Sulasmom
We lost our healthy and happy 2 and a half year old bernese mountain dog unexpectedly on Tuesday to what we believe to have been a brain aneurysm or tumor. To say the past five days have been hell would be an understatement.

There is one thing that is pulling me through and it goes something like this...

I truly believe that this dog was meant to be in our family. SOMETHING in the universe knew that this baby girl needed a home that could provide her with a lifetime of happiness and love squished into a few short years. And provide that, we did! She was literally the happiest dog I have ever seen!

Whether your baby was in your life for a very short or a very long time, please please find a sliver of peace knowing that he/She was meant to be yours.

Believe me, I know this thought doesn't magically make things all better, but it might help you smile through your tears for a brief moment.

Peace to all of you...

Deb
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.  I'm glad you've been able to find some comfort during this time knowing she was meant to be part of your family.  My baby Jasmine definitely was meant to be mine and I'm so grateful for the time I had with her.  I miss her so much it physically hurts.
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Sulasmom:

I agree 100%. Whether your dog was a member of your family for a short amount of time or long-term, it becomes readily apparent early on that you have made a connection and were meant to be together. When my dog came to live with me back in 2002 (she was 8 months old at the time), I knew she had found her forever home. We were in sync from day one. It was the most incredible relationship I ever had. Better than my marriage. Far superior to any connection I had with another human being. I don't want to diminish the importance of being around other people. It's not good to be socially isolated. It's emotionally healthy to interact with other people - regardless the level. But, I can't help but feel that my relationship with my beloved dog was just better in so many ways. 
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0