Dalidog Show full post »
Dalidog
Thanks so much Danzey. I know how hard is it for all of us, we all have that pain and grief.  I'm sorry you are having a difficult time, there are no words anyone can say to make it better.  We just want our angels back and know that is not possible on Earth.  I know what you mean about the time.  Time has taken on a new meaning to me.  Sometimes I call my Dali out of instinct, fully expecting her to come to me and then I realize she isn't coming and how long it has been since I had her with me.  That is so hard.  Then other days I look at her picture and wonder why it seems like forever since she was here.  I take such comfort with those who understand, as no one can understand if they haven't experienced that love and loss.  I will be at the candlelighting ceremony Monday.  It gives me great comfort and makes me feel closer to my girl.  Hugs to you and everyone on the forum and all their angels..from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Dalidog wrote:
Thanks Beesmom...so true
Our pets help us to be better people and they bring us a level of love that can never be replaced.  Dali is my closest friend, constant companion and will always be a part of me.  I grieve for her, but I am the one who is lost.  I wonder who own who?  She definitely had me wrapped around her long flag tail.   When I see a beautiful day, a pet walk by, or something I want to buy for her, I cry because I can't give it to her, let her experience it, or watch her play.  It is so sad and so permanent on this earth.  But, one day, we will all be reunited and then maybe we will learn why life is so cruel.  When you get a pet you are opening up your heart for that heartbreak, but it is worth it.  Once in a while that special soulmate pet enters your life and you know it, like no other pet you ever had, and it is worth all the crying and grieving..they come to us and we take care of them for the rest of their lives not the rest of ours in most cases.  I thank God every day, despite still be angry, that I was given the gift of Dali.   Hugs to you and Bee...from me and my Dali
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Dali's mom

Thinking of you at this six month mark. My heart goes out to you and no words I write can convey what I'm feeling at this time. Hope peace finds you.

Dali is a beautiful girl and both of you were blessed to have each other. I feel blessed to have you and the others at this forum.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thanks so much Scooters mom..  I know you are bearing the same cross as I am, yet you take time to comfort me.  Thanks so much.  Our angels changed our lives and taught us so much about life, death, loss, compassion.  I am forever indebted to my Dali for her love.  I hope you are doing okay, none of us have it easy, we just do the best we can.  Hugs to you and scooter from me and dali

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
Graceful

Dear Dali's Mom,

I just have to tell you about an experience I had yesterday.  I hope it will bring a smile to your face; it did to mine.  I do, in a general sense, have "uncanny" experiences quite often.  The one I had yesterday is definitely meant to be shared with you and Dali. 

First, especially on the 6-month mark of Dali's passing, I want to say that Dali sounds like she was, and always will be, a treasure to you, and to those that were fortunate enough to spend time with her.  She was "your girl", no question.  Reading about the way she suddenly and unexpectedly passed to eternity is very tragic, and I want to say how sorry I am for your sorrow, and for your loss.    Please don't ever doubt that she passed without knowing she was loved and adored and appreciated by you.   You were a fabulous Mom in all manner of speaking and showered Dali with love throughout her life.     I do not come to the forum very often, and will not be creating a thread for my beloved kitty, Twirlie, who passed to eternity of pancreatic cancer on December 30th (3 months tomorrow).   You know the way you have clarity that you will not adopt another dog?  I have the same clarity that a thread for my Twirl is not the way he and I communicate, but I find a lot of solace and comfort on this forum, so I do drop by from time to time.  It is a gift to have this forum, and to be able to share our grief among kindred spirits. 

As for yesterday ... I was on the forum, giving some input to LM's Mum, and saw your (this) thread.  I was feeling sad for you, and thought I would return to add a few thoughts later in the day.    After running a few errands, I was on my way home and began to think of you and Dali, and then, my mind drifted to thinking about the Dalai Lama, and the book, "The Art of Happiness" which is a book of conversations, meditations, and stories (wonderful book).   I was thinking that I never knew that Dali's dog breed originated in Tibet until I read about it in one of your threads, and how much I appreciated learning that from you and Dali; it's an extremely interesting feature to her breed.   I really wanted to get home, but at the last minute, decided to pull into a gas station and put gas in my car.   I had just started to pump the gas, when I saw someone approach me from the right side; I looked up and it was a MONK! You have no idea what was going through my mind when I saw him ...

