Sydsmoms
6 months ago today I said goodbye to my Sydney. I'm going to try really hard today to remember the good times and not the painful last 24 hours spent with her. I miss her friendship everyday!! I used to joke that I loved her more than ANYONE and it's still true. I know she lived a great life until her body just gave out but I still want her back everyday.
Any positive thoughts or strength today would be appreciated......
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Monica,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious and beautiful Sydney, such a beautiful girl.

You are exactly right in that the best way to honor Sydney is to focus on the fun, loving and beautiful times you two shared together, Sydney wouldn't want it any other way. She would want nothing more than to see you smile as you hold and treasure the many, many memories that she gave you, the memories that Sydney now wants you to use to help you get through your days, those memories of the fun, the laughter and the love that Sydney provided to you, those are the ones she wants you to hold close to your heart. She is with you still, her love surrounds you each and every day, when you think of her and talk about and to her, well... she loves nothing more than to hear your voice and the love it has when you mention her name, so always talk to your precious girl, never not let her know that the love you have for her is still strong....actually, it is stronger now than it ever was...isn't that an amazing thing Monica, that our love for our girls grows each and every day....such a beautiful thing....

May you find strength, peace and healing as you reflect on the many wonderful times you and Sydney shared, may those memories bring the desired peace your heart and soul so deserves.

Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for winnie the pooh quotes

Quote 0 0
Cynthia_H

Dear Monica:

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Sydney, what a beautiful girl she is.  

Of course you miss her everyday and want her back everyday.  The unconditional love we receive from our fur babies is so special and sometimes not found in our relationships with people.  The love and joy you and Sydney shared will be with you forever.

I am reading a book by Jon Katz, Going Home, Finding Peace When Pets Die.  When I was having a bad day yesterday, I found this passage helpful, perhaps you will too: 

Dear beloved Friend: 

It was my time to say goodbye, my spirit was fading, and I had been called home and away from you.  I wished to be strong again, to roll in gross stuff, to eat all the things you hated me to eat, to run through the fields and the wood, to smell the stories of life, and to raise my nose to the wind and see the world all over again.

I know I leave you in loneliness and pain.  I hope, in your grief and loneliness, that you remember how sad it would have been had we not had this time together, not had the chance to give each other so much. 

I have gone, but I have not gone far.  I will see you again and I will watch over you.  Thank you for all you gave me.  I ask that you remember me and grieve for me.  And then, when you can, let the pain and grief go, freely and in peace and celebrate me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Take care and be gentle with yourself.  Cynthia. 

Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sydney......and six months is still new. What i did was I tried to replace one happy thought each and every day, a new thought, something that brought a smile to my face. I still was crying for about 8 to 9 months each day, but these happy thoughts made the tears less and less each day. Please know your Sydney is still with you, look for the signs....and keep posting its good to talk and get things out and know you are not alone.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Sydsmoms
Thank you so much to all of you who replied!! Your words brought tears but also smiles!! I will look for that book...might be a great read for me.
Quote 0 0