ahartofilis Show full post »
Bellamum
Hi Andrea,
So happy to hear that Rudy has a new home and family.  I hope that he is bringing sunshine and warmth back into your life.  You are right....you will grieve for Coco still, even though you have a new companion, but that is ok.  Having a new friend does not erase the sadness.  That sadness came for the many, many years of love, loyalty and laughter that you shared and that sadness is a tribute to Coco, but it will be nice to have some fun and laughter mixed in there with the overwhelming sadness.
Every time you cuddle and kiss Rudy, you are cuddling and kissing your sweet girl, Coco.  The love you share with Rudy will remind you every day of the love you shared with Coco too.  You have now been blessed, not once, but twice....how lucky are you?
I would love to see a photo of you new little man when you have time to post one.
Best wishes to you as you build a new relationship with Rudy.
Love to Coco and Bella.  xxx
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Thank-you Bella's mum, your words have been very helpful to me at this time. I like where you said it will be nice to have some fun and laughter, mixed in with the sadness. That is so true! Thanks again for sharing your insight and experience. I look forward to sharing more................hugs to you and Bella from me and the Coco girl!
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Hi Andrea,
I am SO happy that you decided to foster Rudy and keep him.  I know you will love him like you did your Coco, he's a lucky guy!  I'm sure it will not be easy and you will have days that you will second guess if you were ready but don't, you are giving Rudy an amazing home and tons of love, your Coco would want this for him and for you.  Thinking of you and Coco.
Ann LM's mom
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Andrea
Congratulations on the new addition to your home!
I hope all is going well and Rudy is settling in
I am certain sweet Coco is smiling down on you both, sending loads of energy and light to help you through the next stage of your journey

Thinking of you and Coco and Rudy
All the best,
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Ann and Dianna, Thank-you both so much. I guess now the work starts all over again. I got out a couple of times for a walk with Rudy and my entire body hurts! That's O.K. I always think of what Coco would want me to do. Its like the guide line for my relationship with this puppy canine soul. He is actually 9 month's old. He will be a big boy one day. I hope that Coco will keep sending her wags of strength to help me with him! The picture was taken of Rudy in the shelter. Its the only one I have of him right now. His face is soiled in this picture as he is really jet black. He cleaned up nicely and is looking a lot better.
1.jpg
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
I looked at the photo of your beautiful boy and just smiled!  It is nice to smile and share some good news on this wonderful forum.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Andrea
Thanks so much for sharing , what a sweet pup!
As Karen mentioned it's great to hear good news and helping a soul in need with his whole life ahead of him, is certainly something to smile about

Take Care
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I agree, it is nice to see some good news on this forum.  Your new baby is beautiful and you are both very lucky.  Your Coco will guide Rudy and let him know how wonderful his new life will be.  Taking Rudy is a fantastic tribute and way or honoring your Coco.  I can imagine the new joy mixed with the "happy sorrow" you must experience.  I just know that Coco is smiling from the bridge, watching Rudy and knowing that you can smile again.  Congratulations!  Hugs to you and Coco from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Dalidog, it is indeed great news.
Andrea, Rudy is beautiful. I guarantee the next picture you post of him, he will be filled with love and happiness. Bless you for putting him before the feelings of loss. Coco will send you strength and love to carry on. We all support you on your new journey. you are such a genuine soul. I wish the world was filled with more people such as yourself. Sweet dreams of Coco and blessings to you.
Love,
Benni and Lilimarie
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Andrea,
Rudy is so very handsome!! I love his face :)) I am glad we got to talk for a few minutes today and I also am glad he is the perfect fit for you and your family :))) I think you are right about him being a lab, that handsome face of his looks just like a lab! I don't see any mix in him but again I am not a vet. All I can say is I am so so happy for you. My day got worse and worse as it went on, just need you to talk to, you seem to be giving me the guidance I need these days, just wished there were more hours in the day so we could talk a bit more ugh! Well hope your night at work goes well, and know I always Coco and you in my thoughts. I also thank the girls and the lord above for you and Rudy meeting your voice sounded so happy today even being rushed. I now will be sending patients for you in my thoughts as I know how labs there so happy and they want there moms attention. I know Coco is proud of you for saving Rudy. Know I have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Smiles and Hugs to you Andrea, 
Mattie and I love you
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Congratulations!! What a wonderful boy. I am so happy that you took Rudy into your home. Through all these posts I feel that you have and will make a wonderful home for him. As I was reading all the posts when you were deciding, I kept thinkint in my head..you have to take Rudy..Thank you for sharing.

