MayaSweetie

I wanted to share these pictures of my Maya (gray), who passed, and Romeo that I found when looking through my endless cat photos.  Romeo is so totally submissive to the girls.  He has never gotten into an all-out tussle with either of them, but the girls definitely gave him a whap a time or two, and he knew his place among the three of them.  Maya and Romeo, along with our other fur baby, mostly co-existed, but they played together at times.  Romeo often gets what I like to call bugs in the brain.  He’ll be sitting there one second, and the next, ZOOM, he’s off tearing across the yard and up a tree.   On this morning, he took off and Maya gave chase, as she sometimes did.  Up the tree behind him she went.  She took up her place on a branch below him, and he was stuck.  He did not want to pass her trying to get down.  So he circled around on the upper branches trying to find a “safe” way down.  He eventually made it down unscathed, only to stand at the base of the tree, looking up at her meowing.  She came down the tree, and ZOOM, up the next tree he went with Maya hot on his heels!  They played this game for about 10 minutes, then plopped down in the grass near each other.

It’s only been two days, but I already feel desperate to prevent my memories of her from fading.  It’s hard to look at her pictures, but it makes the sound of her purr and the feel of her fur more vivid in my mind.  I’m glad I came across this one as it gave me a good laugh at the memory and a break from the tears……if only for a moment.
  IMG_20140909_101133 (1).jpg  IMG_20140909_101307 (1).jpg 

Quote 0 0
MayaSweetie
My baby...
IMG_20140209_123721_457(1).jpg 
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
She's such a pretty girl and its a great story about her and Romeo playing in the trees.   I've thought about keeping a memory journal to write in now and to read later, when its less painful.  I'm also thankful for all my pictures of Charlie, even though they still make me cry right now.  I only have one picture of he and I together and I thought I had lost it long ago.  After digging around in the closet for quite some time I found it and was so happy that I hadn't thrown it out but it hurts to look at it but its on the book shelf by the bed anyway..

They're such very special babies and its hard to say goodbye.  I'm so sorry that you lost your sweet Maya.

hugs,
Tammy
Quote 0 0
MayaSweetie
I have started writing things down, like all the nicknames we had for her, the quirky things she did, her favorites, etc. I've also written down how I'm feeling. I think it does help by getting it out. Even though it's not being said out loud, it's getting out.

Being at home is definitely the worst time. Reminders everywhere. I am so very sorry to you as well. And I'm glad you found your picture of you two!

Maya's Mom
Quote 0 0
danzey
Your Romeo looks like my Teddy-Jo (who I still have), but your Maya; such a pretty girl.  Isn't it funny how we name them one thing and then end up calling them so many other nicknames.  They must think we're nuts.  My Boo (I actually named him Buster, but no way was he a Buster) didn't climb trees to much.  He had some back leg issues, but more then that I was always so afraid he'd just take off and I'd never see him again.  Now though I imagine him climbing the biggest tree ever (whenever he wants) and when he wants down he just jumps and slowly floats to the ground............danzey 
Quote 0 0
MayaSweetie
What a beautiful thought Danzey. To think of them whole again and no longer hurting gives me relief, and I hope it does you.
Quote 0 0