BeachieGirl33
To my Little - you have been gone to Rainbow Bridge for 9 weeks now.  It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that you are really gone.  You were my "once in a life time" kitty.  You were my best friend, my heart and soul, my everything.  I miss you more than any words can say.  The hurt and ache are still here and I don't think I will ever get over losing you.  But I know you are at the Rainbow Bridge with Batman.  He's probably aggravating you like he always did!  You are well now and those horrible cancer lumps are gone.  You were handsome to me even when you lost all that weight and had those hateful lumps but now I know you are your old self again.  Your things are still here and we light your candle everyday.  Please send me a sign that you and Batter are ok and happy.  I  think I see you sometimes out of the corner of my eye and sometimes I hear your meow.  I hope you aren't upset at us for getting Kitty.  He is not here to take your place.  He has helped us to smile again and given us a reason to go on every day.  But never, ever is he a replacement for you.  You could never be replaced in a million years.  Your Dad is having a hard time too and is really missing you today.  We both still cry for you. We both love you to Rainbow Bridge and back and then back again. 

Run free and play with the Angels my sweet Little.

We love you and miss you forever!

Mom and Dad

In memory of Little - Feb. 4, 1998 - Feb.  24, 2016
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
What a beautiful (and sad) letter to Little! I'm sorry for the pain you and Little's dad are both feeling. My husband and I were both devastated when we lost our Bailey. Perhaps he and Little have met up and become friends. Bailey was a little shih tzu but he always loved cats!!

Anniversaries are so tough! Thinking of you today. :)

MJ
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
Hello and God Bless your "heart!"   I take it and give it to the Good Lord for care and comfort during this time.   He was the only Person to help me through the 1st 30 days of my precious kitty loss.  Oh my, how I had to rely on the Good Promises of the Word of God.   It was crushing, so we know "out here" what it is like.   It doesn't matter that it will get better, it hurts NOW!  The fact that my precious and your precious is in the lap of God, helped me immensely!  It's not in the mind, it's for real according to the Bible.  Animals have souls created by the Creator.  As much as you can, get a vision of your beloved in the lap of God!  Bless your heart.... Vicki 
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
Thank you so much MJ for your thoughts  -  means a lot to me. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.  I hope you are doing better.  Maybe our babies have become friends at Rainbow Bridge.  For some reason today (Thursday) has been a hard day for me.  It feels like I'm back at week 1 again.  I have been crying and missing Little so much today.  I wish he was still here but I know that can't happen.  I look at the new Kitty and wonder if I made a mistake adopting him.  I feel like God sent him to us to help get us through since we were having  such a hard time.  I just don't know what to think anymore.  I feel like I'm going backwards again.  I'm just so sad most of the time.  All I know is that I miss Little with all of my broken heart.

To Vicki - thank you for your thoughts.  I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty. And I hope you are doing better. I have read the book There is Eternal Life for Animals by Niki Behrikis Shanahan.  So I know God will provide for our babies in Heaven.  If I didn't have God I wouldn't have gotten through losing Little even though I am still having a hard time.  It's just that my heart is broken and it hurts so bad.  We had decided not to get another kitty because the hurt is so much when you lose them.  But I went and adopted this kitten because I thought God sent him to us and he is a rescue kitty so I thought I was doing a good thing for the kitty also.  He has helped my husband a lot and he has helped me too.  He has made us smile but sometimes I look at him and wish Little was still here.  Now I'm scared something will happen to him too.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.  I'm just having a bad day today I guess.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Betty
Quote 0 0