Calif_Cat_Lady
Yesterday was the one month anniversary of little Mardi Gras' passing.  I still miss her terribly and grieve for her, and wish so much that she would somehow let me know she is someplace beautiful and peaceful. I was heartened by Pope Francis' statement that our animals have souls and we will see them again (and I'm not even Catholic). In the meantime, I remind myself that this little cat who had stopped eating and was crying in pain, would without a doubt have passed on by now, even if we had not opted for euthanasia.  A good friend comforted me by reminding me that we had not only fought her cancer with every resource possible, but had given her a "soft landing".  I mention this as a reminder to everyone that as difficult as it is to take the step of euthanasia, it is an act of mercy and love to our beautiful little companions. 
Love My Feline Friends
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I'm so sorry you have lost your little girl. You are absolutely correct, making that tough decision is about taking your commitment of love and protection all the way through the end for your baby. We won't know what happens to us or our babies until the end but some are lucky enough to receive signs from their loved ones. I believe that all pets go to Heaven because they have pure souls and aren't flawed in character like we are. They don't have anything to learn here, they were put here for us as companions, that's why they don't stay for very long. Keep your eyes out for a sign from Mardi Gras, they usually come when you least expect it. Wishing you peace.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Bless to your sweet Mardi Gras. I am a great believer that animals have souls and they are always with us, no matter how they passed. I agree that euthanasia is an act of mercy we humans have to give to those four-legged friends we love and adore. They cannot make the decision; it is up to us to make that choice and carry out one final act of love and devotion.

Yesterday, marked 12 weeks since my beautiful Solly went to Rainbow Bridge and I still grieve for him immensely. I have had a bad day today; a deluge of tears then a break, another deluge then another break. I miss him so much. On Thursday, it will be 22 weeks since I said a sad farewell to my beloved Gonzo. His loss still hurts deeply. They were, still are, and always will be, two furbabies who crept into my very heart and soul, who buried themselves under my skin, and who gave such unconditional love and immeasurable joy. They enriched my life; the void is vast.

I truly hope you receive a sign from your sweet little Mardi Gras to let you know she is happy and free from pain. She will be forever by your side, as my babies will be, until the day arrives when we meet them again. True companions can never be parted.

My thoughts are with you.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0