Lamont
...the loss of our dear Bertie is still painful. Not quite as sharp and deep as the first few months, but the dull ache set in a while ago, and still there is no day that I don't miss my little furball.

It does "get better", if you can call it that, but there are still those times of day when we miss her little chores, telling us when to get ready for bed, when to get up, and and it was treat time.

We could pretty much set our clocks by her punctual appearances at those special times.

She will always be in our hearts, no doubt about it.
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
So sorry for your loss. The dull pain is our new normal. The pain doesn't go away, it just transforms and stays with us forever. Our fur babies are special and will never be forgotten, they are forever in our hearts.
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi I remember you when I first joined the group it's been 6 and a half months since I lost my best friend Macky .
Your right the deep horrific pain does subside but is replaced with a dull non stop missing and with me I feel I'm no longer the same person I was before I lost Macky .
Some days it's more painful for me and I really long to cuddle and kiss my baby
I can laugh and do things now I once couldn't but I still feel the guilts if find myself really truly enjoying myself and I feel bad like I shouldn't be enjoying myself or being happy .
I've came to the conclusion that yes in time it does get better but I will forever be changed after loosing Macky and I'm ok with that because it means he imprinted on my heart , my soul .
I'm sorry for your loss and i hope you get some peaceful days ahead
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
I forgot to say that one thing I really miss is chatting to my boy and him being there to listen
I really miss my chats to him
Quote 0 0