becky777
I'm hoping someone can help me learn how to cope. My 9 year old cockapoo, Pebbles, was hit by a car this week. I loved that dog with all my heart and I'm having a hard time coping because I feel so much guilt. I feel guilt because I didn't go outside with her and keep her in our yard and I feel guilt because I feel like I haven't shown her near as much attention since my first child was born 3 years ago. She was my shadow, followed me everywhere. At times I was a little irritable with her because I think I just took my frustration/stress out on her. Hindsight is 20/20 and I feel absolutely awful. I didn't get to say goodbye, I didn't get to say sorry for being a grumpy mom at times. Ugh Can anyone else relate?

I miss everything about her. I never felt heartache like this in my entire life.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Well I sure can relate.  I know exactly how you feel.  It has been 8 weeks for me and I am still RAW and bleeding.  Molly was my heart and soul and as much as she showed me she loved me, I loved her right back.  She too followed me around the house and sometimes it was annoying and then I felt ashamed of myself too since all she wanted was to be with me and Lord knows I NEEDED her.

This site is filled with the most wonderful nonjudgmental people in the whole world.  If there is to be any comfort for you to be found, you will find it here.  At least you know that all of us are suffering as you are and all of us manage to find a way to feel guilty about something too. 

You are a young Mom and that is a BIG responsibility.  I know, I was a Single Mom for 22 years and your child HAS to come first that is just the way it is.  I'm sure you didn't neglect your little  Pebbles needs, you wouldn't be grieving like you are if you didn't love her.  Try to go easy on yourself.   It does seem to help to talk things out and there are so many people here with so many different experiences that you will get whatever help there is by just being here.

Don't be afraid to let it all out. NO ONE here will judge you ever.  Sending you hugs and take care of yourself.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
becky777
Thanks so much for your reply! It really means a lot. I'm sorry you lost your precious Molly. Pets teach us so much about love and I think a lot of my grief has to do with regrets and guilt but we had so many great times together. These last 3 years I've been a stay-at-home mom so I have been with her 24/7. I hope things get easier for you. It sure does help knowing we are not in this alone. Thanks again!
Quote 0 0