Leahbeahis
Yesterday marked 6 weeks since I lost my best friend, Lucy. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her so much it hurts. I'm still in shock. I still can't believe this is my life now. For 10 years I said the same things (come on, Luc Luc!, Good morning, Lucy!, You're such a good girl!, I love you little girl!, etc) daily. Now, it feels weird not to say them. It doesn't feel right that she isn't here, that I'm not a dog owner anymore. The day I picked Lucy's medical summary up from the vet, I went through the isles at the dog store one last time. I couldn't help but cry at the thought that I no longer have a reason to be there because there is no Lucy at home waiting for a gift. I used to be a regular. I'd give anything to hold her again, pet her again, kiss her again and look into her eyes and tell her I love her. I miss my baby so much. She was my girl. I can't believe she is gone. I'm having a hard time accepting this.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I feel your pain, I swear I feel like life is mocking me I see all this cute toys and outfit and i think to myself oh that would be cute on Milo then I remember there is no Milo. I don't if it's because of the holiday maybe that's why we're getting more sad because our fur babies are not here with us. Your baby Lucy is beautiful if her and Milo would of met they would of been best pals. Take care maybe someday will see our babies again.
Quote 0 0
my2girls
It's 7 weeks since we lost our Coco and Sophie. Our fur babies are so special it is hard when your daily life changes so much when they are suddenly not there. Hoping time will help heal the sadness.
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Leahbeahis, how are you doing? I'm still going through the motions with no heart these days. This is the busiest time of year at work and I remember how I would always make arrangements for Benni while I worked long hours. I come home now this time of year and he's gone. Anytime I see anything on the floor it looks foreign now. It's only something I've dropped or fell. No more toys and craziness scattered around as evidence he's been playing while I'm away from home. My heart has never felt so broken. I'm starting the new year as a single girl and even that I look forward too. It's Benni that broke my heart forever. I just want him back so badly. I still can't make sense of why he's gone. I feel the same as you do about the pet store. I even have something I have to return and I'd rather lose the $$ then go back. That was our store. He always accompanied me and got to pick out a new treat every trip. I've noticed at the end of every week I usually breakdown and once Saturday hits I'm inconsolable. I understand exactly how you feel. I am no longer a dog owner either. Sending peace and love to you and Lucy.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and for the words of comfort. Mymilo, I'm sure they are playing together now. I don't know how it works but I'd guess that they get to meet all the other fur babies and play/relax with them. My2girls, I'm sorry you lost Coco and Sophie. I don't believe I've read their story but I'd like to. Lilimarie, isn't it the worst? I can imagine that it would be hard for you to have to get through all of those life changes while still managing to work, especially right around the Holidays. I'm sure Benni wouldn't be anywhere except in your lap or playing right next to you if he could. He would be there to go through any life change with you. I know we'll get better at managing the pain as time goes on, but I just can't see my life without Lucy. As far as I'm concerned, my life started when I picked Lucy up for the first time ever. We started the first chapter of my adult life together. She's been there through everything since. She grew older with me. Now I'm just supposed to go on. I'm not ready to let go. My heart hurts for you too Lilimarie, because I know what it's like to have the honor of sharing your life with such a loving and devoted chihuahua, and I also know how devastating it is to lose your baby suddenly and unexpectedly in an accident. Those spunky little dogs put zest into our lives, and showed us the meaning of life in their eyes. Oh, those big beautiful bug eyes and those silly bat ears, those were my favorite parts on Lucy. They showed such expression! I'm sorry you don't have your sweet Benni there to celebrate this new chapter in your life with you. Let's just get through the Holidays as best we can. Our babies want us to be happy because they love us so much.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
my2girls
Oh, when you talk about their eyes and bat ears I just cry. I loved looking at their cute little faces. They would actually smile a lot of the time. Wishing you blessings this holiday season.
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Leahbeahis, you are so correct about the expressive faces..the big bat ears and the big eyes. I loved loved loved his nose, too. He would always twitch it. We would sit and play the staring game until he usually gave in and licked my face. I'm sure you and Lucy shared some of the same bonding games. Lucy was so adorable. The sweetest face. I know her love made you the person you are today. I know Benni taught me so many new lessons in life. Because of him, I've become a more patient, understanding and nurturing person. He was such a gift. I rescued him on my Birthday. He weighed 2 lbs and was 5 weeks old. He was the tiniest puppy I'd ever seen. He looked so sad. It was 90+ degrees outside and a homeless looking couple had him with them walking around in the heat. I was with friends out to celebrate my bday. As I walked past Benni, I took one look at him and circled back around for him. I took him out of their hands and held him and I never gave him back. We didn't even make out. We immediately returned home to get him comfortable and Set up. I started looking for a home for him, but after 2 weeks, I was in love. I was not even a dog person, but something came over me to help him. I'll never forget that sad face. Obviously, within days after, that changed. He smiled with his eyes and tail forever after that. And he was a feisty little thing. That was the most amazing day of my life. It was the day I learned what pure love felt like. My neighbor(best friend) would sneak him out of his crate back to her place when I was still sleeping in the mornings. :) We all fell in love with him. So, I understand you when you say how will you ever live without Lucy?? I feel like we were cheated so many years without them. The night I lost Benni, I told my friends as I was in tears, Benni changed my life as I know Lucy did to yours. I'm wishing you a wonderful Holiday season with your loved ones, Leahbeahis. And, I know Lucy and Benni will be watching over us with all their love. When I left my house for travel this morning, I put Benni's bone in his stocking. It was the only decoration I put up for Christmas this year. Their spirit will always live inside us. Bless you and your family, Leahbeahis and of course your precious little Lucy. ❤️
Quote 0 0