ShadowDad
It was almost 7 months ago that my worst nightmare happened.  I lost the love of my life, my hero, my soul mate, my best friend Shadow.  We had 15 years together, but now I look back and those years went so fast.  I am lost and trying to find my way now in a world that I really don't like being in.  My soul yearns for my girl.  I feel like I am just surviving and not living.  You changed me, you changed my life and I loved you more than words can say.  I miss you beautiful and I try to remember what touching you felt like, giving you kisses, and just being with you.  I felt so helpless in your last week's because I would have traded my life for yours, but there was too much wrong, and nothing else I could do.  I tried everything.  You were too weak to have surgery or chemo.  I lost my child.  To anyone going through this, the daily hell you go through is unbearable.  All I can do is think about my girl all day every day.  My life is really just sad now.   Occasionally I will laugh at something, but then my thoughts are back to my girl knowing she is not with me.  God I pray that your promise of heaven is real, and that our babies are invincible in your love now.  Because is our babies aren't in heaven, then what is heaven for?  My heart goes out to all suffering in the loss of their angel.  Mine was Shadow.  My baby girl.
Quote 3 0
BoxerMomForever
I am sorry and totally understand.  Tomorrow  8 months, our girl passed.  Really I can’t believe it has been that long. I still talk to her every day, I know she is looking over me.  I would be so much happy she was still here but healthy.  Her birthday is coming up too, ughh, that’s going to be hard.... hang in there, that’s all we can do. Last time our dog passed, after 3 Months I had a new dog.  It did help with the grief.  Not this time we are no way ready, I have no reason to look for another .  To be honest, she was special and such a well behaved dog, not sure we will get another close to her.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
It's so wonderful when you find that one animal that you have such a bond with but so devastating when you have to say goodbye. I know that I can not even consider getting another dog because no dog could ever be as perfect for me as my Cody. It's been five months and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my little white shadow, how much I want to hold him and have him healthy here with me again.  Cody was such a good boy and so very happy all the time. He was the BEST DOG EVER.  My little boy made me a better person and gave me so much joy that I am grateful for the 11 years we had together but I wish I could have had so many more. I too pray with all my heart that when my time comes I will be with my Cody and never have to say goodbye again.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
I had a similar experience. It's been 7 months since my girl left me. It's just not right. It's not fair...I break down once a month and then it passes. We were together for 15 years and she was my best friend. I'm the only one out of my family who is still torn up. I'm balling right now. I just loved her so much and now I have to go on without her. 
Quote 0 0
Patch_Mom
ShadowDad, I completely relate to your message - literally word for word, and my baby had just turned 15 (though I'm at 4 months).  I feel like a lost my child too.  I have to be careful who I say that around as some seem to take offense, but I DID lose my child.  I'm so very sorry for your loss, and all of us on here understand your pain.  I too feel like the time went so fast - having a very hard time with that myself.  It was a blink of an eye and I was not ready to say goodbye - that too happened all so fast.  Sending you big hugs.   
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
I can resonate with everybody’s personal journey of grief on here and to be honest I’m not sure if coming on here is doing my emotional state any good as all of your sad losses has had my eyes flowing like a waterfall but in a strange way it does give me a little comfort knowing that we are all suffering the same traumatic loss of our beloved pets.

Love Runningman xx
Quote 0 0
RonLosAngeles
I agree with Runningman66.        These posts have me full on crying.   I lost my doggie Dylan on December 11 and there are times when it feels like yesterday.  The sadness is excruciating.   He was 14 1/2.     This was Dylan in 2005 soon after I brought him home.   I want to thank all of you for posting.  It really does help to see that other people are still struggling with their loss after quite a while. dylan  28oct05 for upload.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
He’s beautiful and 14 1/2 is a very good age.Would have loved another 4yrs with my boy but it wasn’t to be.Enough sadness from me for one day.

Love Runningman xx
Quote 0 0
RonLosAngeles
I know what you mean...... I really fell apart a while ago.  I've been thinking about looking up a grief group.... so I just stumbled on this post today. Thanks for sharing.                 Ron
Quote 0 0