He looked almost exactly like the Dalai Lama, same glasses, very similar facial features (but younger), and he had an orange and saffron robe on under his jacket, as it was freezing out.   He wanted to give me some literature (no problem), but he then asked me for some time and since I do have a policy not to speak to strangers of any kind, I told him that I did not have time, and thanked him.   He gently thanked me, and quietly walked away to another part of the gas station ... and used his cell phone, but I could not even tell if he had a car.
I was in a gas station, in a suburb, near a highway, not in the city, where seeing a monk would not be all that unusual.  I was no where near the city.   But there?  At the gas station, while it was freezing, and lightly snowing?  Been to this gas station hundreds of times, too. 
Make of it what you will, Dali's Mum, but I have not been able to stop shaking my head and marveling over his appearance to me like that, out of the blue.   It was uncanny in the extreme, don't you think? 

Sending you loving and caring thoughts, from across the miles,
Grace  

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Grace, Thanks so much for your post.  When I read the part about the Monk, the hair on my arms stood up and I felt a chill.  Wow..  It seems to me that Dali was communicating with you!  I really believe she tries to get messages out and you really know when they show up.  I have been reading a lot about Monks and their artwork.  Monks from Tibet came to our university last year and spent weeks making one of their sand drawings.  I am not sure if you are familiar with them.  They are Beautiful!  They spend weeks of tedious work making the art out of colored sand, never speaking, just diligently working.  After they are finished and everyone sees it and marvels in its beauty, they destroy it.  The meaning is that beauty is created, but it does not last.  My daughter went to see them and bought one of their bracelets they make and sell to finance their ventures.  I did not know this.  She brought it to me YESTERDAY and told me where it came from.  And then I read your post TODAY.  WOW..  that too seems coincidental to me.   Lhasa Apsos have a very interesting history as I'm sure you have read and they are very protective and loyal and smart.  Dali's AKC registered name is "The Dali Lhasa" after the Dalai Llamas.  She certainly is more than a dog to me and I am glad you understand why I never want another pet.  I will so miss that love and companionship, but will have it again when I go to meet Dali one day.  I am going to buy the book you mentioned, it sounds wonderful, thank you!  Thank you so much for telling me this story and for your kind words.

On another note, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Twirlie.  Three months is a very hard day to deal with and I know how you must feel.  It is always good to read and learn about the other animals and their humans.  None of us are alone in our grief and we all must handle it in our own way.  Pancreatic Cancer is a very painful disease so I know your Twirlie is painfree and happy to be at the bridge.  You know Dali had her own cat (Rabies) and thought she was Rabies mother.  She loved cats and played with them every chance she could.  I Smile knowing she is playing with Twirlie at the bridge and letting her know how she communicated with you.

I will light a candle for Twirlie tomorrow on her 3 month and say a prayer for her as I do for my Dali every day.  Thanks so much for your post, it meant the world to me.  Hugs to you and Twirlie (love that name!) from me and my Dali

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
Graceful
Dali's Mom,
You are entirely welcome, and thank you for the fabulous response.  I am so elated that your heart was uplifted hearing about my Dali / Dalai experience yesterday; afterwards, I was pinching myself: did that just happen? Did a monk just walk up to me in the middle of no where?!  It was truly crazy, and since I also believe in the concept of "six degrees of separation", it further cemented that as well.   

I loved reading about your description of the sand drawings; very fascinating.  That sort of thing is right up my alley, in fact.   You are right, "impermanence" is one of the basic principles of monastic / Buddhist life, and that is why it makes sense that they would create a work of art, and beauty, and not have any need for it to last.  It's as though the act of creating the art brought the happiness, not the art itself.  As for the bracelet ... you mean your daughter gave you the bracelet made by the monks just yesterday?  "Wow" is right.   Is the bracelet a blessing bracelet?  I got a "Namaste" bracelet to wear when my Twirl passed away, and it brings me great comfort.  I have a very long-standing and advanced yoga practice, so the concept has meaning for me, and I now dedicate all of my yoga sessions to Twirl's memory, which brings me peace.  Many times at the end of the session, the tears flow down my cheeks, but luckily, the room is dark by then. :)

The book I mentioned is underscored as a "handbook for living" and while I can't promise you it will speak to you as much as it has spoken to me, I do think you will find some nuggets in it that will comfort you, most especially since it was written by the DL.   I will give you a caveat /disclaimer based on the fact it is co-authored by a physician whose "additions" turn some people off, but didn't really bother me.  You can gloss over those sections if they bug you.   I got the book completely unexpectedly, out of a bargain bin one day (I love bookstores), because I think the DL is very cool, and Tibetan Buddhism is so rich and philosophical, rather than religious.   Dali's culture of origin is so interesting, and I honestly think it will bring you some peace to read some of the DL's words, as they are very gentle.  It's not the deepest book you will ever read, but it has honest, easy, useful lessons, and the words do sink in. 

