BbDgtl
17 years ago, a timid and shy kitten tumbled out of a pillow sack haphazardly handed to me by callous hands. They named him Paige, unique for a boy cats name but I decided to keep it. Years pass, miles are traveled and he remained my little gray shadow. 

I'm 34 now and I just got home from our last trip together. His passing was quick and painless and although I know he was suffering, I miss him so very much. I think there's something special between a person and their pet when they transition from children into adulthood together. I feel like a large part of my heart has suddenly gone cold.. 

His name was Paige, but I never called him that. Mostly Petey, sometimes Pitty, Kitty, Pitty-Kitty or somesuch mishmash of cutesy words. His favorite food was string cheese.

I will never forget him. 
Quote 0 0
AllysMom
I am so sorry for your loss.  What you wrote about Paige was just beautiful and said so much about how much you loved him.  I and everyone on this site understands the pain you are going through.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ally's Mom - Karen
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Paige.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
BbDgtl
Thank you both so much for the kind words. Susan, what you said about breathing because you have no choice but living will take time really hit home.. When we were left in the room with Petey after the vet was finished, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball not exist anymore.. I don't know how to function at home without a ball of fur attached to me somewhere..
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I know. Grief is very difficult.
We all understand here and we all care about you here.
I wanted to curl up with Bear inside the casket. He is big at 84
pounds and I am little so I would have probably fit. But these things cannot be.
I could feel him with me. Paige is with you also.
Where else would he want to be other than with the one he loves so very much.
You are both in my thoughts
My Love to You.
Susan
Quote 0 0