LauriP92
Feel free to write a letter to your own fur baby 

Good Morning Ollie
You've only been gone since Thurs yet it feels like an eternity. Mommy and Daddy are so sorry that you were in so much pain. We had no idea until you pretty much stopped eating. As of last week you were still jumping up and down off the couch.It is so hard for me to open my eyes in the morning and know you are not going to be here. Usually I can hear you in the kitchen meowing because you're hungry or you come up to our room and meow saying 'I want to be fed". No more and its so very sad. We loved you so much and were so very lucky to be your mom and dad for 18 1/2 years. The pain of losing you is unbearable and at times I do not know how I can go on.  You told us  you were ready to go to the Bridge by not eating. And your poor back legs were not working on Thurs. I honestly never thought when we took you to the vet that you weren't coming home. But as we looked at you in the carrier, we knew it was time. The guilt I feel for going on vacation and leaving you with your regular pet sitter the week before will never subside. I'm so sorry. Even though she loved you it wasn't us. Im not sure what happened-you were perfectly fine when we got home Sunday and by Wed you had gone downhill. We will forever miss you. My heart is broken into a thousand pieces and I'm not sure how to put it back together. I want to hold you and kiss you forever. Please know you will never ever leave my thoughts and watch over us until we can be together again. Please find Ivan, Benny and Magic so you can have a reunion. I love you so much and am at a loss on how to go on even though you wouldn't want that
Love your Mommy
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Good Morning Ollie
Last night I saw a video of you on FB along with your other brothers. It popped up unexpectedly. I started crying my heart aches so much. And I came down this morning and opened the fridge and saw one of your kitty milks I forgot to throw out which made me more sad. I have to figure out how to deal with you being gone instead of walking around in a fog. I hope you found your brothers and are sleeping peacefully and getting lots of treats and turkey. 
I pray you know how much I loved you and how I did the best I could at the end.  If I could change anything it would be to have one more day with you to spoil you rotten. I love you my baby boy. Rest well
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Good Morning My sweet baby boy in heaven
This morning Bianca came down from sleeping and went right over to where your bowls are but stopped in her tracks. I think she is starting to feel that you are gone. No more scraps of food for her that you left over. When I was letting her out to go potty last night, I waited on the sunporch and could still picture you there -lying on the bench stretching out then getting up for treats. I miss you so much . Tomorrow is a week and it feels like forever.Please give me a sign that you are okay and enjoying yourself. I need that now. I love you forever
Mommy
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
exburt
Where I live, our newspaper had a pet columnist, Gary Bogue. Several years ago, he wrote about the two duties we take on when we bring a pet into our family. One is that we'll provide the fur baby with the best and safest life we are able. And the second is when the time comes, with a serene passing. The second one is a terrible duty, and one we all have to face. There's no doubt you did both, in an admirable and loving fashion. There is no reason to blame yourself for anything. 

Everybody on this site knows what you're going through. Keep on posting as often and as long as you need to. It will get better. 
B Weinstein
Quote 1 0
LauriP92
Good Morning my sweet boy
Well today its a week that we decided to let you go. I so wish we never had to decide-that you would've gone on your own. But I made a promise to you that I would selfishly never let you suffer with pain. I had to stand firm on that. However, when we took you to the vet last Thursday morning, I never ever thought we wouldn't be bringing you home. I'm so sorry my love. I wish you were here for brushings and love. I miss you so much that my heart still aches. I hope you are having fun in heaven
Love mommy
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Dear B Weinstein,
Thank you. Yes that columnist was right. Its sheer agony. The pain will lessen with time
I thank you for your comforting words
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Good Morning my Olliebaba
I was thinking about you as soon as my eyes opened this morning and wondered if we would ever be reunited. Like 'they' say in the poem. That when I die you will see me and we will be together again. Wouldn't that be wonderful? 
The groomer is coming today for Bianca to get a bath and her nails trimmed. I bet you're glad you don't have to go through that anymore! You'll probably be laughing up in heaven. I know you didn't like getting your fur trimmed but you had so much of it that some had to go! 
I love you and miss you. I hope you are resting a lot and getting a lot of treats
Love Mommy
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Lauri:

Your letters to your beloved Ollie are very moving. I read them all and it's not only a wonderful tribute to him but a healthy way to get in touch with your grief. Please share more of them with us. 

You are not Alone,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Thank you Jim. I feel so much better when I 'talk' to him every morning. Helps me feel I am in touch with him. I miss him so much
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Good Morning my Olliebaba
Its getting chilly here in the mornings. Not that you care-you never went outside. I'm not sure how the temperature is in heaven. Never really thought about it.
I did realize this week that I never knew how much time it took me every day to take care of you. Feeding scooping brushing etc. I don't really know what to do with all my free time now that you are gone. It seems odd. Your daddy and I finally are going back to the gym today after a hiatus. Not really excited about that. I gave all your food and litter and milk to another kitty that needed it. Not sure I told you that. Its better for me to have all of your things out of the house. I am constantly reminded in my head you are no longer here-I don't want those things to remind me too. 
I love you  my little boy. Hope you are having fun
Love Mommy
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Lauri,
I know exactly how you feel about how much time we spent taking care of our babies. Those demanded meows when it was their feeding time. Cleaning their litter etc. etc.
I have another cat named Gypsy that is 18 years old. She misses her partner in crime and it breaks my heart. Shemp passed away at 19 years old. I know we are lucky to have had them this long. So please don't think you failed Ollie. The age alone says that they were well loved. Deep down in my heart I know they knew how much we loved them. They always gave their love to us!
Your in my prayers. Big hug xx
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Dear Becky 1990
I have read some of your posts about Shemo and couldn't believe he was that old! I know when I tell people Ollie passed and say he was 18 1/2 people say 'oh well he was old' but I think its so hard because they've been with us so long.
I hope Ollie meets Shemo in heaven and they have a big old treat party haha
Thank you Becky

Lauri 
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
I think Ollie and Shemp are having a treat party with the "Party Mix lol" They came out with gravy inside of them recently and he loved those.
I try to think of it as some people don't understand that they are our babies and that's okay. I think it is their loss. The unconditional love is precious and so rewarding.
I too am sorry for your loss. We were fortunate and I try to focus on that
Thank you for sharing with me. 💛
Quote 1 0
LauriP92
Good Morning Ollie
Daddy told me he had a dream that you were sleeping beside us last night. He woke up to find it only a dream. We wish you were still here sleeping beside us! I know when Bianca came into our lives two years ago you weren't used to a dog and stopped sleeping with us. I"m so sorry if you didn't want her taking some of our attention. But you sure did like to sneak some of her kibble when you thought we weren't looking! And although you never really warmed up to her totally, it was nice to see you both laying side by side sometimes. 
Football started so Daddy will be watching that all day. He is going to miss you lying beside him on the couch
Love you my Olliebaba. Have a wonderful day
Mama
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Good Morning to you
Very cloudy here today. I hope you can still see us from heaven
I must've said ten times yesterday "I miss my Ollie" I know you heard me
I want you back here in this house so badly that my heart aches. I know you are where you need to be and Im being selfish. Its just so weird here without you and so lonely  even though we have the dog.
Well I'm off to get ready for work. Love you my little man. Giving you a big smooch on that beautiful face of yours
Love Mama
Lauri 
Quote 0 0