Lovelobo
I lost Lobo six months this week. It doesn’t get any easier. I cry at least once a day on good days but usually more. He was so much more than a pet. He knew me better than any person has ever known me. I think of him and try to remember all the fun times but sooner or later I always picture how he looked at the last time. I should have known he was in worse shape. I should have saved him The day he did an owl started staying in a near by tree. He stayed for months. I made myself believe it was him watching over me like he would. I feel so lost without him. He was a good friend. Love you Lobo. You were a great one
Quote 0 0
msweet13
I am sorry to hear that you are still having pain after losing your precious baby Lobo. It will be 6 weeks on Friday that I lost my beautiful boy Brutus so I am still fresh in my grief journey and I cry all the time and feel very very lost. He is/was my "heart dog" which is my canine soul mate.  I believe that everyone grieves differently and it takes whatever time it takes. I wish I could say something to make your pain go away but I do not know the words. Just be good to yourself and hold onto all the good memories you have shared with Lobo. Talk to him and ask him to visit you in your dreams. I believe even though they are not physically with you that their spirit lives on in your heart and they are only a heartbeat away. From my heart to yours I give you hugs and warm wishes for comfort as you find your way.  
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I wish it didn't take so long to get over beloved furbabies. I'm so sorry about Lobo and that you're still in so much pain and cry so often. My heart goes out to you.  I hope the sharpness of your grief will start to ease soon. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
xxcesarxx
My baby Hercules went to heaven 2 months ago, I I'd hug him everyday and when I did I loved to smell his unique scent, I have smelled that scent out in my backyard 3 times, in the middle of the yard, and it was windy each time. And one more time at my brothers house. Each time I was thinking about him, each time I walked away from the scent to see if it was all in my head, I walked back to the area and it was still there, I'd like to think that he was visiting me each time and letting me know he is fine. I promise you this is a true story. 😎
Quote 0 0
jeffreyburcham
Today marks 4 months since my baby baby Apollo left me and it isn't getting any better.

June 1st will mark the 1 year anniversary since my baby girl Satin Marie had to leave.

2 Kids a little over 6 moths apart is more than any person should have to endure.

And it sucks something awful. I just want to go to sleep and wake up where they are. Every. Single. Day.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Lovelobo wrote:
I lost Lobo six months this week. It doesn’t get any easier. I cry at least once a day on good days but usually more. He was so much more than a pet. He knew me better than any person has ever known me. I think of him and try to remember all the fun times but sooner or later I always picture how he looked at the last time. I should have known he was in worse shape. I should have saved him The day he did an owl started staying in a near by tree. He stayed for months. I made myself believe it was him watching over me like he would. I feel so lost without him. He was a good friend. Love you Lobo. You were a great one

My loss started almost a yr ago, but she actually died Jan 3rd. I could see she was aging faster than her sibling but she was a 5 yr cancer survivor and never expected to make it any longer than a few months way back than. I cried several times a wk back than, knowing her time was measured. Than that friggin hurricane came, Irma, and we had to stay on lock down for 24 plus hrs. I couldn’t get my girls to go to the bathroom inside or in the garage. They just held it. She ended up with a UTI but I didn’t know it. It became so severe the infection traveled to her kidneys and caused irreversible damage, Acute Renal Failure. I gave her sub a fluids 3 times a day for 6 wks. She was 2 tenths of a point away from normal on her bed wrk the nite she died. She was happy most of the time, she hated the fluids, of course. I put her to bed on a Wed nite and 2 hrs later heard a cry. My last vision of her was seeing her neck craned back, agonal breaths. They are horrendous to see. I dropped and held her head against mine so I wouldn’t have to see them, and so my husband wouldn’t see them. I held her, telling her how much I loved her and what a good girl she was until they ended. It was quick.thankfully. I know agonal breaths happen after the heart has already quit beating and it was her body’s involuntary attempt to oxygenate the vital organs and she wasn’t aware of any of it, but that was my last vision of movement from her body. It haunts me, I’m sure it always will. I don’t expect it to get easier. I think we love them so much and feel such a loss because I don’t believe we can have that kind of unconditional love from a human. I feel for you, and nothing said eases the pain we just wake up and put one foot in front of the other 😔
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0