BorderCollieLover
I wanted something as a lasting tribute to my little girl. Then I remembered the pendant pictured below that was given to me by one of Shelby's pet-sitters (Barbara) several years ago. I had it packed away but pulled it out after Shelb's passing. It needed a chain so I could hang it around my neck. I went yesterday and picked up the chain. It was very emotional. I will be wearing it wherever I go. It's a part of me now and forever.
hpqscan0004.jpg 
hpqscan0005.jpg  Love my girl forever, 
  Jim 

Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
That's a beautiful tribute! I've had one made as well. Now we can always have them with us.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Stealthcat:

That's a beautiful pendant you have hanging around your neck. What a fitting tribute to your beloved Stealth. Yes, now we will have them forever. 

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
Thank you. And I know yours is especially sentimental since it was given to you by one of Shelby's sitters. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. 
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
That's a lovely pendant Jim. Such a special sacred tribute to Shelby that you will always have right next to your heart. It is really beautiful. And given to you by Shelby's sitter.

And stealth cat, I like yours too very much. So full of love and remembrance.

I did the same thing. I bought a tiny glass bottle, about the size of a .38 bullet with a screw top. I got it on ebay, and it was called a "spell bottle" (Wiccans use them to put herbs in) Which happened to be exactly the thing I had imagined I needed.
And in it I put Misty's fur. I put that necklace on in 2012 promising I shall wear it until I die. And I always do, right next to my heart every day.
I used to wear Navajo jewelry when Misty was with me. But when she passed, I stopped wearing everything except her necklace.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Mistysmama:

Your glass bottle is a fitting tribute to your beloved Misty. I like the idea - especially since you said that you put some of her hair inside the bottle. You and Misty will be together forever. Beautiful sentiment. 

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
I like that everyone is wanting to do things that carry them on forever with us. Jewelry, memorials, etc. It helps a little since we dont really get a traditional funeral or true time away to grieve. Thank you for sharing on here. And let me know if you've done other things to honor or memorialize our sweet furry companions.
Quote 0 0
JuJuBee
That's a lovely pendant, BorderCollieLover.

I recently ordered a couple similar handcrafted items on Etsy-a brass locket personalized with my cat's photo, and a heart-shaped resin keychain, which can hold her fur. I think having nice things to honour her memory will really help. It's been a week since she passed, and I have been having a hard time taking out the litter for the last time and cleaning up the areas where she ate and slept, because it seems like it's all I have left of her. I feel like these memorial items are a great way to help deal with that transition.

Another thing I've done to memorialize her was to go through hard drives, and old phones, digital cameras, etc. to find all the photos I had of her and create a special folder with all of them. Searching through these photos brought a lot of wonderful memories and some good laughs, which really helped to lift my spirits.

Quote 0 0
SnowPhoenix77
I, too, memorialized my girl, Katie Purry.  She passed just over a year ago on October 1st.  I've got tattoos.  Not a ton, but I've got a half sleeve and a few others, so it made sense to me that I wanted Katie's paw print.  I found a wonderful tattoo artist who worked up a photo illustrative design for me based off a picture of her paw print.  The paw pad shapes and detailing on the prints are 100% hers.  I had it placed on my left forearm because that's where she cuddled up with me every night.  She'd tap my face, I'd let her in the covers and into the crook of my arm she'd settle.  So even though she's gone, I carry her with me everywhere.

Katie_paw_tat.jpg 

A-M
---Katie Purry is forever in my heart. 

Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
JuJuBee:

Thanks so much for sharing with us. You mentioned that your beloved kitty only passed about a week ago. Your pain is still very new. That was a beautiful tribute to your kitty by getting the locket and key chain. She will now be with you forever. I agree with you. We all need special mementos of our pets to help us grieve and honor the special bonds we had with them. When you can, please post pictures of your locket and key chain. I'd love to see them. You are in our thoughts. 

Jim

Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
SnowPhoenix77:

Thanks for sharing with us about your beloved Katie Purry. The tattoo of her print  paw on your left forearm will be a lasting tribute to your baby. Beautiful sentiment.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
JuJuBee
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words. I have not yet received the keepsakes in the mail, but to give you an idea of the style, I ordered the keychain from this company : http://www.hoofprintsequinejewelry.ca/pet-hair-keepsakes.php
Quote 0 0