of comfort.  Write to your baby, sing, talk, cry...do whatever you can for comfort.  Has been 2 months today and I miss my baby more and more every day if possible. The acceptance is hard to come by.  Adorable picture of Kirby!  God bless you and hugs to you and Kirby

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Sam and Kirby's mom, I too am so sorry for your losses and greatly understand exactly how you feel. Today feels lonely, even though my family is visiting. They were our babies. Looking to us to always be there for them as they were for us. Benni was a southern boy and loved him some southern cooking. He knew thanksgiving was the day he would get samples from the kitchen as I listened to music and cooked and he happily sat and watched and waited for dinner time. My heart was full with him. I think of all the little details of him and what a beautiful soul. I'm sure he's pushing for some turkey and trimmings today. And, I know your babies are too. Today be thankful for the love we got to experience with them. And the life that they put into us when those lil paws walked into our lives. The hurt just means the bond was that much deeper. I wish the best for all of you. Love to yall.
Quote 0 0
Kirbysmom
Thank you both so much! Today was pretty hard since it was the first holiday without my little man. He would have loved the turkey! It just doesn't seem possible that he is no longer here, but I know I will see him again one day in heaven and what a day that will be! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Rhonda :-)
Rhonda [image]
Quote 0 0