Sadiesmom061308
I am slowly starting to be able to remember the good times with my beloved Sadie. My friend asked me how I was doing. I told her I was learning to live without Sadie. Unfortunately time goes on , and that crushing panicked pain is replaced with an acceptance. The hurt is deep and aching. You come to realize they are not coming back. The emptiness is constant. I try to continue day by day knowing that I am a better person because of Sadie. I have been looking at adopt a pet and seeing some lovely babies. They make me smile. Funny as I am crying now that I am trying to write this convincing myself I am better. Oh boy, the emotions are all over the place. When you love so deeply it hurts. I know none of us would do anything different. Sadie was my first dog. My first experience with this kind of tremendous pain. I have had loved ones die. This is so different. I hope one day I can love another baby. I know it will be different but I hope I can make some new memories with another beautiful baby. I am holding out hope. I have so much more love to give. God grant us all some peace.
Hugs to all,
Tammy
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Tammy,
I really understand what you are feeling. Bailey was our first dog as well and he was such a huge part of our family. Nothing has been the same without him. We need time to grieve - as awful as it is but I'm glad you are starting to remember some of the good times - I'm sure there were many! Sadie was a lucky girl and she knew it giving you back her unconditional love in return. I know that when you are ready, some dog out there will be very fortunate! It will never be the same and you will never replace Sadie in your heart but I think.
your heart is big enough to allow some other precious little being in - when the time is right.
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Tammy, I`m so glad you are starting to remember the happier times with Sadie. At first  all our memories seem to just focus on the last few days and months,  I couldn`t get Jim`s last day out of my mind for a long time - constantly replaying it over and over.  But there are so many good memories - I`m constantly remembering so many little things about him I thought I`d forgotten,  and yes, some can make me cry again. It`s true what you write though, sometimes we really DO have to convince ourselves we are feeling better
One day, when the time is right, you will find it in you to adopt and love another little friend. When we lost our previous dog Midge, as devastating as it was  - he was also 17 - we adopted Jim just 6 weeks later. This time its so different, 14 weeks later I still think its too soon for me - we`ve also got a few family events coming up,so when they`re out of the way we might think again.   I think our hearts will guide us as to when we`re ready to love another little soul again.
                                  Peace and hugs , Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
sweetie1
Tammy everything I read that you wrote makes me cry.  Same sentiments here.

Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Thank you everyone for your kind and loving responses .
Tammy
Quote 0 0