Thank you for knowing and understanding (all too well) that the 3-month mark for Twirl is a very sad day.  I *love* the idea that Dali had her own cat, I just cannot get over that she was so nurturing to think she was her cat's mother.   I would love to think she and Twirl are friends now, I truly mean that.  Twirlie was the only long-haired kitty I ever had for a pet, and I just adored his fur, he was so soft, it was like touching silk, and even though he was very skinny under all the fur, he had "monster paws" with fur coming out of the pads underneath, so adorable.  I told him all the time, I just could not believe I had a kitty like him.   I do have another kitty, I dearly love, but he is more my "goofy kid" , while Twirl was truly and always was and will be, my baby.  I think you understand exactly what I mean, and how those feelings can co-exist in terms of love, but not in terms of deep connection, or at that true soul level.  Thank you for commenting on his name, too.  He started to twirl around endlessly the day I adopted him and took him out of the pet carrier!  He twirled his whole life, and had the happiest demeanor I've ever seen.  
Thank you for reminding me re: the candle light service, since it is on Mondays and tomorrow is deeply special for me.   I will look up the time it starts.   I should be home from yoga by 8:00 and can probably make it; I would love to be there. 

If you would light a candle tomorrow for Twirlie, when you light one for Dali, that would comfort me greatly, and I would love knowing that you have done that for us.   Tomorrow night, I will dedicate my yoga session for both Dali and Twirlie, so our connection will be very strong.  I'm so glad that I had a sign for you, which was so fitting to help you through this weekend, especially.   Please feel free to PM me any time.  I have another book to recommend to you, and I will send you a PM about it soon.  It is not a book I would recommend to just anyone, but it might be something that will be of interest to you.  

I'm so glad we connected in a way that brought us both some comfort.   Please send some warm air up the east coast, too.  :)
In friendship,
Grace 

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
 Thanks Grace.  I look forward to getting the book and reading it.  I read EVERYTHING I can these days about pet life/death and the afterlife.  You learn from everything you read and any recommendations are always appreciated.  I am honored to light a candle for your Twirlie tomorrow when I light them for Dali.  

Yes, my daughter just gave me that bracelet made by the Monks yesterday.  There had to be some connection with that and the Monk.  My Dali has spoken to me in many different ways since she left and it fascinates me, as I never believed in such before she left.  The day after she left I opened my front door and there was a beautiful perfect rainbow over my house.  I immediately googled rainbow and it took me to the Rainbow Bridge website where I have been since.  I know my Dali was directing me to find comfort.  Some things are just unexplainable.

I loved reading about Twirlie's coat.  I smiled because my Dali looked a lot larger than she really was.  When I would groom her she was very small under all that hair, just like your Twirlie.  I appreciated all you had to say about your precious furbaby.  They are truly heaven sent.    I know you miss your Twirlie as much as I miss my Dali. 

This picture of a monk in Tibet with his Lhasa looks just like my girl, only a bit bigger
[image]

My girl...my everything.

Image result for dali lhasa blog

Hug to you and Twirlie from me and Dali....  Thanks

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
patent123
I understand your pain as I felt the same.  I use to question on if I did enough and did my girl know I loved her? Did she know I was sorry? Just recently I accepted what happened (I think) and I am realizing of course she knows I tried and that I love her.  I spent 6 years spending every day caring for her, making memories, and most importantly snuggling at night with her.  I realized that an ending that isn't exactly ideal doesn't erase everything her and I created.  Losing a loved one no matter the circumstances is always hard.  However, what you do leading up I believe really proves the bond.  We spend our lives caring for and loving on our pets and when we say goodbye they know that they are loved.  Dali was clearly loved by how fondly you talk of her! (and shes beautiful) 
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thanks so much.  I will always question, and I think it is knowing that I had left and wasn't with her is what hurts me the most and gives me such guilt.  I loved her best I could.  My kids said I took better care of her than them, but then again, I always told them that SHE is my child too.  One that I will always miss.  I have been keeping her sister for a couple of days and feel so guilt just petting her and that isn't fair.  Thanks so much for your comfort..it made me remember how I snuggled and hugged my girl that last night, never knowing it was my last.  And I told her I loved her and how beautiful she was.  Hugs to you and yours from me and my Dali

'Please SHARE. <3 <br />
<br />
Namaste. ~Michelle <br />
@[359695217388409:274:Psychic Medium Michelle Russell]'

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0