HayleylLovesBruno
Bruno was our 13 years and 4 months old boxer dog. He was the love of our lives. We had him put him to sleep yesterday at 2.30pm because he had got weak and stiff. Unable to go out like he loved and looking bored at his ever decreasing world. It was awful and we are devastated but I can't find a reason to be here. I would never do anything stupid ofcourse but the thought of anything that doesn't involve him hurts so much I feel physical pain. I don't want to never see him again. I am in so much distress over this. Can anyone assure me I will see him again. I feel like if he is in heaven he will forget about me by the time I die. I'm 28. :-(
Quote 0 0
JennC
I am so sorry for your pain. But I know Bruno won't forget u. They are so loyal and devoted. I really believe they will come greet us no matter how much time has passed to lead us the way when it's our time. I know in my heart of heart that my little one was loved by me and that he loved me back and more. They know to live in the present and be free and enjoy themselves over the rainbow bridge. But they will always keep an eye and ear out to make sure we r ok. They have always made us proud that they r ours, now it is our turn to make them proud by being as resilient as we can so they don't worry. Then when it's our turn to be with them again these flat faced cuties pies will paw us and let us know it's this way.

I miss my Boston terrier Hammie so so much. And my grief for him is at times seem so intolerable and nothing else seems to matter. I am in my thirties and I wish and pray that I would die tomorrow and join him. But I know neither He nor Bruno would want us to be this sad for them. Have no doubt he misses you and wonders why he can't be with u. But they live in the present and are just playing and being goofballs up there until it's our turn to join them.
Quote 1 0
camunki
Hayley, you will see Bruno again, if you "believe" in the Rainbow Bridge and the heavenly skies, rest assured your Bruno will be waiting for you. 

I am sorry too for the loss of your Bruno and no words that i say can take away the pain. Please know you are so not alone here, there are many of us kind, caring people who are all dealing with the same issue, the loss of a beloved pet, a family member I would call my pets. I lost 3 dogs in a two year period and still grieving my last one Jemma, she was a Rotti who lived for 11 years 5 months and 9 days and I cry each day for her and its going on 9 months now.

As for our pets "waiting" they have no sense of timing, they are having a fun time in the warm sunshine, playing with alot of other animals and in no pain at all........what may seem like a day to them could be decades of years for us, they never forget.

Please know that when the time comes you will be reunited with your Bruno and spend eternity together.......that is what the Rainbow Bridge is all about.

Cam

Quote 1 0
HayleylLovesBruno
the only thing that is making me feel okay enough to function and do mundane day to say stuff is the though that he is in heaven, the rainbow bridge running, swimming, playing with sticks... doing all the things he loved. I just wish i KNEW that was true. I have been looking for a sign since he passed. a few things have happened then i doubt then. My light bulb blew on the day he died, there was also a storm which never happens in London much but then this morning on the bus to work, my mum and i were sat on the bus feeling just lost and in pain when she spotted a sign on the shop window saying "dog running free" i pray this was a sign from him telling us he is okay. this is so sad, i feel so sad i cant see him. 
Quote 0 0
HayleylLovesBruno
JennC I am so sorry you lost your Hammie too, i really hope he is being a goofball with Bruno i really do. i will and am clinging onto these replies to get me through each day.
Quote 0 0
HayleylLovesBruno
[QUOTE=camunki i just wish i could be promised by god that i would see him again. it hurts so much. he is bring cremated on saturday and i will get to see him one last time. devastaed is just not cutting it. thankyou so much for your kind words, it helped me. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote 0 0
JennC
Hayley I think all those signs or coincidence you saw were Bruno's way of letting u know he is ok. He wants you to know he's not gone forever, that he misses he, and until you r reunited, you be good.

I have been a hot mess this week. Can't sleep can't eat. I can't handle the condolences of people who don't think of their fur babies that way and pretend they understand my loss. There is so much pain and grief that I wake up at 6 and start walking around a lake. My daily routine consist of walking the places I took him to, checking this forum, then taking sleep aid and repeat the next day. The only thing keeping me going is that I have to be strong or else he will worry about me and won't be able to have fun uo in the sky.

None of us want our furbaby to be worried and keep trying to stay on this earth to watch over us when they can moving on and playing w all their old and new friends over the rainbow bridge...I keep reminding myself that...to be brave...not for anyone...but for him.

This week I took off work to grieve. Next week back to work I hope I don't stab anyone as most of them aren't dog people and can't relate. Sorry about my rambling.

I pray and hope that Bruno and Hammie are together and guiding each other on this journey. I also pray that Hammies foster sister who passed away half a year ago, a English Bulldog owned by his auntie Amy, who is sassy as can be and will protect them will, will guide them on where all the fun things are and what the rules of any up on the rainbow bridge. Our family dog Cookie, a Lhasa Apso who is the wise one who passed 13 years ago along w my brother's gentle cat Agi will also be there to comfort them. They are not alone. And u are not alone. He misses you and you will see him again I have no doubt.
Quote 0 0