GoldenLove
My sweet girl,

It's been two years ago today, August 17th, that I had to say farewell to you.  The most gut wrenching thing I've ever had to do. The weeks leading up to that day were a roller coaster ride filled with sleepless nights, fear and total desperation. Ultimately, splenic hemangiosarcoma would take you away from me.

I miss you so much my beautiful, golden girl.  You were comical, carefree and always such a joy!  You walked as if you were on a Paris runway . . . one paw crossed in front of the other.  So prissy and girly!  You'd strut around with a new bone, toy or ball in your mouth, just as proud as you could be!  You were so fun loving . . . dancing and prancing around.  I always had to laugh when you'd give me that glare out of the corner of your eye as you strutted on by me.  So funny! Just one of the many endearing memories I have of you. Thank you so much for sharing your life with me. You meant the world to me my precious girl.  You brought so much love and joy to my life for 11 1/2 years. Now my days are filled with heartache and loneliness.

Goodnight my sweet angel. Momma loves and misses you so very much!

"To Where You Are"

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above

And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Performed by Josh Groban 
Songwriters: Linda Thompson, Richard Marx

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Beautiful words..  we never get over them, just have to go on without them until we are reunited.  Thank you for posting that.  God bless you and your Golden girl...hugs from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
GoldenLove
Dali's Mom,

You are right...we never get over them. Even after two years I am experiencing so much grief. The diagnosis of splenic hemangiosarcoma hit me from left field. The news was a complete shock! I wanted so much to save her, but couldn't. I lost her litter mate brother less than 10 months later In June, 2014. It's been so overwhelming to lose both my babies so close together. They were my two peas in a pod!

Your Dali is absolutely adorable. I've read many of your posts and your love for her shines bright. I am so sorry for your loss.

Keeping you and Dali in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0
GoldenLove
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY to you and your brother! I hope you two had a wonderful celebration with everything your hearts desired! I had planned to send you some balloons to celebrate your day, but it rained all day. I did light a candle for you though.

Momma misses you both so, so much! The days are long and lonely without you.

Please send me a sign soon my girl. I really need to know that you are near.

Love you my precious. Happy Birthday!

Momma

January 28, 2002
Quote 0 0