phalaris14
How do you go on knowing that you will never again—not ever, ever—see the person you have loved? How do you survive a single hour, a single minute, a single second of that knowledge? How do you hold yourself together?
—Howard Jacobson

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
–Dr. Seuss

Oh Lottie -da it seems like years instead of seven weeks. I miss you so much. Only now do I truly understand what an integral part you were in my life. My cigar walks consist of me going through the motions;remembering the good... living the sad.The worst part is talking to fellow walkers who enquire about your whereabouts. Instant knife to the heart. I still laugh about how many times I had to carry your " deposit " around in a plastic bag. I think you did it on purpose just to test me. Fine. I am still pulling poop sacks out of jacket pockets every week.
   Please Little Girl come visit me in my dreams. Help me in my closure. When I think of my life without you ... it is like chaos inside of my whole body. I know that emotionally I will survive this transition of being without you. That makes me sad because Lady -girl... you are worth every tear that has been shed. [image] 

When a friend of Abigail and John Adams was killed at Bunker Hill, Abigail’s response was to write a letter to her husband and include these words, My bursting heart must find vent at my pen.

—David McCullough

[image]
Quote 0 0
LukeyBoy
Bret,  oh my goodness, I loved this post.  That last line really got me (crying too). Yes it's hard to find a new routine isn't it? I remember those walks carrying the poop bag home, and used to think the same thing, he was testing me, because he seemed to wait until we were just far enough from the house that I couldn't stop back by the house, but soon enough that I had to carry it for another mile or two before we got back home. my solution was to take him to the dog park or play in the backyard instead of walking. My girls still took him for daily walks after school, although I don't think they were as 'environmentally friendly'. 

I shared a post on my thread and talked about you and your Lady. Love your line, 'remembering the good, living the sad'.  Take care my friend and be encouraged you are not alone on this journey!!
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing….

—Elizabeth Gilbert

Grief is a normal and natural response to loss. It is originally an unlearned feeling process. Keeping grief inside increases your pain.

—Anne Grant

[image]
Quote 0 0