silvermini3
http://www.lapoflove.com/Home
Quote 0 0
GeeAnn
This link has excellent information and I found some of the information really helpful.  Even though they are not in my area so I can't utilize them, some of the information is really helpful and needs to be more readily available for people as I think it would be very helpful as we process what has happened and also allow us to have a less traumatic experience than what you have in a vets office.  Not saying they don't do their best, but its a clinical setting and neither our pet or we are comfortable at that crucial time.
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
GeeAnn, I wish I had known about this four weeks ago, when I set Beau free. But what I also found, was some reassurance about my decision. The 15 minute video by one of the founders was helpful with understanding that it is not only about their physical suffering, but also about their emotional suffering. And that it is o.k. to set them free before they are at death's door. Something I struggled with. I have to remind myself Beau and I did the best we could. Hope you are healing...
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
When we have to deal with a diagnosis, sometimes blindsided with it, then care that must be given, then that awful decision, it is a terrible place to be. We have no training in some cases. Then that powerful thing called guilt takes over. This group guides pet owners, educates them and makes the experience a little more bearable for all. In my case, I was handed my dog back with palliative meds and told to enjoy as much time with him as I could. It was awful. This organization would have helped immensely ...
Quote 0 0