Imissyou
Hello, I'm new here.  
I lost my 9 year old dog Zoe a week ago today.  I'm overcome with grief.  She was my constant through the past 9 years as I went through divorce, empty nest, and all the happy times as well.  It's hard to be in the house without her.  I didn't realize what an impact she had on me - seems funny to say that now, I always really loved her, and gave her the best life I knew how.  I have had moments when I think it's all going to be okay, and then a day hits me where I feel like I can barely move.  I do have a support system, but speaking with others who have been through the same thing might help.  The vet just called to say her remains are ready to be picked up and I just can't bring myself to do it.  
I'm very sorry for everyone's loss and hoping that we can all find peace.

Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Imissyou:

Glad that you joined us in this Forum. So sorry about your beloved Zoe. She sounds like a wonderful companion. I know you miss her dearly. You will find a lot of support and understanding here as we're all dealing with the exact same thing. I can relate to your dilemma of the empty house syndrome. I work at home and really miss my dog being here with me throughout the day - and at night too. She was my everything and the reason that I wanted to get out of bed in the morning. When you feel up to it, we'd all like to hear some more about Zoe. 

Calming Thoughts and Prayers Being Sent Your Way,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Imissyou
Thank you for your support and understanding
Zoe was a Bichon Poo. I tried to load a pic but it says file is too big so I’ll work on that. She’s was a cutie.
She was diagnosed with a nasal tumour and was bleeding excessively and struggling to breathe. I feel like it was too soon, She still had good days and I feel I should have held on longer.
Zoe and I lived together while the kids have moved out for work and school. I work from home a lot we had lots of time together. I loved our walks and couch cuddles. She had some anxiety which we worked on over the years together. She was really smart.
I have so many funny stories to share when the time is right because she was such a character and a princess. I’m looking forward to the days when I can think of her and smile more than cry.

Quote 0 0
Peanutsmom8
I'm sorry to hear about your Zoe. This hits close to home. I just lost my beloved Peanut a week ago yesterday. He was only 7 and taken way too soon. The only thing that keeps me going was that I got 2 more years than expected. The vet diagnosed him with chronic kidney disease 2 years ago and only gave him 3 months max but with a lot of love, medication and diet we got to spend 2 more years together. I miss him like crazy but his pain is over and I know we will be together again one day.
Quote 0 0
Peanutsmom8
Peanutsmom8 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your Zoe. This hits close to home. I just lost my beloved Peanut a week ago yesterday. He was only 7 and taken way too soon. The only thing that keeps me going was that I got 2 more years than expected. The vet diagnosed him with chronic kidney disease 2 years ago and only gave him 3 months max but with a lot of love, medication and diet we got to spend 2 more years together. I miss him like crazy but his pain is over and I know we will be together again one day.
Quote 0 0
Imissyou
I’m so sorry for your loss. Peanuts was a special soul and a fighter. You took very good care of him. I really believe we will be reunited. I still feel Zoe in my presence. I just returned from a snowy walk on our route and it gives me some peace that I’m surrounded by memories. I miss our routine together. It’s harder than I imagined but it’s nice to find some understanding.
Quote 0 0