MomOfBelle
I lost my Belle the day before Thanksgiving.  I had her for 15 years and 2 1/2 months.  She was my everything.  I have a medical condition that has made me a hermit for the last couple of years and Belle was my lifeline.  I still can't pack away her toys, blankets, and clothes.  A few people told me to get another dog, but I don't want anyone but her.  I've lost dogs before but this one is really hard on me.  I'm no longer a religious person, so I don't have that to comfort me anymore.  The guilt over her dying is killing me.  I just want peace and I don't think I will ever have it again.
shirley
Quote 0 0
So sorry for your loss of your fur baby please allow yourself to trust in the Lord again. He will give you peace John 3:16 says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life God Bless please read Matthew 7 :1
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
Yes!  I know the pain is worse at this point, I was somewhat numb or in denial for a bit, I was able to solider on initially.  But then it all came crashing over me like a wave.  Please google "the Ball in the box" theory of grief.  I think you will find it applies to you.  For now hang on, any way you can.  Distract yourself with TV if you can... Music, anything.  Sob when you need to.  Give yourself permission to feel anyway that you do.  Don't listen to anyone else tell you that you need to move on or replace.  
I too have a medical condition leaving me home more than I would like, I am still managing to go to work, because I have to support my daughter, but other than that I am home and I lost my constant companion Roary this summer.
If you look back at my former posts you might see your trajectory is similar to mine.  
Also daybydaypetsupport.com has a hotline you can call if you want to speak to someone trained in pet loss grief.
Don't pack anything away if you don't want to.  You don't have to do a damn thing that doesn't work for you.
AR
Quote 0 0
MomOfBelle
Thank you redgirlraven for your support.  I had never heard of the ball in the box theory.  It explains a lot.  Thanks for posting the hotline.  I will give them a call.  I am so close to losing it completely.  Nobody understands how much pain I'm in.  Thanks for the help.
shirley
Quote 0 0
Nechemiahsmom
Sorry for your loss. I lost my Nico 6 weeks ago after a long illness. I only had him 3 years and he was sick off/on for 2 of those years. I can't imagine how you're feeling with the years you had with your pup. Unlike you, I put his things away, but won't step on the spot I found him passed on. I still am finding it difficult to turn over in my bed and not picture him deceased next to my bed. It is very hard, but I don't deny my feelings or push the hurt down. I allow myself to feel and then continue my tasks. You must try to take baby steps when you're ready and not a moment before. I had a pup who passed in 2016. Just two days ago, I looked through a bin of her belongings, picked out a few to wash, and gave one of her sweaters away to someone who really loved their pup in the sweater. It felt good seeing someone happy like I was when my pup wore the sweater.
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Redgirlraven I just read the ball in the box theory. Yesterday was 3 weeks since my dog Cody passed. The box must have tipped over and the ball must have landed smack dab on that button and sat there because I cried more than I ever have in my whole life including the passing of my parents and when my boy originally passed. Sometimes I think I'm going bonkers.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0