My dog died six weeks ago tomorrow morning and again I am starting to have anxiety issues. I am starting to hate Wednesday nights, knowing what Thursday mornings will bring...tears and feeling empty. I hope one day I can open my heart and home for another dog. I did look at dachshund rescue pages, but felt guilty. I miss Scooter so much it hurts. I'm doing better, but it still hurts.

Hug Rudy for me and Scooter

Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
The other morning I woke with a vivid dream of seeing a dog with a mud mark on its face exactly like in your picture of Rudi. Exactly in the same place, the same colour and the same shape. Is that a sign??

Once my Misty visited me (since she passed.) It was a winter afternoon, one of those days when in a sheltered spot the sun was warm. A lovely calm day. I felt bathed in love from Misty, and then suddenly got the impression of these words in my mind.
"It's okay to love another whenever your heart is ready."
I spoke those words out loud and said "Did you just tell me that??" The 'answer' I got was another touch of her love....almost like a "yes".... so I do believe somehow she did. I believe she responded to my words and is capable of that now.
I am convinced that's how they feel. Their love is so much wider since they left.

I also knew instantly that there was no pressure to do so either and it would be just as okay if I decided I didn't want to adopt again. It was ALL okay.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Everyone,
   I am truly overwhelmed by all of your beautiful and supportive responses. I cannot even think of the right words to say except to say Thank-you to all from the bottom of my heart!
  It is because of my dear girl Coco that I came to this forum. I have learned so much from having her in my life. I never realized all of the wonderful things she brought me, until she was gone. So, I found myself here, pouring out my heart and soul, crying for her and trying to figure it all out. I know that I would never have been able to get through a lot of things if I couldn't share how I feel with others that have lost their very special companion and are also willing to share their broken hearts. I am so incredibly blessed to have that opportunity here! It has been a tremendous help to me.
  Rudy is content at the edge of my bed as I write this. He is going to keep me busy again. Busy doing all of the things that I did with, and for my canine first love, Coco. The pitter patter of paws around the house feels good and familiar. It really feels like Coco's spirit is on Rudy. The minute he came into this house, it was if he was always here, as if Coco let him know how to behave. He moved around exactly the way she did, if only for a short while, until he got comfortable with himself.
  I still feel Coco around. It's as if she talks through the chimes and they tell me what to do. Rudy even listens to the chimes now. Yet her physical loss is still so heartbreaking. Death is surely the worst enemy. Nothing can change it. Nothing can bring them back. My heart will always hurt for her. I know we all know how it feels.
  Something lives through Rudy. Like Bella's mom so beautifully said, everytime I hug or kiss Rudy, it is like I am hugging and kissing my girl Coco. To love another is truly honoring the life and memory of that very special one. The one that taught us how to love, the gatekeeper of another soul in need.
   Again, Thank-you all for sharing, for helping me make sense of things, for providing support and comfort, and for allowing me to appreciate you're special furbabies!!...........hugs to all...Sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Andrea, what a beautiful boy Rudy is!  It sounds like things are working out for both of you.  I am so happy that you both have rescued each other.  It looks like we might get Jessie this weekend and I am actually kind of hoping it will work out with my other pups.  Cali's mom, who is an outside dog, seems lost without Cali being out with her part of the day so I am hopeful that she will be so happy having Jessie to run and bark at the neighbors dogs with her.  No other dog can ever fill the void left in Cali's absence, but I feel a great need for a tiny bit of happiness right now.   Give Rudy a big hug for me!
Alice
Quote 0 0