Dalidog
7 weeks ago today the light of my life left me.  How I hate Saturdays now and always will.  A Saturday will never come around the rest of my life that I don't think of that day 7 weeks ago when my Dali left so suddenly.  So hard.  All I can do now is thank God for the time he gave me with her.  Thank you my baby for the unconditional love and all the laughter you gave me.  I am trying to think of the memories that were so special.  Every minute with you was special and always will be.  Today I remembered when you were with me at a friends who had a small fish pond with lillypads.  You were groomed and beautiful as always.  You were curious.  You stuck one paw on a lillypad and then decided it was sturdy.  So you stepped out on it and sank like a rock.  I laughed and laughed at you and walked my soaking wet baby home.  That memory made me smile.... thank you Dals for everything.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
That made me laugh, I can imagine how that might've looked. I love remembering the funny, quirky things Lucy did. Isn't it amazing that each and every animal has their own unique personality? Keep writing about Dali. Remember her mannerisms and her favorite things to do. Keep laughing about the silly things she did because she would want you to smile when you think of her. Hoping your day is a little more bearable.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
I lost Benni on a Saturday and where I used to look forward to them, now I dread them. It was the day to spend with Benni. He loved sleeping in, eating breakfast, and going to the park. This is the first weekend I've thought to myself what will I ever do without him. I declined many social outings just so I could hang out with him. We live next to his best friends, 3 weiner dogs, so he always had such a great time with them at home. This tiny lil 16lb soul taught me how to be selfless and patient and to laugh at myself. He always did silly things. He was such a lil ham. I feel uncomfortable with the holidays coming up. Thanksgiving was his favorite for obvious reasons. One year he snatched a dinner roll and ran. :) I smile when I think of him.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I'm sorry for the loss of your Benni, Lilimarie.  I know just how you feel about Saturdays.  I don't know how I can ever look forward to a Saturday again.  Don't think that will ever happen.  Also the holidays.  I always fixed my Dali a plate on Thanksgiving and she always knew it would come.  Not cooking this year.  Always had a real Christmas tree....not this year.  Maybe a small silver one or something.  Every year I would dress her up and put her under the tree for pics.  Always had dog treats under there for her and she knew it.  How do we get through it?  Love the story about the dinner roll, it made me smile.  Like you, I don't know what will I ever do without my baby.  Never knew this grief would be so hard, but then again, I knew I was lucky to have my baby, just not how lucky.  I think back and would do anything to go back to those days.  Our babies do teach us so much.  Saturday will always be a day of mourning for me.  You take care of yourself and smile when you think of Benni.

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I understand about hating the day your babies left you. Unfortunately for me, I have lost six fur babies, as well as my mother and father, and I only have two days left in the week where I haven't lost something precious to me. My Solly died on a Monday, my black cat Ebony died on a Monday, and my mother died on a Monday too. I can't hate all days as life would be unbearable, and it's bad enough right now as it is, but I do appreciate how you feel.

Last Christmas, I put up a tree for the first time since I lost my mother in June 2000. Solly and Gonzo loved it and I was so looking forward to putting the tree up again this year and seeing their wonderful faces. Now, I have lost them, there will be no tree this year. I couldn't bear seeing it every day complete with decorations and fairy lights because Christmas is going to be a nightmare without adding more grief. In fact, I will be relieved when the festive season is over. I'm dreading it, as it just won't be the same without my adorable friends.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry you lost two babies in one year.  I totally understand the Christmas tree thing, I know I won't be having one this year.  I took pride every year that I had a large "REAL" tree, but never again.  Maybe one day a small fake one, but the joy of the season is gone for me.  I have lost many fur babies and both my parents, nephews, friends, etc.  but none stuck out on me like my Dali.  Probably because I got her at a time in my life when I was lonely, my kids had grown, and I had moved many times.  Both my parents had already passed (one when I was 25, the other when I was 30).  I honestly don't remember the day of the week any of my losses left, but then I didn't live with them 24/7 when they left and didn't take care of them and them me.  Losing my Dali was like losing my heart or a small child who depended on you and that you loved to take care of.  I don't know how to get past this right now.  I will be so happy when the holidays are over.  Maybe next year I can be a bit more positive.  I know my Dali would not like me to be sad, as she only made me happy and that was her mission in life.  I can't imagine the depth of your losses in such a short time.  I hope you are doing okay....

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0