Marie123 Show full post »
September
Hello Marie. How are things with you and your little ones? I hope they are behaving themselves. It’s been a long time. I don’t go to the forum because it’s so upsetting reading the stories. I am fine. We still have no bunny but I think I am ready now, and my hubby isn’t disagreeing with me, but we have to make things bunny friendly again around the house. I would have liked to have adopted one for Christmas, but we will have to wait a little longer. I’m a bit apprehensive because of Timothy, but I suppose if we dwell on it too much it would never happen.

We are hoping to go to see our adoptive donkeys in the new year. The sanctuary has a webcam so we can keep an eye on them!

Anyway, I thought I would check in on you. I hope you are Ok.

Best wishes
Lynda
Xxx

"The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal"      C.S. Lewis
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Lynda! So great to hear from you! We're all doing pretty well here. I still have sudden fits of missing Raven, especially with Christmas on its way. But being involved with the rescue really helps. We've bought lots of toys and made donations for all the bunnies there and it's really helped make it feel more like a holiday. Curtis and the kitties are fantastic. He's becoming more and more of a free roaming bun, hopping all over the living room. I only put him in his (huge) dog crate at night or if I'm gone for the day because I don't quite trust my cats when I can't supervise. I can't believe how caring for him has become second nature to me now! My friend adores her bunny Olive too. We feel so blessed to have them.
I don't come here as much as I probably should either because I just cry every time. I keep in touch with a few people but the pain just is too much. My heart goes out to all these people and their sweet loved ones though.
I hope you get your bunny soon. I'm so in love with Curtis I'm starting to wonder how I made it without him! They're just the most amazing and underrated animals ever. Ditto for donkeys, I've always loved them. That's so sweet you have a "donkey cam" to watch them with! If I had the resources I'd have so many more animals.
I'm so excited to hear from you again! I'll get in touch with you before Christmas with any luck. Hopefully soon another bun will find his/her way into your heart.
I'll be in touch again soon. Sending hugs your way from all of us here 🙏🐰🎄🎅🎀
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Today would have been Raven's birthday. It was definitely a day of ups and downs. I can't say that it gets easier. I can only say that I've learned to live with the emptiness. Raven was the glue that held us together, my co-pilot, my wing woman. Without her it feels like everything has gone to blazes sometimes. But I'm so very glad I adopted my little Curtis, one of the most beautiful rabbits I've ever seen. He's been such a blessing that I truly believe Raven led me to this poor, sad looking bunny at the shelter. In a way, she lives on in him. And I feel her nearby, always watching over us. I just wish I could see and touch her again, especially on cold wet nights like this.
Happy Birthday in heaven, dear Raven. Words alone will never express how much I love you and miss you. Celebrate and have fun, but please, don't forget the fun we had here together. Thank you for sending me Curtis. I'm so thankful for him and I cherish him as I did you. You knew I needed to love again so you led me to him. But I'll never stop loving you, and I'll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms once more.
I love you, Raven, aka Termite, aka Baldy, aka Raisin, now and forever 🎂🎁🎈🎈🎈🎉🍧🎁
Quote 0 0