MurphysMom_0831
A Letter From Your Pet in Heaven

"To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say. But first of all to let you know that I arrived okay. I'm writing this from the Rainbow Bridge where I dwell with God above. Here there's no more tears of sadness, just eternal love. Please don't be unhappy just because I'm out of sight. Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night. That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and He said: "I welcome you. It's good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone. And for your dearest family, they will be here later on."

God gave me a list of things that he wished for me to do, and foremost on the list was to watch over and care for you. And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight, God and I are close to you all throughout the night. When you think of my life on earth and all those loving years, because you're only human they are bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain. Remember there are no flowers unless there is some rain. I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned. But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand. One thing is for certain, though my life on earth is over, I'm closer to you now than I ever was before. There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb, but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too, that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you. If you can help an animal who is in sorrow and in pain, then you can say to God at night "my day was not in vain. Now I am contented, I know my life's worthwhile, knowing as I passed along I made an animal smile." God says "if you meet an animal who is sad and feeling low, just lend a hand and pick him up as on your way you go."

So when you're walking down the street with me always on your mind, I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind. And when it's time for you to leave your body to be free, remember you're not going, you're coming here to me!!

[dd59d3213afcf9b8e07d6d136d39b55b]
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Wow, I had to wipe away the tears before I could type a word, but it is a beautiful message. It helps us keep finding positives when it is so easy to only see the sadness and the negatives. We have great sorrow because we had great joy and  I know that God has our babies in His arms and will keep them safe for us until we can join them.  Thanks for sharing Kathryn.

In honour of you Bellsy, we found two sad, neglected, unloved puppies, Charli and Buddy....they are now loved and cared for and have the life they deserve.  They owe you so much...it was because of you and all you gave us that we could find the strength to open our hearts again.  Stay with me Bellsy...I need you beside me every day.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Murphys Mom
I came over here to tell you thank you for the beautiful poem you posted on Dali's thread.  I got online this morning with a heavy heart as it is another Saturday, my dreaded day, and the skies are dark and crying with me.  As I read your poem I began to cry...sad and thankful all at the same time.  Then I came over here and saw this beautiful letter from heaven.  All this came at a time when I really needed it.  After crying a bit missing my girl, I got a good feeling that she is really here and closer to me in many ways than before.  Thank you so much for your posts, they were very much needed and appreciated.  I hope you are doing okay.  Murphy is remarkable, and so is his human on Earth.  Thanks so much..hugs to you and Murphy from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Kathryn
Thank you so much for sharing this!
As the tears came so did a warm feeling of hope and purpose also.I will re read this often

I hope you are having a good day.
Many hugs to you and Murphy

Diana and her much loved Bee
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
tuxtails
Thank you so much for sharing, I really needed this today. It lifted my heart.

Have a good peaceful day

Toni 
(Tux's Mom)
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Hi everyone,

I found this beautiful poem last night in preparation for writing to Murphy on his Rainbow Residency. Today is 10 months since he left this life as I held him in my arms and watched him breathe his last. It doesn't seem possible, yet it seems like forever at the same time.

I'm very glad if this poem is a help to anyone going through the horrible grief of losing their precious furbaby. My heart is breaking all over again and I know yours are, too.

Blessings to all of you, and all the love in the world to our wonderful furangels,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Kathyrn, Thanks for sharing this. I have read it before yet it has deeper meaning with the passage of time.  I do feel that there is a higher purpose in all of this, for us, for our beloved companions. It is also a great reminder to me for the reasons that I now have Rudy...................... Your love for Murphy and his love for you is such a special bond and connection. I hope you have a peaceful weekend.....................Sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Kathryn
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today, these time markers are so very difficult to deal with. But your connection with Murphy is unbreakable, the love and relationship you shared cannot be taken away, it is eternal

Hugs
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Thank you..I needed to read this and will return to it often.

Take care,

Jonancy...Scooters mama

Quote 0 0
mybaby1robert
How wonderful was that poem.  It reminded me of my promise to my Robert...to care for animals as much as I could in memory of him.

Thank you

Roberts Mom
Quote 0 0
alesia
Thank you Murphysmom!
I love the poem and especially the picture with it. Thank you!
Alesia Cranford
Quote 0 0
shantismom
Thank you for thinking of all of us and sharing this poem.  I have been struggling again with grief over Shanti and it is nice to picture him in a happy place.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you for posting this, Kathryn. 

The tears came in waves, hot tears streaming down my face as I read the post. I was choked up, blinded by a deluge of tears that wouldn't stop. Oh, such beautiful words, such a beautiful picture. We are all sharing the loss of our beloved furbabies, we are as one in that respect, but we will see them again one day. A reunion of sheer bliss and happiness.

Thank you once again. Hugs to you and your darling Murphy from me and mine.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0