Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
catiebee

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi James, 

Thank you very much for taking the time to write me recently on my thread where I talk about loss and my Marissa. You were very generous in sharing all you did and I appreciate your taking the time to reach out to me as you did. I appreciate every kind word.

I just read your posts here. My, what a journey you've had. And what a close companion your Marmalade was, throughout the most turbulent and uncertain of times! It's a remarkable story, indeed! I'm very grateful that the Lord stayed your hand and kept you here on Planet Earth. And what an amazing incident with the woman who was instructed to give you the funds! At such a point of extremity in your life. I have not lived through what you survived, but I have endured a series of misfortunes that I would not have believed I could pass through. We certainly can't imagine why at times we are brought to the very end of our ropes, yet without question we're changed by the darkest times in our lives. And we are stronger than we realize. Your journey is very gripping to read. And of course, your loss is very profound. I'm sure the few weeks just passed have held an exceptional amount of pain for you. The early stages of grief are excruciating!  And I just have to reiterate, I'm really thankful you got through that period of time when you barely survived financially and didn't know where your next meal would come from. The stress must have been off the charts!

I've indeed found this to be a warm and loving community. True, not everyone stays long-term or needs to. Individuals come and go, little clusters of grievers shrink in size. Some only need come for a short season and some hold onto the understanding connections for longer. Seeing the same names and engaging with the same personalities has been an anchoring experience for me, and I think for many others here.  Feeling heard and being comforted, especially after what some of us last year began to call "Ugly Grief Attacks," has been a blessing and help. 

It's very understandable--though unfortunate--that you can't open your heart and your grief to the people in 3D you've known for decades. Unless they've lived through such a loss themselves, they likely can't fathom what you feel. I'm glad you sound comfortable with people here. 

Hearing you, too, about grief triggers. Those can really sneak up on you and be hard-hitting!

I think you were quite right about my former "mentor" and his having missed out on the unconditional love of a cherished pet. There is nothing else like these little ones' love! Their affection is irreplaceable and we miss that soooo badly! And yeah... it's self-preservation to try to avoid places that remain emotionally loaded and tied to our losses, when possible!

So, I'm very sorry for your loss of Marmalade. He was a loving, faithful friend and I'm so glad you had his companionship when everything broke loose, and on into your better days in LA. Grief can be very tough and unpredictable, but I wish you comfort, strength and sustenance as you find your way through it. Take care, James.

Gigster

Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you for sharing your story. Marmalade and you made quite the pair, and I'm so sorry you had to put him to sleep. He very clearly considered you his one and only companion. I know that right now he's still with you, keeping vigil over you. 
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #18 

Dear Catibee,

I truly appreciate your taking the time to read one of my stories about Marmalade & I adventures, and how much he meant to me and to take your time to write me with such a heartfelt response. I had tears streaming down my face as I read your words.

Thank you again,

James

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gigster,

Thank you kindly for reading my story about my beloved Marmalade and for your very kind and supportive words. They mean a great deal to me and I really, really appreciate them.

Kind regards,
James
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi James,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Marmalade sounds like a very special cat. I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain of his loss, but just remember that we're all suffering along with you. It's been 33 days since Huckleberry went missing and I find myself crying more now than I did last week. Today is also the 7 year anniversary of Nomar's death and I had a special relationship with him. Now, when I think of him, I smile. Hopefully, you'll feel that way soon about Marmalade and I'll feel that way soon with Huckleberry.

Kevin
pannklaus

Reply with quote  #20 
What a great story.  Others have written how their pets became involved in their lives but yours is the most dramatic that I have read and very interesting.  Marmalade was a very, very special cat.

Reply with quote  #21 

Oh my goodness Patsy! Thank you ever so much for your positive comment! Especially coming from you!!

XO,
James
Julia_Loves_McCartney

Reply with quote  #22 
Your story was truly amazing. So vivid in my mind. This could be turned into an inspirational movie. I'm so sorry for your loss of Marmalade. What you two had was truly special. Prayers to you and thanks for sharing your story.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #23 

Thank you kindly Julia. I visited your memorial page for your McCartney (< Great name by the way!) and I really enjoyed reading about your boy. I especially liked his and your "Walking the Bridge" trick. So delightful! I appreciate your taking the time to read about my boy. I still miss him so, as you miss your boy.

Hugs,
James
Julia_Loves_McCartney

Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks so much for visiting my McCartney! When we all read each others stories, it truly helps to keep them alive in our minds until we meet them again someday.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #25 

Hi again Julia,

That is so, so true. I've mentioned a few times here on the forum, how I feel that I have gotten to know others beloved pets, whom I had never had the good fortune of meeting in person, through their sharing their pets stories and photo images etc. It truly is a way to keep each of our lost loved ones memory and them alive in a way. They are all so memorable in their own right. : ) 

All my best regards,
James
redgirlraven

Reply with quote  #26 
James what an amazing story! Marmalade really was a miracle worker. I am so glad you guys found each other and found a place to call home together.

Reply with quote  #27 

Thank you sweet Anne. I know it is over-written, but I was trying to get my memories down in writing so as to try and not forget anything. I appreciate your taking the time to read our story. Yes, Marmalade and I were so, so happy for the rest of 2017 and 2018. And the first couple months of 2019. We always felt grateful and blessed to be together. : )
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #28 

Today (Thursday) it is 12 weeks since I had my boy "Marmalade" put to sleep forever more. I still miss him so and think about him all day and night. He was the love and the light of my life. 

James
redgirlraven

Reply with quote  #29 
Oh James I am so very sorry. I know you made his life so amazing and saved him from being alone and hungry in the cold. You have him so much love and such a good life and you two were meant to find one another. I am sorry for your grief but so grateful you two found each other in this life and pray you will have each other in the next life.

Reply with quote  #30 
James, I am glad you and Marmalade met each other and were together since, helping each other in hard times. His life was amazing, him being the King of his colony, then choosing you to be his life companion. Your connection was really something special.

Alexander
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.