disease is a wretched thing and I pray that the doctors can somehow
find a cure for this terrible condition that people and animals suffer with
so desperately.  I love you Purrfect.  I will always love you and I will
never forget you.  You're in my heart and you're in my soul and I can
feel your spirit about me.  I just wish I could still hold you and feel your
soft warm body sleeping on my chest and purring so hard you vibrated
the whole bed and me along with it.  What a comfort it was to be so
privileged as to be able to spend time in your company.  A blessing, that's
what you were and still are and always will be.  I was blessed to have you.
Quote 0 0
Gertie
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I know you miss your beautiful Kitty, 9 years is a long time but not long enough.
I hope the pain will ease and the beautiful memories will make you smile again. I lost my beautiful 9 year old Lhasa Duncan 11 weeks tomorrow.
I know he is watching over me as your kitty is you. We will see them again one day. For now they are free from pain and exploring new pastures.
Thinking of you, Duncan's Mom.
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Im sorry for your loss of your baby boy, he was very young, and so was my sweet SADIE GIRL, she was my little Pomeranian and she left me too early too she was only 8 years old when I had to say goodbye to her and it broke my heart into 2 pieces, she took part of my heart with her when she passed away, she had diabetes for a while and did quite well but then her kidneys started showing signs of failing so I had to say goodbye to her, I couldn't let her suffer any more, she was my soulmate and best friend for life and now she is gone from my life and its been almost 3 years on dec 13 and I still cry for her and I still hurt really bad, it never goes away!!!!!! RIP SADIE GIRL MOMMY LOVES YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER. SADIESMOMMY
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Mollysdad
A blessing... I know how you feel with the not deserving to be sick. My Annie got sick. She wouldn't show it until she had no choice, but she got sick. She still tried to do all the things that were so easy to her when she was younger. In her last couple weeks I found myself catching her. Catching her when she jumped up onto the ledge at the vets office. Catching her when she jumped up into the car. She never wavered, she was so strong all the way through death.

I'm sorry you feel this way. It's a real bad pain that I would wish on few people, and certainly not any animals. But I feel blessed. Blessed to of known the few dogs I have become family with. They have truly been the best part of my life.
Quote 0 0
catman13
I understand your pain. It has been one month and a week since I lost my 9 year old cat without warning signs. I still miss him, but I am trying to deal with the loss. I have one other cat to look after. He's 10 years old, so I'll be watching for any little sign that something is wrong so I don't lose him too soon as well. Our pets are so special to us, that we often grieve for them the way we do people. Your emotions are real and valid. Take care.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
AnnieBirdseed
Hello and thank you all for writing and telling me about your beautiful babies.  I'm so very sorry
that you're suffering as I am.  It's astonishing to me that it's nearly been six months since I held
my wonderful cat and had the privilege of sleeping with him right on top of my chest as he purred
like a little motorboat.  I wish there was some way we could all just have a little visit with our beloved
pets, to know they're okay at the bridge and that we will all be together again when we too cross over.
I pray your babies all come to visit you in gentle dreams as often as possible.  I'm sorry we're all suffering
with this heartbreaking grief and mourning.  It hurts something terrible and I wouldn't wish it on
anybody.
Quote 0 0
catman13
I agree with you totally. I have read where some people report seeing a glimpse of their deceased pets. I sometimes look and listen for a sign from my cat that I miss dearly.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
My Misty has been gone 16 months now. I'll never be the same as I was when we shared together in this life. I miss her so much.

But you're right Purrfect's mom, because is is a great blessing that we were lucky enough to have known them and share with them.

Now, sometimes I sense my Misty, and know that is a visit. It is so definitely her....her character and energy, and love....and it makes me think that we might all get that sometimes, but just maybe not realize what it is! Because we can't actually see them or hear or touch them, we might miss those things. We might even think it's 'just us' just our own emotions overflowing -but you will know because your heart will feel the love, and their presence. I have learned, this last 16 months to really open up when I sense those sudden 'presences' from Misty. And there's been great comfort in it.
And what I have learned from her, and her loving happy energy, is that they ARE ok over the 'Bridge'. They really are. I might miss her (especially when she goes far away in between visits) -but I am NOT worried about her. She showed me that. 

I have personal proof Misty survived 'death'....of course I haven't got proof we will be re-united....but deep down my heart knows we will, trusts that we will -so long as there is love. I can't wait for that day, and am not scared of death any more. That's another gift she gave me.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
AnnieBirdseed
Dear Misty's Mama - you have personally brought me so much comfort since I lost my beautiful precious Purrfect cat.
That line you always post (Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home).
is one I keep in my own heart.  I understand it in some sort of a way to goes beyond words or even thinking.  It's a
truth of some kind that my soul recognizes as such and I do indeed hold on to that light.  I don't know if I told you this
story but my poor little fella had problems with a little diarrhea and hated to be cleaned.  I can't blame him as sometimes
his heine would be tender and he didn't want it rubbed etc.  So I learned how to distract him while I cleaned him.  I'd hold
his bird wand toy with one hand while I wiped him with the other. Anyway, these grooming wipes have a scent - green tea
is what it's called.  I didn't really care for it and had begun using a different one but since he passed, I bought the green
tea wipes and every time I smell that old, familiar scent, it's like he's right there with me.  I sleep every night with this
little fake black cat in my neck and there's a little piece of a grooming wipe there too that smells like Purrfect is right
there and the hair on the black cat actually feels like his hair.  It is a great comfort.  However, my husband said that I
am keeping my grief too fresh that way and that sadness is the price.  Well, I'll just have to deal with it then because
I am very grateful to be able to smell that smell.  I can't even believe it, that it's going on six months already since I
last saw him and touched him and slept with all twenty four pounds of him on top of my chest and vibrating my person
like a motorboat of love.  I will always love you and I will never forget you Purrfect. 
Quote 0 0
AnnieBirdseed
Oh my goodness.  I just finally drummed up the courage to begin to read Misty's Life After Death.  You are indeed a most gifted
and wonderful writer.   These are holy stories.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I understand what you mean about the grooming wipes. I have a certain washing/laundry powder which always reminds me of Misty! I will not use any other brand except that one! I also take her picture up to bed with me every night, and say exactly the same words to her as I used to say when we went up to bed. In my opinion, these things are OK, and not  'nutty' things to do. We know instinctively that those little things help to open our hearts just a little bit to keep us in touch with them. And there's no harm in that. When our hearts open up like that, we end up sending them an emotional message. And they hear/sense it. It's our way of keeping in touch with their essence and character. It wouldn't matter if you slept with a grooming wipe every night for the rest of your life!
I can understand how your husband is seeing it. He thinks it's keeping your grief 'raw', and that you should 'move on'. That's just a different viewpoint. Yes, we do all have to get on with our lives without our dear ones' physical presence, but that doesn't mean we have to lose all contact with them emotionally and spiritually.

About Misty's life after death story. I wrote exactly what happened. At first, when I was given this contact with her, I wasn't sure if I should keep it secret -just between me and Misty. But then I got a strong instinct we should share it. And I have received many emails from people all over the world, saying how Misty has brought them some hope and comfort in their own grief. 
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0